THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Jinking and embarked troops shooting-looked did not find clarification-?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon Rievect
Kabalite Warrior
Archon Rievect

Jinking and embarked troops shooting-looked did not find clarification-? Empty
PostSubject: Jinking and embarked troops shooting-looked did not find clarification-?   Jinking and embarked troops shooting-looked did not find clarification-? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01 2014, 01:27

Greetings fellow Denizens, I recently came across some info I thought was interesting and want to confirm it either way.

Regarding venoms and raiders jinking/shooting..... My reading and interpretation according to the BRB is that Jinking ONLY AFFECTS the Unit(raider/Venom) that HAS the rule........so if I read this right, ONLY the Venom or Raider is affected by Jinking in regards to shooting BECAUSE any of the units-Wyches,Warriors,Wracks,what have you- that are embarked and may be embarked, DO NOT have the Jink rule attached to their stats or options, so they would be able to fire NORMALLY(unless said skimmer moved 12" then snapfire anyway). Does this seem correct..??

AGAIN I am only going AS THE RULEBOOK CALLS IT ,Jinking affects ONLY the UNIT that HAS it as a basic stat to its capabilities...

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Aeterna
Kabalite Warrior
Aeterna

PostSubject: Re: Jinking and embarked troops shooting-looked did not find clarification-?   Jinking and embarked troops shooting-looked did not find clarification-? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01 2014, 02:36

This has been a big topic between my local meta, as it's hard to do determine what's intended. Because when a vehicle must fire snapshots from a result, the passengers take a LD test. Yet jinking specifys the unit must fire, so the debate of are the passengers and the transport the same unit is the determining factor, I've seen it played as they have to, or they don't. Personally I like the idea of the LD test, it's balanced, and makes sense compared to other rulings. If you get called out for not firing snapshots, you are technically right in your reading and understanding.

tl;dr You are correct in your understanding, for the different metas though it may vary.

"Hear our call children of the void, listen to the screams of your brothers and sisters, see the raining ash from your home. Do you have what it takes to stand back up, or will you fall like so many before you."
                                                                                                      -  Zorev Norterus, Archon of the Immortal Eclipse
                Kabal of the Immortal Eclipse | Coven of the Shadow Flesh | Cult of the Black Rage
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Jinking and embarked troops shooting-looked did not find clarification-?   Jinking and embarked troops shooting-looked did not find clarification-? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01 2014, 07:23

The rules are very clear. Unit in transport that jinked does not fire snaps because of that jink. Dont anyone even try to tell you otherwise. :-) Seriously.
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Jinking and embarked troops shooting-looked did not find clarification-?   Jinking and embarked troops shooting-looked did not find clarification-? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01 2014, 16:20

Look it up under the rules of transports it says it there. Don't quote me but I seem to remember having this question and we looked it up and said they had to snap shoot.
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: Jinking and embarked troops shooting-looked did not find clarification-?   Jinking and embarked troops shooting-looked did not find clarification-? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01 2014, 17:09

They don't.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Jinking and embarked troops shooting-looked did not find clarification-?   Jinking and embarked troops shooting-looked did not find clarification-? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01 2014, 17:22

My bet is that this mechanic will be our main defensive tactic in the new dex. Depends on the weapons available to the transported units OFC. And source of certain cheesiness...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jinking and embarked troops shooting-looked did not find clarification-?   Jinking and embarked troops shooting-looked did not find clarification-? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jinking and embarked troops shooting-looked did not find clarification-?
Page 1 of 1