THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Betting on Scourge

Go down 
+10
Count Adhemar
Aeterna
Grub
darthken239
Elzadar
Bibitybopitybacon
aurynn
notts
Crazy_Ivan
orestes85
14 posters
AuthorMessage
orestes85
Hellion
orestes85

Betting on Scourge Empty
PostSubject: Betting on Scourge   Betting on Scourge I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01 2014, 18:15

Well, it looks like its been confirmed that a unit of 5 Scourges will be able to carry 4 special guns. My meta is heavy vehicle, so I will definitely need to switch my army to use drops of 4 Haywire Blasters or 4 Heat Lances. Especially because Wyches will no longer have Haywire and Ravagers will lose Ariel Assault.

I've never bought Scourges before so I was wondering what the sprues contain? I am guessing on like 2 haywire, 1 Heat Lance.

Anyone have any good ideas to get 4 special guns in a cost effective manner?
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

Betting on Scourge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting on Scourge   Betting on Scourge I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01 2014, 18:52

I've just bought 4 boxes lol, can probably fashion some out of the bits i have in my bits box will probably have 8 with heat lances and 8 with haywire.
Heat lance will first be used on bloody thunder fire cannons, my friend always has two in the back field.
Back to top Go down
notts
Kabalite Warrior

Betting on Scourge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting on Scourge   Betting on Scourge I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01 2014, 18:56

read a rumour that 5 scourges with 4 heatlances is 120 points. not bad.

the box has one each of the weapons only! I turned the heat lance into a HWB by gluing some knives onto the end of the lance.
conversions ahoi!
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

Betting on Scourge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting on Scourge   Betting on Scourge I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01 2014, 19:03

well scourges are so amazing models that I have no problem buying 4 boxes, and building 4 with HL, 4 with HWB, and the rest with carbines. :-) they are absolutely gorgeous and one of the best models EVER! GW really deserves my money on those. :-)
Back to top Go down
notts
Kabalite Warrior

Betting on Scourge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting on Scourge   Betting on Scourge I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01 2014, 19:16

yup, they're the kit which made me collect Deldar Smile
Back to top Go down
orestes85
Hellion
orestes85

Betting on Scourge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting on Scourge   Betting on Scourge I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01 2014, 22:33

They are very nice. And only $30 in Canada.

I may hang out at the GW and see if anyone wants to trade guns out of their scourge pack with my scourge pack. So I could trade my Haywire Blaster's for their Heat Lances or vice versa.
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

Betting on Scourge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting on Scourge   Betting on Scourge I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01 2014, 23:10

Had two kits to begin with... bought another one and grabbing one more next week.. 16 haywire blasters should handle my anti tank... Smile thinking about using scourges in close combination with a chronos for a 4+ 4+ AT unit while the chronos handles the infantry..
Back to top Go down
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

Betting on Scourge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting on Scourge   Betting on Scourge I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 01:28

I think it's time I assemble my five other scourges.

It's a shame though, last codex I was bothered by how scourges just can't compete against ravagers, but now ravagers can't compete against scourges.

darthken239
Kabalite Warrior
darthken239

Betting on Scourge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting on Scourge   Betting on Scourge I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 04:02

it's cool for me i have ten painted, cause they looked so cool but only 4 have special weapons, thats all they come with
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

Betting on Scourge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting on Scourge   Betting on Scourge I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03 2014, 15:18

I think we will soon find out that Ravagers do have their merits compared to scourges... :-) They are quite even IMHO now...
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

Betting on Scourge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting on Scourge   Betting on Scourge I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03 2014, 15:30

I have 10, thinking of 5 with HW and 5 with HLs. As the sprue only comes with 4 different weapons it may take a bit if converting but that should be fine as long as no tournaments any time soon! Will enjoy getting them out!

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Aeterna
Kabalite Warrior
Aeterna

Betting on Scourge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting on Scourge   Betting on Scourge I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03 2014, 15:35

Will try to get four, probably four with HWG, four with DL, and four with Splinter Cannons. To me it feels that Scourges may replace my Ravagers in the army, four dark lances can sit back and snipe at any target, at the same if not better rate of a Ravager, and with a save that doesn't require snapshots.

"Hear our call children of the void, listen to the screams of your brothers and sisters, see the raining ash from your home. Do you have what it takes to stand back up, or will you fall like so many before you."
                                                                                                      -  Zorev Norterus, Archon of the Immortal Eclipse
                Kabal of the Immortal Eclipse | Coven of the Shadow Flesh | Cult of the Black Rage
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Betting on Scourge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting on Scourge   Betting on Scourge I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03 2014, 17:41

aurynn wrote:
I think we will soon find out that Ravagers do have their merits compared to scourges... :-) They are quite even IMHO now...

Increased cost, loss of Aerial Assault, loss of Flickerfields, change to Night Shields. I very much doubt I'll even bother fielding any Ravagers now. What do you think are their merits?

Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

Betting on Scourge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting on Scourge   Betting on Scourge I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03 2014, 18:59

I've bought four boxes of scourges to replace them as my main anti-tank, My ravager will probably be used with dissies now to shoot termies and those HQ's with eternal warrior.
Back to top Go down
@miral
Kabalite Warrior
@miral

Betting on Scourge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting on Scourge   Betting on Scourge I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03 2014, 19:17

You can easily buy the Haswireblaster/Heatlance from Talos kits on ebay and glue them on something. Also BLasters.. I have so many from my kabal warriors and the number of Blasters you want in your army is probably fixed. With trueborn being 5 man strong at least you might even replace blasterborn with scourges?

Ravager for Dissies with deep strike, that price is still the same. But three lances of which one is snap firing? I probably use mine as raider now. Maybe the Ravager has a built in NS already, then it is not too bad. I often park them behind cover and the 12" movement is not always required. But still...

And also and always: magnets are your friends!!
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

Betting on Scourge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting on Scourge   Betting on Scourge I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04 2014, 11:27

Count Adhemar wrote:
Increased cost, loss of Aerial Assault, loss of Flickerfields, change to Night Shields. I very much doubt I'll even bother fielding any Ravagers now. What do you think are their merits?

Exactly. 120 points for 5 Scourges with 4 haywire blasters vs 125 points for a Ravager with 3 dark lances.

No contest.

(Now I've just got to find a bits supplier that will give me another 6 haywire blasters and do some retrofitting...)

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
bveazey
Hellion

Betting on Scourge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting on Scourge   Betting on Scourge I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04 2014, 17:03

Am I the only one who thinks the new scourges look retarded? Why make them stupid looking bird creatures. I prefer the old ones. Going to be hard to find them I think
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

Betting on Scourge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting on Scourge   Betting on Scourge I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04 2014, 22:03

I have none and Im a tengu.

nuff said
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Betting on Scourge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting on Scourge   Betting on Scourge I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Betting on Scourge
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION