THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wyches, a fond farewell

Go down 
+33
Cavash
thenick18
1++
LeonDeclis
Thor665
Creeping Darkness
Zenotaph
Panic_Puppet
Mayk0l
Crazy_Irish
Bleaksoul Brethren
Cavalier
John M
The_Burning_Eye
Barking Agatha
Mr Believer
Klaivex Charondyr
Mushkilla
The PayneTrayn
Calyptra
darthken239
average joe
Lord_Alino
Izaeus
Elzadar
HERO
@miral
Forgotten In the Dark
Expletive Deleted
Bibitybopitybacon
Grub
Plague
Sky Serpent
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
thenick18
Hellion

Wyches, a fond farewell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wyches, a fond farewell   Wyches, a fond farewell - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 15:37

I have and will continue to run 2 units of wyches in my lists, like Mushkilla, I believe there is still a place for them.

Use the Animus Vitae, to get that FnP a turn early?

How about wyches with a hekatrix led be a succubus? The hekatrix with a PGL and a succubus wearing the armor of misery providing a -2 LD to units in 6" (you are assaulting you should be that close). Fire the grenade launcher and pop a few more bodies before assaulting since its a LD test.
Using the same unit, if they arrive from a raider,  put the Torment GL on the raider and again, you're popping more bodies before the cheap CC unit gets in.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Wyches, a fond farewell   Wyches, a fond farewell - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 16:43

So basically you're giving yourself (as long as your opponent isn't Marines or Fearless) a minor shooting attack before charging in with a sub-par assault unit? Functionally for the points spent you might be better off just buying a few more wyches for a few more pistol shots and ablative wounds all of which will work against Fearless and Marines - though I suppose if you're already maxed it's an idea.

I don't think it's particularly effective though.

Back to top Go down
thenick18
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Wyches, a fond farewell   Wyches, a fond farewell - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 17:20

1-2 more dead models, is 1-2 less overwatching.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Wyches, a fond farewell   Wyches, a fond farewell - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 17:32

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Mr Believer wrote:
Barking Agatha wrote:
Right, sorry. Don't take me too seriously, I just really like wyches. Smile

It comes across Wink

The models are great. I'm sorely tempted to use some to convert up a running kabalite warrior squad though now!

I've done it. I recommend it. It's amazing.

That's them WIP:Wyches, a fond farewell - Page 3 3ec30abf2dcf16fdef0de26ef349e392

Wyches, a fond farewell - Page 3 YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: Wyches, a fond farewell   Wyches, a fond farewell - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 23:12

I would have liked combat drugs to just give +1 to their power from pain like having a Haemonculus with you does. Simple, and none of the chance of rolling something pretty much useless.

Combine that with making power from pain start on turn one instead of everything being too late and you have a decently strong unit. They should probably have WS5 as well.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Wyches, a fond farewell   Wyches, a fond farewell - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 23:15

Just give them Dodge in the Assault phase and Shred for the whole unit and they're suddenly at least viable. With the right drugs and in later game turns with PfP they might even be described as good.

Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: Wyches, a fond farewell   Wyches, a fond farewell - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 23:16

That's my problem though. There should be 'right' drugs or 'wrong' drugs. They should always help. I say bring them forward one in pfp so they get fnp and furious charge sooner.

Dodge in assault phase would also be good though yes.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Wyches, a fond farewell   Wyches, a fond farewell - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 00:33

thenick18 wrote:
1-2 more dead models, is 1-2 less overwatching.
Agreed, but the issue is that +1 Wych body is cheaper and accomplishes basically the same thing via a splinter pistol and also has the possibility of being more attacks once the overwatch is over.

Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Wyches, a fond farewell   Wyches, a fond farewell - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 00:49

I assume that my opponent will always be Marines.

Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: Wyches, a fond farewell   Wyches, a fond farewell - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 08:14

Barking Agatha wrote:
Right, sorry. Don't take me too seriously, I just really like wyches. Smile

Respect! me too.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Wyches, a fond farewell   Wyches, a fond farewell - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 15:24

Anyone else notice this?

I may be wrong, but we only have two units that can assault encovered enemies without penalty.

One of them is wyches.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wyches, a fond farewell   Wyches, a fond farewell - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wyches, a fond farewell
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3