THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000p Dark Eldar, another wwp list but with a twist.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
teknistmajjan
Kabalite Warrior
teknistmajjan

2000p Dark Eldar, another wwp list but with a twist. Empty
PostSubject: 2000p Dark Eldar, another wwp list but with a twist.   2000p Dark Eldar, another wwp list but with a twist. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13 2011, 02:13

Hi.
I am sorry if it feels like i'm spamming the forum with army lists but i have a few that i would like to get some critique on. There is a upcoming tournament in 1.5 month so i need to descide what to play pretty darn soon. The other two options i am considering are also posted here and not long ago, one is a gunboat spam with no cc what so ever. The other one is a Footdar version with wwp.

The boatlist is alot stronger but i suspect it might not be as fun to bring along. This one is a mix between the two pretty much. My question is, is is good enough?

Baron
Haemonculus: wwp

3 trueborns: 3 blaster, venom with 2 splinter cannons
3 trueborns: 3 blaster, venom with 2 splinter cannons
5 incubis: venom with 2 splinter cannons

5 warriors: 1 blaster, venom with 2 splinter cannons
5 warriors: 1 blaster, venom with 2 splinter cannons
5 warriors: 1 blaster, raider with FF and DL
5 warriors: 1 blaster, raider with FF and DL
8 wyches: haywire grenades, hekatrix, raider with DL
8 wyches: haywire grendaes, hekatrix, raider with DL

2 beastmasters: 4 khymereas, 2 razorwing flocks

talos: chain, heat lance
talos: chain, heat lance
voidraven bomber: 4 mono, flickerfield

My plan is to reserv the wracks and let the harlequins start outside of that venom and mount up. Reserv scourges, both pain engines and beastmasters along with the baron. The rest comes on the table. Haemonculus starts with incubis and drop portal a bit into the table. Wyches move flat out to get cover save and to be a threat in turn two, just being in the face. Warriors move around positioning themself and perhaps firing a blaster or two while getting out if needed.

The deployment will be 5 venoms, 2 raiders and a razorwing jetfighter. I choose to only run one portal since i have so few units coming out of it. I hope its enough cause id like to keep the Baron around.

The biggest issue as always when running wwp lists is the anti tank. Its pretty low but often it still works. Perhaps another raider for the Incubis would be better just to get one more lance.

Last edited by teknistmajjan on Fri Aug 19 2011, 22:57; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: 2000p Dark Eldar, another wwp list but with a twist.   2000p Dark Eldar, another wwp list but with a twist. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13 2011, 02:22

teknistmajjan wrote:
Hi.
I am sorry if it feels like i'm spamming the forum with army lists
I'm notorious for it, so dont sweat it. Twisted Evil

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
teknistmajjan
Kabalite Warrior
teknistmajjan

PostSubject: Re: 2000p Dark Eldar, another wwp list but with a twist.   2000p Dark Eldar, another wwp list but with a twist. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13 2011, 02:41

Baron Tordeck wrote:
teknistmajjan wrote:
Hi.
I am sorry if it feels like i'm spamming the forum with army lists
I'm notorious for it, so dont sweat it. Twisted Evil

Hehe im glad to hear that.

So what do you think about the mixture? Somehow it feels pretty solid and yet very very fun. I'm sure visiting something like Novacon with this list would be hard. But here in sweden people seem to bring alot nicer lists, lists that have alot of copy / paste are frown upon.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 2000p Dark Eldar, another wwp list but with a twist.   2000p Dark Eldar, another wwp list but with a twist. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13 2011, 05:57

I think it's a stronger list than the other WWP list.

I would drop a Wych from each squad in order to put FFs on the Raiders - you'll lose a lot more Wyches if they get popped first turn.

Other than that my only concern is that your list is strongly skewed to fighting infantry. An enemy putting down 10+ vehicles (super easy to do at 2000) is going to cause you lots of issues.

Back to top Go down
teknistmajjan
Kabalite Warrior
teknistmajjan

PostSubject: Re: 2000p Dark Eldar, another wwp list but with a twist.   2000p Dark Eldar, another wwp list but with a twist. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13 2011, 10:11

Thor665 wrote:
I think it's a stronger list than the other WWP list.

I would drop a Wych from each squad in order to put FFs on the Raiders - you'll lose a lot more Wyches if they get popped first turn.

Other than that my only concern is that your list is strongly skewed to fighting infantry. An enemy putting down 10+ vehicles (super easy to do at 2000) is going to cause you lots of issues.

Hey.

Great points really. I am concerned about the amount of anti infantry vs anti vehicle fire i got. Some cc will have to leave for more shooting. Started working on that before i went to bed last night.

Regarding ff's on wyches. The wyches will be moving flat out first turn and then get their cover save so the ff's arent really needed there. The will most likely begin in cover behind a venom or such to even more safe if i go as second.

Edit - I updated the list now in the hunt for a few more anti tank shots each turn. I ended up with 17 AT weapons that can be shot at 11 different targets each turn. Remember that this is a webway list so getting the high numbers of the boatlists with 30 lances on 17 targets is very hard.

Edit 2 - So here we are again. I just came home after spending the night at our local gaming club. The matchup today was a friend of mine with his tyranids. A pretty stealer heavy list with a few suprises. I brought the list as it looks up there and was quite happy with it.

It is sure hard as hell to run tyranids against venoms. When you are up against 5 it just doesnt look good. I managed to wipe him of the table in turn 4 with minimal losses.

There are a few units i am sceptical about. Talos in this list, actually the wwp itself to. Incubis isnt really needed either. So i'm having a go at a whole other list next time. Thiś is what i will be running.

Baron

3 trueborns: 3 blasters, venom with 2 splinter

5 warriors: blaster, venom with 2 splinter
5 warriors: blaster, venom with 2 splinter
5 warriors: blaster, raider with dl and ff
5 warriors: blaster, raider with dl and ff
8 wyches: hekatrix with venom blade, raider with dl
8 wyches: hekatrix with venom blade, raider with dl

ravager: ff
ravager: ff
razorwing: disintigrators, splinter cannon, 4 mono, ff

So i got enough darklight weapons here and pretty good anti infantry shooting aswell. Wyches and beasts are two really good units to both tarpit and hammer with in some situations. I'l try this one out, it might be what i run on the tournament thats coming up.

Triple post merged, Please read the rules on posting - Baron Tordeck
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: 2000p Dark Eldar, another wwp list but with a twist.   2000p Dark Eldar, another wwp list but with a twist. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14 2011, 03:06

Sick. Maybe drop a Wych from each squad to buy FFs for their Raiders.

teknistmajjan
Kabalite Warrior
teknistmajjan

PostSubject: Re: 2000p Dark Eldar, another wwp list but with a twist.   2000p Dark Eldar, another wwp list but with a twist. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14 2011, 03:50

Raneth wrote:
Sick. Maybe drop a Wych from each squad to buy FFs for their Raiders.

Don't really need flickerfield on their raiders. They are moving flat out turn one and will get their cover save from that. Turn two they will already be engaged to whatever i am looking to tarpit for a while. I'm not worried about having it without flickerfield when the wyches are out.

so the flickerfield feels pretty useless there.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: 2000p Dark Eldar, another wwp list but with a twist.   2000p Dark Eldar, another wwp list but with a twist. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14 2011, 19:03

7 makes no difference from 8 when it comes to leadership tests. Getting some kind on survivability on those raiders may mean the difference between winning the game and losing the game. Maybe the Invul isn't for you because of your plan to zerg rush, so instead get the Shields so that as you are approaching you shut down melta and Rapid Fire ranges. Or get the save so that after you drop your payload your raiders might live long enough to blow up a tank. Either way, losing 1 wych from each squad ends up in your favor.

And if your only going to give the hekatrix a venom blade I would just drop her altogether and get haywires for the squad. Wychs are designed to be an Agoinser Delivery system. Unless you have nothing but guard and eldar foot slogging armies in your meta, the lack of ignoring saves is gunna come to bite you in the butt.

Back to top Go down
teknistmajjan
Kabalite Warrior
teknistmajjan

PostSubject: Re: 2000p Dark Eldar, another wwp list but with a twist.   2000p Dark Eldar, another wwp list but with a twist. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14 2011, 21:20

Baron: Regarding wyches. Agonisers is really don't needed. The venom blade is there cause i had the points left over, its a cute addon. However. Agonisers are really not what i need, wych weapons are the same. Running plain wyches is what makes them good. Also the hekatrix is ALWAYS worth it if you can find the points. The same for Sybarite. Cause the LD difference will be what wins or loses your game late when you have to take moral tests while standing on a objective etc.

The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: 2000p Dark Eldar, another wwp list but with a twist.   2000p Dark Eldar, another wwp list but with a twist. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15 2011, 04:11

I don't know what your meta looks like But in just about every other one I've seen the ability to ignore armor saves is invaluable. Plain wychs do nothing but die. They need to have an agoinser and haywire grenades. Otherwise you might as well run warriors for less points.

And if leadership tests are what are losing you games you need to rethink your game plan. Failing 1 or 2 a game is normal and should be expected and played around.. It should not make it so that you pay for bad upgrades in order to try and work around it.

Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 2000p Dark Eldar, another wwp list but with a twist.   2000p Dark Eldar, another wwp list but with a twist. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15 2011, 06:20

I'm just guessing he doesn't have a lot of Marines he has to assault.
Sounds like paradise Wink

@Tek

Let's just compare the Agoniser and Venom Blade so you understand what Baron T. is on about. We'll have a Hekatrix charge a squad of Orks and a squad of Marines;

Venom Blade

vs. Orks

Venom Blade - 3 attacks - 1.5 hit - 1.25 wound - 0.2 armor save = 1 wound
Agoniser - 4 attacks - 2 hits - 1 wound - 0 armor saves = 1 wound

9 regular Wyches would do - 3.75 wounds after armor saves

The Agoniser does no better than the Venom Blade versus Orks (and costs 4x as much!) so here it's really the rest of the squad doing the work and the Venom Blade helps you fine.

vs. Marines

Venom Blade - 3 attacks - 1.5 hit - 1.25 wound - 0.83 armor save = .4 wounds
Agoniser - 4 attacks - 2 hits - 1 wound - 0 armor saves = 1 wound

9 regular Wyches would do - 1.5 wounds after saves

So, the Agonizer functionally *doubles* the ability of Wyches to hurt Space Marines.

------------------------------

So Tordek's argument comes from one of fighting opponents with armor. When going vs. Space Marines, Chaos, Grey Knights, Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Sisters, ect. ect. the Agoniser truly is superior because it doubles the power of the Wyches in hand to hand combat.

Your argument seems to come from fighting Orks, Guardsmen, maybe some other Eldar - in those setups the Venom Blade is just as good as the Agoniser but is cheaper.

Personally, I see a lot of MEQ at tournaments - that's why I take Agonisers on my Wyches and encourage other people to do the same. It's a very smart idea, and there is no way to claim that the Agoniser does not serve a useful purpose vs. MEQ. But, if you don't ever have to fight MEQ or do so only rarely - it's perfectly reasonable never to use an AGoniser...but if you plan to take your lists to a tournament or any other area where MEQ are likely to show up it's very wise to get Agonisers, as Baron T. said.
Back to top Go down
teknistmajjan
Kabalite Warrior
teknistmajjan

PostSubject: Re: 2000p Dark Eldar, another wwp list but with a twist.   2000p Dark Eldar, another wwp list but with a twist. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15 2011, 12:33

I do not agree here. Mainly since i dont use Wyches to to more then tie up things long enough for other troops who i actually use for hitting the enemy hard to arrive. Wyches for me is ONLY tar pits. And the agoniser is nothing more then just the 0.5 more wound a turn there, in this case not worth it.

Mainly i play Incubis and Harlequins as hammers along with beasts and talos, these do far better then the wyches when it comes to destroying MEQ.

And yes i do fight lot of marines, mainly marines actually and it works perfectly.

EDIT: This bastard has been updated. I'm having a few lists to pick from at the moment and all are posted here. Got to descide which one to take to the tournament in a month. This one seems alot more fun the other with mostly boats and shooting. Well actually its pretty much the same list exept for some taloses and a few other minor things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000p Dark Eldar, another wwp list but with a twist.   2000p Dark Eldar, another wwp list but with a twist. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000p Dark Eldar, another wwp list but with a twist.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: