THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Best Way to Transport

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Aeterna
Kabalite Warrior
Aeterna

Best Way to Transport Empty
PostSubject: Best Way to Transport   Best Way to Transport I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04 2014, 03:42

Hey I'm curious as to the best way to transport my army, currently using a box, but I may have to begin traveling more with college coming up, and the risk of the models breaking while in transit is growing. I've seen battlefoam and am tempted, but before i make an investment in anything I'd like to get some feedback on what other people use.

"Hear our call children of the void, listen to the screams of your brothers and sisters, see the raining ash from your home. Do you have what it takes to stand back up, or will you fall like so many before you."
                                                                                                      -  Zorev Norterus, Archon of the Immortal Eclipse
                Kabal of the Immortal Eclipse | Coven of the Shadow Flesh | Cult of the Black Rage
Back to top Go down
Patzerwv
Slave
Patzerwv

PostSubject: Re: Best Way to Transport   Best Way to Transport I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04 2014, 04:09

I purchased some of the 3" deep empty Plano boxes and had some sheet steel cut at work to fit inside of them. I painted the steel and silicone glued the steel to the bottom of the boxes. (Made 10 actually)

Now I just put a 3/16" magnet in the base of all of my models to hold them down. They never move (unless the magnet breaks free) and are easy to count when needed. Seems like a little bit of work but with the right helps it was too easy.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Best Way to Transport   Best Way to Transport I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04 2014, 04:35

Go Battlefoam. Yes it is expensive but it is well worth the price. I personally use them for my Warmachine army and cannot praise them enough. My bag is one of the Privateer Press bags with a pluck foam load out. It was in the trunk of a car when the car went off the road and rolled with enough force to throw the backseat out of the vehicle. I had a couple of models lose arms at the glue point but no other damage to either the bag or the figures inside. So save up and get one of their bags. I suggest waiting till Black Friday as that is one of the few times a year they have a 20% off sale or if you can get to one be at an event that they have a booth as not only do they have a 20% (and no tax) sales at events but if you purchase there then shipping is also free. Also if you travel a lot they have bags that are specifically designed to fit in the overhead compartments of airplanes as you never have to worry about your models being handled by the luggage guys with checked bags.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Best Way to Transport   Best Way to Transport I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04 2014, 05:14

Baron Tordeck wrote:
Go Battlefoam. Yes it is expensive but it is well worth the price. I personally use them for my Warmachine army and cannot praise them enough. My bag is one of the Privateer Press bags with a pluck foam load out. It was in the trunk of a car when the car went off the road and rolled with enough force to throw the backseat out of the vehicle. I had a couple of models lose arms at the glue point but no other damage to either the bag or the figures inside. So save up and get one of their bags. I suggest waiting till Black Friday as that is one of the few times a year they have a 20% off sale or if you can get to one be at an event that they have a booth as not only do they have a 20% (and no tax) sales at events but if you purchase there then shipping is also free. Also if you travel a lot they have bags that are specifically designed to fit in the overhead compartments of airplanes as you never have to worry about your models being handled by the luggage guys with checked bags.

This.

If you go battlefoam make sure if you do conversions to get the pluck kind. Because the battlefoam is designed specifically for the model.
Back to top Go down
Aeterna
Kabalite Warrior
Aeterna

PostSubject: Re: Best Way to Transport   Best Way to Transport I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04 2014, 05:22

Just did a look on the website, to get what I would really need to field the army I like, it'll cost around $200, not to bad, given I could begin building it with my army, than doing a bulk buy.

"Hear our call children of the void, listen to the screams of your brothers and sisters, see the raining ash from your home. Do you have what it takes to stand back up, or will you fall like so many before you."
                                                                                                      -  Zorev Norterus, Archon of the Immortal Eclipse
                Kabal of the Immortal Eclipse | Coven of the Shadow Flesh | Cult of the Black Rage
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Way to Transport   Best Way to Transport I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Way to Transport
Page 1 of 1