THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Succubus Fear Bomb?

Go down 
+10
mithosiris
Mushkilla
Obscurio
Dielema
Selvhan
egorey
Thor665
tibersky
Panic_Puppet
Rikev
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Rikev
Slave
Rikev

Succubus Fear Bomb? Empty
PostSubject: Succubus Fear Bomb?   Succubus Fear Bomb? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04 2014, 18:36

Am I reading this right in the Codex? Sounds like a nasty combo for an AP2 death star?

THe Codex says a Succubus can take items from the Artefacts of Cruelty list. So this means we can give her Armour of Misery and Archangel of pain for a really nasty fear bomb (-4 Ld!) and a 4+/4++ high initiative combat monster that is hard to hit and massacres in both shooting and assault phases?

Add a glaive and a unit of Incubi and they sound like they'd go well as a S4 AP2 unit of doom against the heaviest armour.
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Succubus Fear Bomb?   Succubus Fear Bomb? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04 2014, 18:48

Sadly not, I looked at this and wanted to try it on any character. The Artefacts of Cruelty section says that "a model may take ONE of the following" (emphasis mine), so it's only one relic per character. You can tag it across multiple characters though, but you're looking at close to 200 points if you take 2 archons, one with each piece, and a webway portal to get them there safely.
Back to top Go down
tibersky
Hellion
tibersky

PostSubject: Re: Succubus Fear Bomb?   Succubus Fear Bomb? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 04:15

Actually it only restricts one of each, so this is totally viable.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Succubus Fear Bomb?   Succubus Fear Bomb? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 04:20

It both restricts one of each per army and one per model.
Though you could toss in a second HQ to carry the other one, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: Succubus Fear Bomb?   Succubus Fear Bomb? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 04:24

just the succubus with glaive and misery and www[ is 140 pts. Is this better than an archon or the AP2 glaive
Back to top Go down
Selvhan
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Succubus Fear Bomb?   Succubus Fear Bomb? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 04:49

Where does it says that you can only have 1 relic per character ? I can't find it.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Succubus Fear Bomb?   Succubus Fear Bomb? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 04:58

Page 69.
Under 'Artefacts of Cruelty' (and, random question, is that some English spelling? It sets my teeth on edge)
Second line.
Back to top Go down
Dielema
Slave
Dielema

PostSubject: Re: Succubus Fear Bomb?   Succubus Fear Bomb? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 05:32

Yeah, i second that. Right there on page 69 on the wargear ls it says a model can only take one of the following. For other items, example under vehicle equipment, it states a model may take one of each of the following, to clear up issues.
Back to top Go down
Obscurio
Slave
Obscurio

PostSubject: Re: Succubus Fear Bomb?   Succubus Fear Bomb? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 11:43

I agree. However its worth looking at the main artefact page on 109. I think page 69 is a copy paste error, especially then looking at diabolical play things in the heame book on page 49 where there is no restriction on how many individual items on chr can take. much like page 109 in the main codex.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Succubus Fear Bomb?   Succubus Fear Bomb? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 11:49

Obscurio wrote:
I agree. However its worth looking at the main artefact page on 109. I think page 69 is a copy paste error, especially then looking at diabolical play things in the heame book on page 49 where there is no restriction on how many individual items on chr can take. much like page 109 in the main codex.

Don't think it is, orks, space wolves and grey knights are all limited to one artefact per model.
Back to top Go down
Obscurio
Slave
Obscurio

PostSubject: Re: Succubus Fear Bomb?   Succubus Fear Bomb? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 11:56

Mushkilla wrote:
Obscurio wrote:

Don't think it is, orks, space wolves and grey knights are all limited to one artefact per model.

Fair point. There seems no such restriction on the heame book "diabolical play things" that replaces artefacts
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Succubus Fear Bomb?   Succubus Fear Bomb? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 12:53

I also think it's pretty clear. There have been arguments with other codices in the past over exactly how many relics a model can take, so I think ours has been deliberately templated "Only one of each Artefact of Cruelty may be taken per army. A model may take one of the following" to avoid debate.
Back to top Go down
mithosiris
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Succubus Fear Bomb?   Succubus Fear Bomb? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 17:12

In the Sapnish Codex says that "One army can take just one of each relics" but doesn't specify if a character can take just 1.

At the Succubus page says "Can choose items from the lists Combat weapons, Wych cults weapons or/and Artefacts of Cruelty"

Ok I see now in page 69 that one model can just take 1 artefact of the list.
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Succubus Fear Bomb?   Succubus Fear Bomb? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 19:08

Either way, what's tactics (good and bad) can you guys think of for using the fear bomb? PGL? Massed grot/mandrake/beasts? Only for anti psyker? Whatcha feeling?

I'm of the opinion that you could build an army around it, drop the bomb in (with a vehicle giving a boost to the range) sometime turn 3 when the PfP table starts to kick in and when your assault units are in range to cause mass fear among the ranks. might take some reserve shenanigans but an opponent going from LD 9 to 5 and then having to deal with LD checks on half his units would be disastrous. ATSKNF ticks me off though...
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Succubus Fear Bomb?   Succubus Fear Bomb? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 19:17

I was going to try it, but couldn't at the points. Probably the best plan is to put WWP/Armour on an HQ, DS them in, and go to town with TGL raiders with PGL sybarites etc inside. The issue is that there's an awful lot of Fearless/ATSKNF forces in the game. Add in Necrons who are LD10 across the board, and there's a fair amount of forces where it has no effect.
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: Succubus Fear Bomb?   Succubus Fear Bomb? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 23:59

With so many units being immune to it, it probably isn't worth taking.

Quite why Marines are immune to the mind-rending shriek of a tortured daemon I don't know, especially when they aren't immune to the psychic shriek power. Idiocy.
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Succubus Fear Bomb?   Succubus Fear Bomb? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 03:51

That's the thing that bugs me most, that it can't hurt their precious space marines. So annoying.
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Succubus Fear Bomb?   Succubus Fear Bomb? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 04:08

Bleaksoul Brethren wrote:
That's the thing that bugs me most, that it can't hurt their precious space marines. So annoying.
Just means they will take longer to break once the get dragged back to the dark city Wink
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Succubus Fear Bomb?   Succubus Fear Bomb? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 05:14

Also means we'll never really have a use for the poor man's version of the Terror/Horrorfex either.
Weird value call, really, even back in the day people debated using them, now they're more expensive and not as good - huzzah?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Succubus Fear Bomb?   Succubus Fear Bomb? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Succubus Fear Bomb?
Page 1 of 1