THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

objective placement to maximize lack of grenades

Go down 
+2
MyNameDidntFit
Myrvn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Myrvn
Wych

objective placement to maximize lack of grenades  Empty
PostSubject: objective placement to maximize lack of grenades    objective placement to maximize lack of grenades  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 06:32

Just thought of this, but we should have placement of three objectives in most games, if our units don't have grenades and don't have the resilience to hold objectives... Would we be better off putting objectives in the open and forcing opponents into the open?

I've typically always placed objectives in terrain so I can hide, but may be rethinking that approach.
Back to top Go down
MyNameDidntFit
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: objective placement to maximize lack of grenades    objective placement to maximize lack of grenades  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 06:37

Since Maelstrom I've avoided placing objectives in terrain. I like being able to zip an empty transport over to score a VP without a 1-in-6 chance of taking a HP and being Immobilised.

Hadn't really considered it for grenades due to the old PGL but I guess it helps there too.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: objective placement to maximize lack of grenades    objective placement to maximize lack of grenades  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 17:00

It might depend on your army. Sitting Mandrakes on an objective in some ruins or something has a certain appeal to me.
Back to top Go down
MyNameDidntFit
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: objective placement to maximize lack of grenades    objective placement to maximize lack of grenades  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 17:15

Use the three objectives that your enemy has placed in terrain for that.
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: objective placement to maximize lack of grenades    objective placement to maximize lack of grenades  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 19:08

That makes a lot of sense. I'm digging the changes to Mandrakes as well. Even if a wave serpent will make them cry.
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: objective placement to maximize lack of grenades    objective placement to maximize lack of grenades  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 19:45

Myrvn wrote:
That makes a lot of sense. I'm digging the changes to Mandrakes as well. Even if a wave serpent will make them cry.
To be fair, waveserpents make everything cry...
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: objective placement to maximize lack of grenades    objective placement to maximize lack of grenades  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 01:13

I tend to spread the objectives as far away from each other as possible. I also bring 3 squads of reavers and a couple 1 man khymera squads that can hold objectives no matter where they are forcing slower armies to pick and choose.
Back to top Go down
El_Jairo
Kabalite Warrior
El_Jairo

PostSubject: Re: objective placement to maximize lack of grenades    objective placement to maximize lack of grenades  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 11:39

Bleaksoul Brethren wrote:
... and a couple 1 man khymera squads that can hold objectives no matter where they are forcing slower armies to pick and choose.
And you don't feel dirty?

I'm betting more on MSU with OS troops and skimmers, to grab objectives under the nose of my opponent.
And with MSU I might have some shots spare to shoot your pesky Khymerae. Or even better: they can serve as assault spring board to move my units faster Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: objective placement to maximize lack of grenades    objective placement to maximize lack of grenades  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

objective placement to maximize lack of grenades
Page 1 of 1