THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 pure dark eldar , alpha strike

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
undeadcatd
Slave

1850 pure dark eldar , alpha strike Empty
PostSubject: 1850 pure dark eldar , alpha strike   1850 pure dark eldar , alpha strike I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 18:13

CAD with coven supplyment

Succubus,helm of spite, glaive @ 120 <--warlord

5x Warriors, Venom, extra cannon @105

5x Scrouges, 4x Haywire blasters @120
6 x Reavers , 2 heat lance , 2 cluster @ 146

3 x Mandrakes @36

coven formation #1

2 x Haemonculus @ 140
4x Grots, Raider, nightshields @210

coven formation #3
5 x Wracks , ossefactor, Venom, extra cannon @130
5 x Wracks , ossefactor, Venom, extra cannon @130

1853 points (ya , plz find 3 points for me Very Happy )

simple tactic, rush forward and shoot/assault every thing

Back to top Go down
winterman
Slave
winterman

PostSubject: Re: 1850 pure dark eldar , alpha strike   1850 pure dark eldar , alpha strike I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 20:19

Doesn't appear you are using a CAD (which is a very specific detachment found in the main rulebook), but instead using the Raider detachment (which is a whole other type of detachment). The distinction is important because CAD troops have objective secured, while the DE ones do not. CADs can also take a fortification and LoW and the DE one cannot.

You need another troop to run the DE detachment (still requires 2 troops) so as is the list is illegal (ontop of the 3 points).

I don't know anything solid about the coven formations to comment on those. My only concern as of now would be for tournaments, as many limit the number of detachments total to 2.

To get legal I'd drop one of those scourges in order to get another venom unit. Frankly taking more then 3 units haywire scourges is a mistake (3 even may be a bit overkill) -- you will still face armies that have little to no vehicles and against those 360-480 points are wasted. It is why some folks are considering blasters over haywire at least for some of their scourge units.
Back to top Go down
undeadcatd
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 pure dark eldar , alpha strike   1850 pure dark eldar , alpha strike I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 01:03

New version! thx for advice!

Real space raiders with coven supplyment

Real space raiders  detachment

Succubus,helm of spite, glaive, haywire grenades  @ 125 <--warlord

5x Scourges, 4x Haywire blasters @120
5x Scourges, 4x Heatlance @120

Coven detachment

coven formation #1 (d6 roll at start of game for grots - +1S, +1T, fleet, shred, rage, 4+ FNP)

2 x Haemonculus , agonizer/scissorhand @ 175

coven formation #3 (if a unit in this formation scores first blood, gain D3 vp rather than 1. Wracks must start embarked an in reserve. Deployed turn 1 via deep strike)

5 x Wracks , ossefactor,  Venom, extra cannon @130
5 x Wracks , ossefactor,  Venom, extra cannon @130

1847 points

Last edited by undeadcatd on Tue Oct 07 2014, 04:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 1850 pure dark eldar , alpha strike   1850 pure dark eldar , alpha strike I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 03:28

First it's scourge not scrouge, sorry but that bugs. Anyway I like the basic shell you've got going on. I will say that I think the wrack formation will probably not pay off very often. DE give up FB very easily, and take it for that matter. I think the objective will usually have been scored before they arrive.

I would suggest losing the wracks for more warriors/scourges or something else altogether like incubi. Also I might be mistaken but I thought the grotesquerie formation only included 1 hq not 2 but I'm away from my books. Either way consider getting the syndriqs sump on the scissorhand for rampage. I'd also recommend aberrations for both units to give you options vs opposing ICs.
Back to top Go down
undeadcatd
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 pure dark eldar , alpha strike   1850 pure dark eldar , alpha strike I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 04:44

Brom wrote:
First it's scourge not scrouge, sorry but that bugs. Anyway I like the basic shell you've got going on. I will say that I think the wrack formation will probably not pay off very often. DE give up FB very easily, and take it for that matter. I think the objective will usually have been scored before they arrive.

I would suggest losing the wracks for more warriors/scourges or something else altogether like incubi. Also I might be mistaken but I thought the grotesquerie formation only included 1 hq not 2 but I'm away from my books. Either way consider getting the syndriqs sump on the scissorhand for rampage. I'd also recommend aberrations for both units to give you options vs opposing ICs.

edit scourge Laughing

ya , the formation need 1 HQ , but coven need 2 HQ

Wracks are there for ossefactor ,and they arrived on turn 1 , isn't it ?
However I can change them to warriors/venom and 5x Scourges, which free me some points for the upgrades you mentioned , thanks!
Back to top Go down
Garion
Kabalite Warrior
Garion

PostSubject: Re: 1850 pure dark eldar , alpha strike   1850 pure dark eldar , alpha strike I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 12:43

There is a formal problem with the list, because you are mixing up detachments and formations

Formations are a specific type of detachment and so you can't put a formation inside a detachment

If you want to use the Coven detachment you have to fill him with single units like you normaly do with the detachments from the main rule book

In the case of your list, you should move the 2nd Homunculus in the Real space raiders detachment, get rid of the Coven detachment (and it's special rules) and field the 2 Coven formations alongside the Riders detachment.

Gamewise, you could of course deploy that 2nd Homunculus in one of the Grots's raiders if you like so

Or, if you put him in your list only because you were thinking you needed 2 HQ, get rid of him
Back to top Go down
http://apaintingchaos.blogspot.it
undeadcatd
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 pure dark eldar , alpha strike   1850 pure dark eldar , alpha strike I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 10:15

thx for the correction , here's the new one

Real space raiders detachment

Succubus,helm of spite, glaive, haywire grenades @ 125 <--warlord

5x Scourges, 4x Dark lances @160 --> stay in cover

Ravager, nightshields @125
Ravager, nightshields @125

coven formation #1 (d6 roll at start of game for grots - +1S, +1T, fleet, shred, rage, 4+ FNP)

Urien @ 140

1842 points

gave up wracks and get some long range firepower, how is it?
Back to top Go down
Grim Dark James
Slave
Grim Dark James

PostSubject: Re: 1850 pure dark eldar , alpha strike   1850 pure dark eldar , alpha strike I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 10:49

Scourges are not relentless so will be snap shotting if they move with Dark Lances. If you really want a static unit in cover with dark lances you might as well use Trueborn as they are a bit cheaper. Otherwise give them straight up blasters (bit cheaper too).
Back to top Go down
undeadcatd
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 pure dark eldar , alpha strike   1850 pure dark eldar , alpha strike I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 11:10

Grim Dark James wrote:
Scourges are not relentless so will be snap shotting if they move with Dark Lances. If you really want a static unit in cover with dark lances you might as well use Trueborn as they are a bit cheaper. Otherwise give them straight up blasters (bit cheaper too).

trueborn only got 2 darklances , I would like to take them if they are 3 models minimal (as last edition) , or 4 heavy weapons for 5 models.

I am thinking of this :

Aegis defence line with quad-gun and 5 mandrake (cost exactly 160 points)
Back to top Go down
winterman
Slave
winterman

PostSubject: Re: 1850 pure dark eldar , alpha strike   1850 pure dark eldar , alpha strike I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 19:23

undeadcatd wrote:

I am thinking of this :

Aegis defence line with quad-gun and 5 mandrake (cost exactly 160 points)
The realspace detachment does not have a fortification slot. So you'd have to lose some FA and switch the a CAD inorder to add the ADL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 pure dark eldar , alpha strike   1850 pure dark eldar , alpha strike I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 pure dark eldar , alpha strike
Page 1 of 1