THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark eldar and Haemonculi coven color schemes.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mth
Hellion
Mth

Dark eldar and Haemonculi coven color schemes. Empty
PostSubject: Dark eldar and Haemonculi coven color schemes.   Dark eldar and Haemonculi coven color schemes. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 02:54

Hello everyone I'm new to the forms and dark eldar started dark eldar about a week before new dex came out. I'm thinking of doing a haemonculi coven that will be really be only wracks, raiders, venoms, the pain engines, and the haemonculi. I'm also thinking of doing a side group of dark eldar that are a kabal that will have trueborn,wyches and raiders,venoms. They will be run by an archon and a 9 man squad of incubi don't know quite yet. I will also have bikes and scourges. Please help thank you.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and Haemonculi coven color schemes.   Dark eldar and Haemonculi coven color schemes. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 03:02

Alright, one thing at a time, lol.

I'd suggest starting with 2 boxes of Wracks, a raider or some venoms, and a Haemonculus. Afterwards get the coven expanded with Pain Engines, more wracks, more wracks, more transports, more wracks, and some Grotesques.

As for the color scheme, do what you like! Do you want to show the cheery, chaotically festive Dark Eldar or the dark grim sphess elves of the far future?
Back to top Go down
Mth
Hellion
Mth

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and Haemonculi coven color schemes.   Dark eldar and Haemonculi coven color schemes. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 03:11

I already have 2 squads of wracks a haemonculi, 2 raiders, 2 venoms. And more troops. I will be expanding slowly on my coven. I can't just think of a color scheme
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and Haemonculi coven color schemes.   Dark eldar and Haemonculi coven color schemes. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 03:16

www.paletton.com
Play with that Smile

Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and Haemonculi coven color schemes.   Dark eldar and Haemonculi coven color schemes. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 03:47

Mth wrote:
I already have 2 squads of wracks a haemonculi, 2 raiders, 2 venoms. And more troops. I will be expanding slowly on my coven. I can't just think of a color scheme

Oh. Well... Think of a backstory first perhaps? That usually helps. If you want to be different (What egotistically Dark Eldar doesn't?) then my advice is to do something that clashes but works. You could do White/anything for a different effect.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Pink
Kabalite Warrior
Mr_Pink

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and Haemonculi coven color schemes.   Dark eldar and Haemonculi coven color schemes. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 18:06

I'd recommend going through the codex and doing a google image search for Dark Eldar models, saving some pictures/examples of schemes that you like, then bringing those back as examples for people to advise you on.

Other good sources of cool colour schemes:
Google image search Insects, spiders, tree frogs, salamanders, lizards, snakes, birds of paradise

As Alino said, you need to decide how you want your Dark Eldar to be portrayed. Do you want them scary and dark? Do you want them vivid and colourful? It's very easy for one of us to say "PAINT THEM YELLOW!" but do you really want yellow dark eldar?

The beauty of DE is that their forces are made up of subforces from the Kabals, the Covens, and the Cults (wyches). You can paint all these different factions in the same colours, or you can mix it up and have each faction have a defined colour scheme. The second option gives you the chance to play with different schemes within your force, or to introduce some contrast into your own army, where one part can be brighter or darker.

Back to top Go down
http://modernsynthesist.blogspot.ca/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar and Haemonculi coven color schemes.   Dark eldar and Haemonculi coven color schemes. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark eldar and Haemonculi coven color schemes.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: