THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Shadow Field And FNP

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kugu
Slave

Shadow Field And FNP Empty
PostSubject: Shadow Field And FNP   Shadow Field And FNP I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 07:07

I'm not sure shadow field can stay up with feel no pain I'm hearing some battlecasters say yes and numerous others while I'd like to believe it my roomie looked up the rules and it seems pretty clear you cant. You can only get feel no pain if you suffer an unsaved wound, and shadow field is disabled after you suffer a unsaved wound. Feel no pain never says that it reverses this , just that you end up avoiding the wound. Help a Archon out, am I missing something here, or is this just a matter of which way you bend the words?
Back to top Go down
Archon Rixec
Hellion
Archon Rixec

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Field And FNP   Shadow Field And FNP I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 07:19

the important part of the shadowfield rules is "deactivated at the end of the phase" in which the wound is suffered. So, if you take the wound but you save it with FnP, it's all ok. It's just a matter of grammar and cause effect. Trust not the "nay-sayers". If you save the wound with FnP the wound cannot be "unsaved"!
Back to top Go down
Kugu
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Field And FNP   Shadow Field And FNP I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 08:09

I actually just continued reading the rule with my roommate and it does indeed work with FNP, which is good because my dice love rolling 5's. Thanks for the quick reply though.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Field And FNP   Shadow Field And FNP I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 16:32

Yeah, the pertinent phrasing, is that a successful FNP roll makes it as though 'the wound never happened'.

So, basically it warps time, and no Shadowfield save was ever failed. Laughing

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Field And FNP   Shadow Field And FNP I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 16:46

Thor665 wrote:
Yeah, the pertinent phrasing, is that a successful FNP roll makes it as though 'the wound never happened'.

So, basically it warps time, and no Shadowfield save was ever failed. Laughing

agreed, the wording of the FNP rule even goes so far as to say if you pass your FNP, 'the wound is discounted - treat it as having been saved' and the shadowfield specifies the end of a phase in which the bearer suffers an 'unsaved wound'.

I like this very much! Think i might try to get my Archon near my Cronos for a 4+!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Field And FNP   Shadow Field And FNP I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 09:58

WOW. Never realised this. There's some incredible wording in this book, haha! I just saw the splinter rack cock-up, creased.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Field And FNP   Shadow Field And FNP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shadow Field And FNP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: