THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 points coven / realspace raiders

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
skullmonkeyz
Hellion
skullmonkeyz

1500 points coven / realspace raiders Empty
PostSubject: 1500 points coven / realspace raiders   1500 points coven / realspace raiders I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 09:26

HQ

Succubus (110pts)
Archite Glaive , Armour of Misery, Plasma Grenades, Splinter Pistol, Wychsuit

Elites (165pts)

Grotesques (165pts)
Close Combat Weapon, Flesh Gauntlet, 3x Grotesque
Raider (60pts)
Disintegrator, Enhanced Aethersails

Troops (360pts)

Kabalite Warriors (180pts)
10x Kabalite Warrior , with Splinter Cannon
Raider (85pts)
Disintegrator, Night Shields , Splinter Racks
Kabalite Warriors (180pts)
10x Kabalite Warrior , with Splinter Cannon
Raider (85pts)
Disintegrator, Night Shields , Splinter Racks

Fast Attack (492pts)

Reavers (126pts)
2x Cluster catrops , 6x Reavers
Reavers (126pts)
2x Cluster catrops , 6x Reavers
Scourges (120pts)
Ghostplate Armour, 4x Haywire Blaster , Plasma Grenades, 5x Scourge
Scourges (120pts)
Ghostplate Armour, 4x Haywire Blaster , Plasma Grenades, 5x Scourge

Formation (370pts)

Formation - Haemonculus Covens (370pts)
Cronos Parasite Engine (125pts)
Spirit Probe
Haemonculus (115pts)
Flesh Gauntlet , Gnarlskin, Webway Portal
Talos Pain Engine (130pts)
Ichor Injectors, Splinter Cannon

Soooo, taking the formation as primary would give the reroll to 1's for the Chronos / Talos FNP, and also the cover for units on turn 1 for everything else, as that doesn't require the RR detachment to be my primary if i understood this correctly.
Succubus goes with the grots and everything except WWP formation starts on the board.

Thoughts / suggestions? I'm a little light on AA but I'm only expecting to see 0-1 flyers in my games, so..
Sorry for the formatting, posting this from iPad at work.
Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
PainReaver
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1500 points coven / realspace raiders   1500 points coven / realspace raiders I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 11:21

Archons tend to run better with Grots. T5, 2+ invuls brah.

Succubus and Incubi are like, a perfect couple now. Everyone with AP2 weaponry.

Your Scourges will likely be enemy target priority #1.
Back to top Go down
skullmonkeyz
Hellion
skullmonkeyz

PostSubject: Re: 1500 points coven / realspace raiders   1500 points coven / realspace raiders I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 11:48

A melee kitted archon with SF, soul trap and agoniser is going to take me above the points limit quite significantly though, and majority toughness isn't going to help either of the two in a challenge, would it?

I was thinking with what i would like to fill my elites slot, or more accurately what i would want as a retinue for my other HQ. I think grots are best here, espsecially because my only really regular opponent runs a bunch of thunderwolf cavalry where everything is T5, has counter attack and rips apart every unit in cc that they'll get close to. So my plan is to zip around the table, staying 24" away from everything so he would have to roll double 6s on the charge to kill my stuff and soften him up with shooting until i can pick a fight that i'm not 100% certain to lose, playing the objectives as necessary.
In this scenario, ignoring armor saves isn't too interesting either, because most of the stuff has a 3++ anyway. Sigh, Thunderwolves -.-
Back to top Go down
PainReaver
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1500 points coven / realspace raiders   1500 points coven / realspace raiders I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 11:52

Per chance that the Soul Trap is really auxiliary. Your Archon's there with the grots to wipe out mooks with surfeit arrogance. Succubus is for Challenges.

Wyches can tarpit Thunderwolves if you can catch them.
Back to top Go down
skullmonkeyz
Hellion
skullmonkeyz

PostSubject: Re: 1500 points coven / realspace raiders   1500 points coven / realspace raiders I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 13:00

I don't think catching him with the wyches will be the problem, i don't really see them tarpitting the twolves for longer than 1 game turn though. Hitting him on 4s and wounding on 5s while i'm being hit on 3s and wounded on 2s, the wyches are either dead or breaking after 1 round of combat, no?

Plus IIRC the space puppies have to issue and accept challenges every time, so the succubus should be "better" here, though she's probably going splat first time she gets close to someone with s6/7, which she will as the twolves are base strength 5 already -_- decisions decisions
Back to top Go down
PainReaver
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1500 points coven / realspace raiders   1500 points coven / realspace raiders I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 13:04

Use that 1 turn effectively then, to focus on the other targets, objective holders. Or use your Wyches on turn 5 and then tarpit. They're not going away with fearless.

To be honest, we don't have anything that is an effective counter to Thunderwolves other than mass splinter fire. Succubus does have a semi-reliable invul, but don't rely on it too much. Archon w/ SF and Agonizer can go toe to toe though.
Back to top Go down
skullmonkeyz
Hellion
skullmonkeyz

PostSubject: Re: 1500 points coven / realspace raiders   1500 points coven / realspace raiders I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 13:15

Hmm maybe if i get lucky and the flying shoe container doesn't shoot the transport from under my wyches' ass and / or if i can make it jink with the scourges, i can keep them out of harm's way until they are sufficiently buffed by PFP.

Another thing i'd like to touch on, assuming i stick with the grots, it's a shame they don't really benefit from the "regular" PFP until very late game, i'd much rather take them with the PFP from the supplement, but then i'd have to scratch this list altogether and get back to the drawing board.

So many possibilities with this release!
Back to top Go down
PainReaver
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1500 points coven / realspace raiders   1500 points coven / realspace raiders I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 13:50

You could always deep strike in t2, and then get ready to assault in t3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 points coven / realspace raiders   1500 points coven / realspace raiders I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 points coven / realspace raiders
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: