THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 pt Kabal of the Burning Eye

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

2000 pt Kabal of the Burning Eye Empty
PostSubject: 2000 pt Kabal of the Burning Eye   2000 pt Kabal of the Burning Eye I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 13:00

Hi guys, I'm playing a test game against a mate tomorrow night to try a few things out - it's not therefore a cohesive list as such, more a bunch of things I want to check to see if they work how i think they will.

HQ
Archon - 160
WWP, Shadowfield, Helm of spite

Succubus - 175
WWP, Archite glaive, Armour of misery, Djinn blade

Court - 215
2 Medusae
3 Sslyth
Raider, night shields, splinter racks, dark lance

Elites
10 Mandrakes - 120

4 Grotesques - 215
Raider, night shields, chain snares, disintegrator cannon

Troops
10 Warriors - 170
Raider, Night shields, Dark lance, splinter racks

10 Warriors - 170
Raider, Night shields, dark lance, splinter racks

Fast Attack
5 Scourges - 120
4 Haywire blasters

Heavy Support
2 Talos - 280
Both have Ichor injectors and haywire blasters

Cronos - 150
Spirit probe and spirit vortex

Voidraven - 225
Night shields, 2 implosion missiles and 2 shatterfield missiles

Succubus goes in the raider with the grotesques, uses the webway portal to deep strike out of sight, then next turn charge. Chain snares are there to combo with the Armour of misery if the opportunity presents itself to tank shock and force a fall back move. She's got the glaive for going against AP2, and the djinn blade for extra attacks against AV3+.

Archon goes with the court who deepstrike to use eyeburst and shardcarbine shooting.

Talosi and Cronos deploy on the board to hold turn 1.

Mandrakes infiltrate 20-22" from enemy to minimise number of shots incoming, utilising the save from detachment rule to get a 2+ cover save on turn 1 without being in range of flamers.

Scourges obviously DS to take down tanks, unless my opponent deploys first and i think i can take them out from being on the board turn 1.

Things I'm looking to learn about:
Voidraven - how well to the bomb/implosion missiles combo, are the AI missiles worth taking as the other weapons are almost exclusively Anti tank or Anti elite. How good are the void lances and their extra point of Strength.

Succubus - does she perform well against elite infantry (TEQ) or is she better as a MEQ killer with extra attacks.

Grotesques - similar, can they take down big units of MEQ, are they tough enough to survive if they don't strike first. (4 have 16 attacks +4 on charge +4-12 if they're outnumbered). Can they take down terminators when used with the Succubus.

Reserves - is a comms relay necessary when I'm DS reserving at least 4 units added to bomber and scourges.

Does the armour of misery/chain snare trick work?

Are Mandrakes useful, either for soaking up fire or shooting in return.

Is the spirit vortex going to get to fire, it's ap3 and large blast so i feel could be worth it, particularly if my opponent castles up.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
skullmonkeyz
Hellion
skullmonkeyz

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt Kabal of the Burning Eye   2000 pt Kabal of the Burning Eye I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 13:07

Only thing i can comment on with my non-existent DE gaming experience: djinn blade and armor of misery on the same model is illegal, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt Kabal of the Burning Eye   2000 pt Kabal of the Burning Eye I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 13:17

skullmonkeyz wrote:
Only thing i can comment on with my non-existent DE gaming experience: djinn blade and armor of misery on the same model is illegal, isn't it?

nope, you can only have one of each per army, but there's no limit per model that I'm aware of.

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
skullmonkeyz
Hellion
skullmonkeyz

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt Kabal of the Burning Eye   2000 pt Kabal of the Burning Eye I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 13:26

Hmm, it says "a model may take one of the following: list, points" at least in the digital codex.
Interesting should that not be the case in the printed version!
Back to top Go down
Minks
Hellion
Minks

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt Kabal of the Burning Eye   2000 pt Kabal of the Burning Eye I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 13:31

How did the list perform - I'm interested in the HQ's, mandrakes and voidraven especially.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt Kabal of the Burning Eye   2000 pt Kabal of the Burning Eye I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2014, 13:36

Interesting interpretation here I think, because the succubus entry says you can take items (plural) from the three lists and doesn't say you only take one from the artefacts. I've never played against anyone who tried to say that artefacts were limited to one per model. I'll check the wording in my marine codex later to see if it's the same.

EDIT: I've checked my other codex (Marines) and because it's the old style, the wargear list is very different.

On reflection, I think this point is a valid one and that we can't stack multiple artefacts on one model.

So, any suggestions on what to do with the 30 pts I save on the djinn blade?

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt Kabal of the Burning Eye   2000 pt Kabal of the Burning Eye I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 pt Kabal of the Burning Eye
Page 1 of 1