THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Alt Haemonculus Idea

Go down 
+7
speedfreek
Asrodrig
Local_Ork
darkmark
horrid
Foo
Baron Tordeck
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

Alt Haemonculus Idea Empty
PostSubject: Alt Haemonculus Idea   Alt Haemonculus Idea I_icon_minitimeFri May 20 2011, 20:15

Anyone seen these guys before?

Little bit of conversion and this would make a great Hemmie in my mind

Alt Haemonculus Idea Cephalyx-overlords-CLPD

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alt Haemonculus Idea   Alt Haemonculus Idea I_icon_minitimeSat May 21 2011, 19:56

I've not come across those miniatures before no, but I'm certainly interested in them.
The uniforms (if you'd call them that) are very reminiscent of a period surgeon/doctors gown which is very fitting to their background.

Would you care to share the source of the image or link me to the supplier please?

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Alt Haemonculus Idea   Alt Haemonculus Idea I_icon_minitimeSun May 22 2011, 12:38

They're from Warmachine: http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/cryx/units/cephalyx-overlords
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alt Haemonculus Idea   Alt Haemonculus Idea I_icon_minitimeSun May 22 2011, 12:52

Thanks for that information Foo, I appreciate it.

Glad to see that they ship to the UK as well! I was worried for a second when I saw the prices in $
Back to top Go down
horrid
Hellion
horrid

PostSubject: Re: Alt Haemonculus Idea   Alt Haemonculus Idea I_icon_minitimeMon May 23 2011, 19:20

Those warmachine models are pretty nice and the GW release is fairly solid too. A single model for the hq choice means variety issues even if you use rakarth model when running three haemoculi. I still don't know if I want to run them in my army but if I liked them I wouldn't want to spam the same model nice looking or not.

I decided to take a shot at converting a test haemoculi from the DE plastics. With some position shifts the wyches and hellion parts offered up a nice frame. Once I get some green on there I'll post the results if everyone promises not to laugh too hard. I wanted a floater like the new illustrations and models but I wanted a less extreme form. While I haven't formalized my allied coven I like the idea of one that presents itself as non-threatening. Junior heamoculi would still appear mostly dark eldar as they are the covens intermediaries to the cults and cabals. The master haemoculi are shadowed figures and their appearances would be up in the air. I see the lesser haemoculi as diplomats or salesmen to the rest of the dark city. Most of the alterations they have undergone are sub-dermal or simply concealed. In the Ravenor books there is a nice sequence with a bounty hunter Worna who tracks a bounty who turns out to be more than he appears. Another character Nayl encounters, Taper also provided some inspiration.
Back to top Go down
darkmark
Kabalite Warrior
darkmark

PostSubject: Re: Alt Haemonculus Idea   Alt Haemonculus Idea I_icon_minitimeMon May 23 2011, 20:24

Ariensis wrote:

Glad to see that they ship to the UK as well!

You can grab them from maelstrom in the UK with free shipping: http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/index.php?act=pro&pre=prp_wmc_cyx_unt_901_000

I reckon the grafter from Dark Age's Skardd isn't bad either: http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/index.php?act=pro&pre=dag_dag_skd_ind_121_000

Hope that makes things a little easier for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alt Haemonculus Idea   Alt Haemonculus Idea I_icon_minitimeMon May 23 2011, 20:55

Thanks for those links darkmark!
It certainly does make it easier not to mention cheaper and faster.

That grafter is also very fitting I must agree, (Is he sewing his own skin on!?) as not only does he look the part, but his description sounds like it came out of the Dark Eldar codex itself!
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Alt Haemonculus Idea   Alt Haemonculus Idea I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2011, 19:38

I have whole set (5 slaves + overseer) of Drunges. Apart from beeing metal thay look great, with one exception - sides of loincloth.

I actually plan yo make them like Pyramid Head (give them shirts) and cast so this is NOT problem for me, but just sayin'...

Overseer metal arms are... pityful. I would sculpt him some sort of backpack (he have two holes for arms, second pair is attached to first one) and attach moltiple plastic arms and "mechadendrites".
Back to top Go down
Asrodrig
Hellion
Asrodrig

PostSubject: Re: Alt Haemonculus Idea   Alt Haemonculus Idea I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2011, 21:14

Nice. Unfortunately for me, I do all my gaming at the GW store, so I'll have to find some way to convert each Haemonculous to look individual.

Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Alt Haemonculus Idea   Alt Haemonculus Idea I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2011, 21:39

Well... then use arms of Raider crew, heads of Scourges and wrack/self sculpted body on thin metal rod/flyer rod.

You should have something like this:
Alt Haemonculus Idea WZ-Shakti_01
Only in skirt
Back to top Go down
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: Alt Haemonculus Idea   Alt Haemonculus Idea I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 14:14

Asrodrig wrote:
Nice. Unfortunately for me, I do all my gaming at the GW store, so I'll have to find some way to convert each Haemonculous to look individual.

I do most of my gaming at tournaments and my local club,
but doing it "all GW" is an important part of the hobby to me.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Alt Haemonculus Idea   Alt Haemonculus Idea I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 03:59

speedfreek wrote:
I do most of my gaming at tournaments and my local club,
but doing it "all GW" is an important part of the hobby to me.
I agree. I have used bits from other model companies in the past, but have always maintained over 55% GW-based model.
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Alt Haemonculus Idea   Alt Haemonculus Idea I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 05:25

I think they're a bit too large. Warmahordes is 30mm, and from what models I own (Protectorate of Menoth and Cygnar), the size difference is a bit too noticeable.

Granted they are very cool looking.
Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

PostSubject: Re: Alt Haemonculus Idea   Alt Haemonculus Idea I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2011, 05:24

I found that pic online a while ago and orderd them. My Coven of the Severd Tongue are cast out of Commorragh and have no acsess to dark eldar tec so the entire coven uses real space materials. I am just waiting for the unit of three as well as the drudge mind slave to show up.

Rip
Hellion
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Alt Haemonculus Idea   Alt Haemonculus Idea I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2011, 11:53

They definitely would, and my personal favourite is the one on the far right.

I'd eventually like to have six Haemonculi when I expand my Coven faction into a full army, so that's probably one of the ones I'll go with.

Kabal of the Poisoned Tongue / Cult of the Thirsting Blade / The Architects of Flesh
Zahr-Tann Craftworld
Sa'cea Sept
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alt Haemonculus Idea   Alt Haemonculus Idea I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alt Haemonculus Idea
Page 1 of 1