THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Aberration and Acothyst wargear

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
der-al
Hellion
der-al

Aberration and Acothyst wargear Empty
PostSubject: Aberration and Acothyst wargear   Aberration and Acothyst wargear I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 22:56

When upgrading a unit with a leader does the leader keep the standard wargear options for the unit?

For example if I upgraded a grotesque to an aberration does the aberration automatically get CCW and flesh gauntlet?

Also as the options for grotesques say ANY model may replace their CCW with a liquefier can the aberration replace their CCW? This is obviously dependant on if the aberration does get the standard load out

Also while I’m on, if I take 5 wracks and upgrade one to an acothyst can I still give one wrack a liquefier and the acothyst a liquefier?

thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
dhrakon
Hellion
dhrakon

PostSubject: Re: Aberration and Acothyst wargear   Aberration and Acothyst wargear I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 00:45

Quote :
When upgrading a unit with a leader does the leader keep the standard wargear options for the unit?
yes
Quote :
For example if I upgraded a grotesque to an aberration does the aberration automatically get CCW and flesh gauntlet?
yes
Quote :
Also as the options for grotesques say ANY model may replace their CCW with a liquefier can the aberration replace their CCW? This is obviously dependant on if the aberration does get the standard load out
any model is any model, so yes.
Quote :
Also while I’m on, if I take 5 wracks and upgrade one to an acothyst can I still give one wrack a liquefier and the acothyst a liquefier?
yes because it says for every 5 models in the unit (the acothyst being one model) you can upgrade a wrack to have the liquifier or ossefactor. the acothyst gets his from the tools of torment.
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: Aberration and Acothyst wargear   Aberration and Acothyst wargear I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 00:49

Yep, unless that unit's datasheet (codex entry) says otherwise.

For your example of Grot -> Aberration; Each Grot starts with Gnarlskin, CCW, and Flesh Gauntlet. One of your options is to purchase the Aberration upgrade for a single Grot. That stacks with the other gear (unless you swap it out with weapons of torture of course) .

I do believe yes you're correct that the Aberration could pick up a Liquefier since it does say "any" model.

As for the wracks, yes you can still take the liquifier/ossefactor since it says "for every five models in the unit". As for the Acothyst taking a Liquifier, 'course you can. Acothyst is allowed to take/swap upgrades from the Weapons of Torture and Tools of Torment lists, and the LG is on that list.

Edit: ninja'd

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
der-al
Hellion
der-al

PostSubject: Re: Aberration and Acothyst wargear   Aberration and Acothyst wargear I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 09:11

I Thought so, but thought it best to get a second or even third opinion.

Much appreciated dhrakon and Laughingcap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aberration and Acothyst wargear   Aberration and Acothyst wargear I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aberration and Acothyst wargear
Page 1 of 1