THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Measurements and Bases

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

Dark Eldar Measurements and Bases Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar Measurements and Bases   Dark Eldar Measurements and Bases I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11 2014, 20:36

I was playing a game the other day and my opponents large blast template moved over the jet bike but not the base. The rule book says, for non vehicle models, we always measure from base to base.The question is does it hit him or not?  I read in the rule book if a template is over a model it is hit so we moved on with him hitting those bikes but I'm asking to to verify if we are playing this correctly.  

I've also noticed most players that play DE and Eldar don't use the bases and state it isnt required for them because jet bikes are measured from the model.  The rule book says, for non vehicle models, we always measure from base to base so do we use the models for measurement or the base?  Thanks

Last edited by shadowseercB on Sat Oct 11 2014, 22:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Measurements and Bases   Dark Eldar Measurements and Bases I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11 2014, 20:47

Base counts, as stated in the BRB
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Measurements and Bases   Dark Eldar Measurements and Bases I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11 2014, 23:23

Found it, page 12 and page 158 covers models and bases stating that if they are hit partially or fully are counted as hit for template and large blasts.  But to target the model the range to the base must be met and the blast marker hole must cover the base.

It appears though that template weapons don't need to hit a base for the target also, they hit any part of a model as per the rules on page 12 and page 173. They just check range to the model and base.

Page 12 seems to clarify the issue for me most and it's at the beginning of the book!  The most neglected part of the rule book Razz

The book constantly references back and forth between models and bases stating to measure from base at all times on page 10 for models and units. Then states unit coherency is measured from the model and so is firing but when an enemy targets you they need to hit the model. It's not clear on how to measure distance. It's confusing because our jet bikes come on tiny bases that don't match the model like space marine bikes do. Anyone have a clearer explanation for this? Thanks
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Measurements and Bases   Dark Eldar Measurements and Bases I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12 2014, 00:43

Please do not double post. Use the Edit function - Count Adhemar
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Measurements and Bases   Dark Eldar Measurements and Bases I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12 2014, 00:47

Aaahh...

One is actual shooting (measure base to base)
the other one is determinate "true line of sight" (can you see any part of the model which is not "decorative")
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Measurements and Bases   Dark Eldar Measurements and Bases I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12 2014, 00:57

Are you looking at the book? Because I am and when referencing back and forth it talks about models then bases and it doesn't make any sense when funky models like the jet bikes, and there bases, are involved.

My last opponent made such a big deal over it last game even though i crushed him. I'm just going to tell my next opponent that the base is inappropriate for the model and to count the model for movement and range. Or just put space marine bases on them.

I think 6th covered base to base for shooting. This edition says from firer to model.
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Measurements and Bases   Dark Eldar Measurements and Bases I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12 2014, 01:16

Please do not double post. Use the Edit function - Count Adhemar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Measurements and Bases   Dark Eldar Measurements and Bases I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Measurements and Bases
Page 1 of 1