THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Shadow Spectres

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Larndorn
Hellion

Shadow Spectres Empty
PostSubject: Shadow Spectres   Shadow Spectres I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12 2014, 00:04

Looking through Imperial Armour 11 (Mostly to look at Corsair stuff) and I noticed the Shadow Spectres and I was wondering if anyone has used these with the new Codex yet or plans too.

I can see the Phoenix Lord+ a unit with an Exarch with the S7 gun and having 5 S7AP2 shots on the drop + WWP being very useful(+those S6 shots too) for popping transports (mostly wave serpents), but I admit I would be concerned about not being able to do that assault move the turn you deep strike,

So I guess I will float it out there are these worth using with our new Codex, and would it be a good idea to add a WWP or just Deep Strike them alone?
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

Shadow Spectres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadow Spectres   Shadow Spectres I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2014, 06:09

I dont think so because, in my opinion, we have currently better options in our codex.  You can find the new rules to them in the downloads section on the forgeworld.co.uk
Back to top Go down
Nusquam
Hellion
Nusquam

Shadow Spectres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadow Spectres   Shadow Spectres I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2014, 11:46

Irilyth's Shadow of Death rule makes for good negative Ld stacking with the Armor of Misery and his warlord trait is also pretty good. He alone could do 3 S7 AP2 shots or one that could be up to S9 AP1 Lance from Ghostlight. Also having Hit and Run is pretty nice if you want to get out, shoot and charge.

He in a unit of Grotesques and a WWP/Armor of Misery Haemy or Succubis could make for interesting synergy.

The normal Spectres are good mobile fire support. If you give the Exarch a blaster you could have a bunch of S6/7 AP2/3 shots, a couple blasts or, due to the new way weapons fire and are resolved per different weapon, two S9 AP2/3 Lance shots.

Plus they look sweet.

Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Shadow Spectres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadow Spectres   Shadow Spectres I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2014, 11:50

Nusquam wrote:

Plus they look sweet.

I'll be getting some for this reason alone.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Larndorn
Hellion

Shadow Spectres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadow Spectres   Shadow Spectres I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2014, 00:20

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Nusquam wrote:

Plus they look sweet.

I'll be getting some for this reason alone.

They do look awesome and honestly for forgeworld they don't seem terribly expensive especially compared to regular GW since those prices have been rising (well okay it starts adding up if you add the separate Exarch and the Phoenix Lord but still the looks are worth it and considering they basically have "custom" bases)

Gamplay wise I figured since Wyches lost Haywires, an entire unit with them + their guns would be a nasty tank hunting unit (albeit a relatively fragile one that is a small unit) and with Battle Focus+Fleet AND a thrust move they can shoot and scoot better than Tau (If I am correct that running does not disallow a thrust move), a Double tapping Haywire from an Exarch?

Of course the Phoenix Lord or where do I start with him, 2+ save he has split fire so he can target a separate tank with his weapon to potentially allow 2 dead heavy tanks a turn.

Oh and if you have a unit of them, instead of the Phoenix Lord you can kit out an Autarch with the Prism Rifle (the generics gun) and/or give him a jet pack too.

Interesting comment about the Armor of Misery+Shadows of Death, IF you ever would want to use a PGL now, it could work nicely since I believe that this rule applies to all LD checks (It doesn't work on Fearless but I believe Daemons and Marines are still vulnerable to this Smile)

The biggest question to me right now seems what WWP HQ to bring along that can do something after leaving this group(a problem for Scourges as well)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shadow Spectres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadow Spectres   Shadow Spectres I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shadow Spectres
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-