THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Multiple 2k Ideas

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FatBat
Slave
FatBat

Multiple 2k Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Multiple 2k Ideas   Multiple 2k Ideas I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12 2014, 17:16

First time for me to post something here on the Dark City so I will take this moment to say Hi to all of you and tell you a little bit about me Smile

I am playing DE for almost 10 years and i am really pleased with the new Codex. Some things have changed quite a lot if compared to last edition but in the end i do like most of the changes. I am a little bit disappointed about the wyches as I hoped the would get a 5++ with +1 if in CC, but yea that hope got vanished Sad

But now it time to face my problem: I can´t quite decide on what standard list i should build up. So it is hard for me to make up a 2k points list (the usual size where i am playing) that is a nice all rounder. I am no friend of adapting my army to the enemy i will face, as i do think that is boring.
I came up with 4 variants of how i could play my Dark Eldar from now on, and would be happy to hear what you think about them and which one i should use. Please note that the lists are not meant to be played at tournaments, and that I don´t wand to field an allied force of Craftworld Eldar.

So now to the first variant:
Quote :
++++Realspace Raiders Detachment++++

Archon, Blaster, HG, Armour of Misery
5 Trueborn, 4x Blaster, Raider, DL, NF
10 Warriors, 1xSC, Raider, DC, NF, Racks
10 Warriors, 1xSC, Raider, DC, NF, Racks
Razorwing, DL
Razorwing
9 Reavers, 3xBlaster, 3xCC
Ravager, NF
Ravager, 3xDL, NF
Voidraven, 4xSM, Scythes

++++Dark Artisan++++
Haemi, Scissorhand, Liquifier, WWP, Syndrio´s Sump à140
Cronos, Spirit Probe à125
Talos, Inchor Injector, Stinger Pot à 135

Total Points: 1999

This list has quite few models on the field on turn one, as almost one half of the points will come in as reserves from turn 2 on. So my plan is to keep the enemy at range and try to get some shooting done. The Warriors and the Reavers keep themselves behind or flank and move in when the Dark Artisan arrives.
I am not so sure about this one as the Dark Artisan are the big question. They take up a lot of points, and I don´t know if they are worth it, as i have not played with them yet.

Here comes the 2nd:
Quote :
Archon, Blaster, HG, Helm of Spite
5 Trueborn, 4xBlaster, Raider, DL, NF, Sails
10 Warriors, 1xSC, Raider, DL, NF, Racks
10 Warriors, 1xSC, Raider, DL, NF, Racks
Razorwing, DL
Razorwing
6 Reavers, 2x Blaster, 2x CC
6 Reavers, 2x Blaster, 2x CC
Ravager, NF
Ravager, 3xDL, NF
Voidraven, 4xSM, Scythes

++++Scalpel Squadron++++

5xWracks, 1xOssefactor, Acothyst w. Hexrifle, Venom, 2xSC
5xWracks, 1xOssefactor, Acothyst w. Hexrifle, Venom, 2xSC

Total Points: 1997

With this list i have most of my army out on turn 1, more shooting power, and will go offensive from turn 1 on with the Scalpel Squadron deep striking at one of his flanks, getting supported by the reavers while the rest of the army keeps up shooting.
I do like the idea of this one more, as 2 units of Wracks packed in Venoms poking the enemy from the side can be quite a pain. Plus the support from the reavers should keep them well guarded.

And than there is number 3:
Quote :

Archon, Blaster, HG, WWP à 115
5 Trueborn, 4x Blaster, Raider, DC, NF à 185
5 Trueborn, 2x Blaster, Venom, 2xSC à 150
5 Trueborn, 2x Blaster, Venom, 2xSC à 150
10 Warriors, 1xSC, Raider, DL, NF, Racks à 185
10 Warriors, 1xSC, Raider, DL, NF, Racks à 185
Razorwing, DL à 140
Razorwing à130
6 Reavers, 2x Blaster, 2x CC à146
6 Reavers, 2x Blaster, 2x CC à146
Ravager, NF à125
Ravager, 3xDL, NF à 140
Voidraven, 4xSM, Scythes à 200

Total Points: 1997

Here i have no Covens as support only pure Kabalites. I am thinking about taking out one trueborn squad with 2 blasters, make the other one 4 blaster, and take scourges instead. Not sure about that tho.
This list has a lot of firepower, but nothing suitable for cc. so i could as well swap the reavers with something else for even more firepower, like warriors in venoms.
Yea so this list is the one i am most unsure about, as i have not yet tested it.

What do you think about the Lists?
What changes should i go for or should i keep them that way?
And which one should i use as my number 1?

Thanks for reading, and i am happy for every answer Smile
Cheers, FatBat
Back to top Go down
Selvhan
Hellion

Multiple 2k Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multiple 2k Ideas   Multiple 2k Ideas I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12 2014, 17:55

I like your #3.

I think 2 blaster on trueborn is not enough. 4 blaster barely kill 1 vehicle. I would raise that number to 4.

I'm not a fan of the bomber. It cost a lot. I'd give your 2nd razor some DL and I would take a Ravager instead.

But that's my opinion.
Back to top Go down

Multiple 2k Ideas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: