THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

how do you run your warriors, venoms or raiders?

Go down 
+4
Caldria
HERO
Thor665
park1nsons
8 posters
AuthorMessage
park1nsons
Slave
park1nsons

how do you run your warriors, venoms or raiders? Empty
PostSubject: how do you run your warriors, venoms or raiders?   how do you run your warriors, venoms or raiders? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2014, 05:58

hey guys would love to hear everyone's preferences on how they run their warrior squads, also if they arm them differently, DS WWP etc
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: how do you run your warriors, venoms or raiders?   how do you run your warriors, venoms or raiders? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2014, 06:41

I run mine in Raiders and Venoms both, and always with a Blaster.
I think Gunboat builds are a poor decision.
If I were to DS/WWP with them, I'd do it mounted on a boat, not as infantry.

Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: how do you run your warriors, venoms or raiders?   how do you run your warriors, venoms or raiders? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2014, 08:15

Here are some things I like to do currently:

Quote :
5x Warriors, Blaster, Venom SC = 120

This is my standard Venom Warrior unit.  I use this to pick at my opponents and offer a long-ranged anti-infantry solution.  This unit should be used as long-ranged support, but also advance up if you need additional lance support from 18" away due to the Blaster.  Never forget that you have guys inside that can also shoot poisoned shots.

Quote :
5x Warriors, Blaster, Raider Lance/AS = 120

This is the anti-tank variant of the same unit.  You use the lance from the Raider to assist in anti-tank roles while you advance slowly so you can get the Blaster in there as well.  As you transition into mid-game, you should be able to bring 2 lances to bear around mid-field.

Quote :
10x Warriors, Blaster, Raider Lance/AS/SR = 175

This is my gunboat variant in its current form.  You run it 50 points more expensive, but you get 18 rapid fire poisoned shots from 12" away, in addition to 1 Blaster shot on whatever target that you shoot.  Keep in mind that the Raider's lance is its own unit, so you can pop a transport and then shoot at its contents inside with your warriors.  Being a larger unit also means that it has more staying power than the two above, so the 50 extra points you pay is for more bodies and more anti-infantry.  This one should be best used while close to your opponents, which means DS or steady advancement towards the frontlines.  Also keep in mind that the dudes inside are not subject to Raider's Jink snapfire restrictions, and never forget that Rapid Fire can now shoot from 24", just in case you want to get off a few wounds.

Regardless of setup, all of my vehicles come with Aethersails whenever I can take them.  They allow me to move a consistent +6" more in the TB phase, which means I can correct poor DS or get behind cover to await further opportunities.

And lastly, do remember that all of these are meta-calls.  In a infantry-rich environment like footcrons, greentide and Tyranids, Venoms and Gunboats do quite well.  In more Mech, you want option #2 for the cheaper AT.  No matter what, you still need some kind of anti-infantry somewhere in your list, so it all depends on what the rest of your list looks like as well.

Last edited by HERO on Tue Oct 14 2014, 21:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
park1nsons
Slave
park1nsons

PostSubject: Re: how do you run your warriors, venoms or raiders?   how do you run your warriors, venoms or raiders? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2014, 22:23

ok taking in all u guys said this is what i have come up with

HQ
Succubus Archite glave Armor of misery Haywire grenades 115

TROOPS
10x Warriors, Blaster Raider Dark Lance Aethersails Splinter racks = 170
10x Warriors, Blaster Raider Dark Lance Aethersails Splinter racks = 170
5x Warriors, Blaster Venom Splinter cannon= 120

ELITES
Incubi (4) Kalivex Venon Splinter cannon 155

FAST ATTACK
Reavers (6) Arena champion 2 Cluster Caltrops 136
Scourges (5) 4 Haywire Blasters 120
Scourges (5) 4 Haywire Blasters 120

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager 3 Dark Lances Night Shields 140
Total 1246

i think i need a CC weapon for the arena champion but dont know what to sacrifice for it, otherwise i think this is pretty good list for 1250
Back to top Go down
Caldria
Kabalite Warrior
Caldria

PostSubject: Re: how do you run your warriors, venoms or raiders?   how do you run your warriors, venoms or raiders? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2014, 00:39

You could always stick one of the caltrops on the arena champion, so that he gets the d6 S6 Rending hits against whoever he is in a challenge with - and you can also protect at least one of the caltrops for longer as you'll get Look out Sir rolls for him.
Back to top Go down
merse24
Kabalite Warrior
merse24

PostSubject: Re: how do you run your warriors, venoms or raiders?   how do you run your warriors, venoms or raiders? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2014, 04:39

I try to always stick my warriors in a Raider with Splinter Racks. To me, it's a great multiplier. Twin linked = more hits = more wounds. To take warriors in a venom seems like a wasted opportunity for extra wounds. In the venom, I'll usually run my elites....Blasterborn, Wracks, Incubi, etc
Back to top Go down
lessthanjeff
Sybarite
lessthanjeff

PostSubject: Re: how do you run your warriors, venoms or raiders?   how do you run your warriors, venoms or raiders? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2014, 10:57

I prefer just taking another warrior squad with a blaster in my venoms rather than taking full raiders with splinter racks so I can better minimize which enemies I'm in range of. I do think it's important to mix and match with the raiders and venoms though.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: how do you run your warriors, venoms or raiders?   how do you run your warriors, venoms or raiders? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2014, 11:08

I'm less enthusiastic about taking blasters in my warrior squads - I'm not saying they're not useful, but I just don't like all the other guys standing around doing nothing while this one guy pops away (and with my dice, usually misses horribly). As such, i tend to go 10 splinter rifle warriors in a raider with dark lance, with splinter racks and night shields (there's not much ignores cover in my gaming group so the +1 to jink is really valuable).

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: how do you run your warriors, venoms or raiders?   how do you run your warriors, venoms or raiders? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2014, 11:27

5 Warriors with a Blaster in a Venom with additional Splinter Cannon is my 'go to' Troop unit these days. Cheap, mobile, capable of damaging anything in the game and Objective Secured.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do you run your warriors, venoms or raiders?   how do you run your warriors, venoms or raiders? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how do you run your warriors, venoms or raiders?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: