THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

On the new codex and Coven supplement

Go down 
+3
valmir
The_Burning_Eye
Khain mor
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Khain mor
Sybarite
Khain mor

On the new codex and Coven supplement Empty
PostSubject: On the new codex and Coven supplement   On the new codex and Coven supplement I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2014, 14:15

Not really a question or anything, more of an accouncement, I just wanted everyone to know the new codex and especially the supplement are filled with new updated fluff, You'd think not much has changed, but truth is, things have changed.

In the codex, the harlequin fluff is new, I saw several editions of repeated fluff, but here we got some new knowledge. Several Kabals were described in details, same for wych cult, Covens now more than ever have enormous amount of fluff.

New important events happened, dark kin interact more than ever with their craftworld cousins.

The supplement has about 40 pages of fluff only meaning a lot of details on Coven and not only that on ancient eldar tech, on pre-Fall knowledge, the origins of the Heamonculi.
I know that a lot of people haven't bothered to get the book, but as far as fluff goes it's a must!

With the Age of Plenty while new perspective opened up, a whole new Dark Eldar Era is about to begin

Overall with these 2 new books, the amount of fluff expanded greatly, I'd advice all the fluff nerds to get both New books.

The last Black Library books:

The Dark Eldar Path trilogy also became official fluff, it's mentioned in the codex it's no wonder really. Andy worked on the dark eldar codex (older versions, same for Gav Thorpe) ,the trilogy is follows the fluff to the letter. we can consider these as Cannon, containing huge amounts of interesting details on the dark kin, like Castigators for example (converted/corrupted wraithconstructs)

Another fairly important book: Valedor: The dark Kin come to aid their craftworld brethen against 2 huge Hive fleet tentacles, it seems dark eldar have started to help out against nids quite a lot, several more examples are found in the new codex and also in the new supplement.

When you combine all these with the previous edition codex, you have quite a big amount of fluff on our favorite race.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: On the new codex and Coven supplement   On the new codex and Coven supplement I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2014, 14:29

Khain mor wrote:
it seems dark eldar have started to help out against nids quite a lot,

That's because killing nids is easy when all your guns are poisoned. 54 splinter rifle shots should statiscally kill a carnifex.

That takes 162 bolter shots.
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
valmir
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: On the new codex and Coven supplement   On the new codex and Coven supplement I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2014, 14:44

Is this whole thing with Khaine's Gate (trans.?) and opening at strange times of Warp activity new? I don't remember reading it anywhere before.

There is definitely the sense that the fluff in the book is part of a story in progress, rather than just presenting background.
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: On the new codex and Coven supplement   On the new codex and Coven supplement I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2014, 20:45

The Path trilogy is canon? Really? What with Yllithian, Kraillach and the crazy female Archon (forgot her name) all explicitly dying during the Space Marine assault on Commorragh? Has that been retconned?

(no sarcasm. genuine question)
Back to top Go down
Aroshamash
Sybarite
Aroshamash

PostSubject: Re: On the new codex and Coven supplement   On the new codex and Coven supplement I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2014, 00:52

The ones in the Path series are the descendants of the ones killed in Vects coup.
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: On the new codex and Coven supplement   On the new codex and Coven supplement I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2014, 01:25

They don't really even need to be descendants, they could be those guys re-grown from a toenail or whatever it is the haemonculi do.

I'm really into the latest wave of background.
Back to top Go down
http://Www.bakeframes.bigcartel.com
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: On the new codex and Coven supplement   On the new codex and Coven supplement I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2014, 08:37

Oh goody, my least favourite books are now canon for my favourite race.
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: On the new codex and Coven supplement   On the new codex and Coven supplement I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2014, 10:26

They aren't -that- bad. I for one am happy that this happened. At least the fluff in our books continues to be awesome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: On the new codex and Coven supplement   On the new codex and Coven supplement I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2014, 16:35

I will respectfully keep my right to disagree. Wink

I should be getting the new codex and the supplement in the next week. I'm thrilled to hear there's more luff
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: On the new codex and Coven supplement   On the new codex and Coven supplement I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2014, 16:55

And I will respectfully grant you the right to keep your right to disagree. Razz
No, really, to each their own. I liked the books, but I can see why someone wouldn't.

Same for me: my books are on their way. Can't wait to read them from cover to cover!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the new codex and Coven supplement   On the new codex and Coven supplement I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On the new codex and Coven supplement
Page 1 of 1