THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ideas on WWP Deep Striking :)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dat_Other_Guy
Hellion
Dat_Other_Guy

Ideas on WWP Deep Striking :) Empty
PostSubject: Ideas on WWP Deep Striking :)   Ideas on WWP Deep Striking :) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2014, 22:27

After a week, ive play tested the following

Btw the wwp holders were harmonculi

Scourges with 4 Haywire Blasters
A 20 man Blob squad of warriors with 3 blasters
9 Grotesques with 9 Liqifier guns
Trueborn with 4 blasters
3 Taloi with Twin Linked Liquifiers and Haywires
9 Incubi with Klaviex
12 Reavers with 4 Cluster Caltrops and 4 Heat Lances
Scourges with 4 Heat Lances
9 wracks with Ossefactors
Archon deep struck with a court of 6 medusae

I want opinions from you Smile what do you think can make us torunament quality using this method to smite our foes by surprize!! ;D
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on WWP Deep Striking :)   Ideas on WWP Deep Striking :) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2014, 23:04

How did you deepstrike 3 Taloi? IC cant joing them.
Back to top Go down
urden93
Kabalite Warrior
urden93

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on WWP Deep Striking :)   Ideas on WWP Deep Striking :) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2014, 23:11

If sticking to pure DE than max a tantalus if not than wraithguys dragons spiders specters or huge shuricen guardian blobb maybe 20 modell big or even warlocks
Back to top Go down
Dat_Other_Guy
Hellion
Dat_Other_Guy

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on WWP Deep Striking :)   Ideas on WWP Deep Striking :) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2014, 23:55

Klaivex Charondyr wrote:
How did you deepstrike 3 Taloi? IC cant joing them.

Your right wow didnt realize i typed that thanks. Wink
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on WWP Deep Striking :)   Ideas on WWP Deep Striking :) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2014, 09:10

Well I consider Liquifiers as wasted points. S3 and random AP does not guarantee any reasonable result on alpha strike and increases the cost of the grotesque by roughly 40%. In addition taking more than 3 on a WWP unit without a transport is waste because you have to arrange the DSing units in circular fashion. Rules for templates disallow to fire a template in a way it could hit a friendly model. Ergo the DSers will be able to fire 3, maybe 4 templates maximum. Probability that you will be able to use the Liquifiers in subsequent turns is highly variable as most opponents will do everything to ensure that you cant do that. The only thing I can think of where 9 Liquis in one unit could be good is as a charge deterrent, but again, that is too situational IMHO.

Scourges with HWB dont need WWP. They can usually come from reserves at your table edge and have effective range 36, which is OK in the T2+ usually. WWPing them means that they come in clustered, ready to eat blasts and templates and charges.  

20 warriors can have only 2 blasters no? But anyway, this could be useful. Rapid-Range Warriors are still the cheapest poison we have. Though even more blast/template vulnerable and charge still pose a threat.

Trueborn dont need WWP. In fact WWP is not a good idea as they will stay clustered for blasts and templates. They cant have HWG anymore or Heat Lances, better to place them into DSing vehicle and move them out to a cover and spread after DSing and that 6'' move can mitigate any scatter. Not that it is needed with 18'' range.

9 incubi with Klaivex is an overkill as of itself IMHO. They will be open to enemy fire right after DS (again clustered), then prolly murder anything on charge and be left open to fire again in his next round. I think their place is in Aethersailed, jinking, perhaps NSed raider, deployed on the board and max 6+Klaivex. 4+Klaivex is more than enough IMHO.

WWPing reavers do look as good idea with Heat Lances, but really really beware any templates. This unit is expensive and they can ruin your 5+ boys' lives. Charge can hurt them too even though they have HnR.

Scourges with 4 HLs... could be... but you will need a SF archon to protect them from charge and shooting. Again - blast/template vulnerable.

Wracks with Ossefactors - could be if you can justify the cost increase for WWP. Pity we cannot take them in more than 10 dudes.

Archon with 6 medusae - for reasons mentioned above, I would go max 3 medusae, 5 Sslyth to get that T5.

Thats just my few cents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on WWP Deep Striking :)   Ideas on WWP Deep Striking :) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas on WWP Deep Striking :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: