THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Urien Rakarth

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

Urien Rakarth Empty
PostSubject: Urien Rakarth   Urien Rakarth I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16 2014, 21:29

Is he worth his points cost?

More on this at 11.

But seriously, I plan on running him in a fairly melee oriented list, incubi, succubus, wyches as troops (that is not the topic of this thread I'm using them.) Maybe even get my wracks in close who knows.

Point is, is his father of pain rule really worth the points? I'm leaning towards yes as I can guarantee that FnP early just by keeping stuff nearby. Also the furious charge turn 3 is great for the incubi he will accompany but also usefull for any charges I make with wyches within his bubble.

Not to mention he can soak up some wounds in a challenge with his invuln/FnP
Back to top Go down
darthken239
Kabalite Warrior
darthken239

Urien Rakarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urien Rakarth   Urien Rakarth I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 00:41

I think he is, the boost he gives to nearby units is to good to pass up and he's cheaper than he was before.
if you get lucky and have a cronos close to him or a unit he's affecting that'll be even better, wyche's with a 4+ FnP will help immensely.
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

Urien Rakarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urien Rakarth   Urien Rakarth I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 05:48

Skared just posted a nice video about this topic on youtube. I can't really say it much better.
Starting around 11 mins is when he talks about tactics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6craft769o&list=UUPMpFBGxL7DL2rBUkeQAEdA
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

Urien Rakarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urien Rakarth   Urien Rakarth I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 07:39

I actually watched that thank you for the link. I always find skari informative, his tactica would seem to frown on him with incubi though. Wastes that tough 5. Except in challenges??
Back to top Go down
El_Jairo
Kabalite Warrior
El_Jairo

Urien Rakarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urien Rakarth   Urien Rakarth I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 10:27

I'm thinking about Urien too in a assault oriented list and because of T5 I will put him with Grots.

I believe the Father of Pain rule is quite tricky, as it is taken into account at the start of the Game Turn, BEFORE movement. So you would need to start inside his 24" bubble to benefit from Master of Pain. Which would need some careful planing to get the most out of it.
Luckily that should be large enough to have 2 units in there, it does extent to the outer dimensions of his transport, right?

To me the boost to PfP is really worth it and with his new Clonefield he can tank shooting wounds for the grots better. So all in all a net win from last codex for me as you can influence more than d3 units in a 24" bubble.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Urien Rakarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urien Rakarth   Urien Rakarth I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Urien Rakarth
Page 1 of 1