THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

coven wraithguard

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Raoiley
Hellion

coven wraithguard Empty
PostSubject: coven wraithguard   coven wraithguard I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18 2014, 05:33

looking for an idea for a conversion... I've got a pile of wraithguard guns. I want to make a wraithguard conversion looking like gigantic wracks. any ideas on what I could use?

I want them to look very nightmare before christmas esque...
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

coven wraithguard Empty
PostSubject: Re: coven wraithguard   coven wraithguard I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18 2014, 11:35

Made these out of wraithguard bodies and talos kit. Sort of thing you are thinking about or do you want more mutauted looks? The skaven rat ogres have great bodies that could be combined with talos parts for some awesome conversions for giant wracks.

coven wraithguard 5ea40e0c7fc82fe9b71b4d232d9c564e_zps55120f8f

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Raoiley
Hellion

coven wraithguard Empty
PostSubject: Re: coven wraithguard   coven wraithguard I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18 2014, 16:06

those look awesome! not quite what I'm going for though.
I really like the look of Wracks drawn in the supplement. the exaggerated beehive waist etc.

It's a no brainer to use talos masks for the face, but for the body to be the size of wraithguard... i just don't know. it almost makes sense to just buy them and then greenstuff muscles over the frame. i was just hoping to capitalize on the bits Ive already got without having to buy more models.

i made ten grotesques out of warspears and they turned out quite well. i worry that my vision will involve too much sculpting for my capabilities.

although it almost makes me think of necron acanthrites... at least they already have the wasp shape....

reading the codex about the endless variations of pain engines really has me inspired to become my own little haemy at my desk. just melding greenstuff and bits into horrifying monsters.

it also makes me wonder if I could fit any kingdom death minis into this Dark Eldar list. the horror aspect would be so rad.
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

coven wraithguard Empty
PostSubject: Re: coven wraithguard   coven wraithguard I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18 2014, 23:44

When I made my grotesques I used vampire count crypt horrors. I thought they had the right body shape (narrow waists, hulking shoulders, lots of muscle) they may be the shape your after.

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

coven wraithguard Empty
PostSubject: Re: coven wraithguard   coven wraithguard I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

coven wraithguard
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-