THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 Point Real Space Raiders

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ShamPow1999
Hellion

1500 Point Real Space Raiders Empty
PostSubject: 1500 Point Real Space Raiders   1500 Point Real Space Raiders I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19 2014, 02:09

So with the new codex in hand, I've finally decided to take a go at building an army. To preface, my previous list was outright Venom spam supported by HWG Wyches and DL Ravagers and as a result, I'm not exactly sure what to expect...

Anyway, I've tried to stay away from the Venoms as much as possible and came up with this:
1500 Point Real Space Raiders Detachment
HQ:

Archon w/ ShadowField, Agoniser, Soultrap

While the Archon has lost all available sources of AP2, IMO he is still more viable than a Succumbus just because of his ability to take a ShadowField. Although, I am slightly tempted to try a Bride of Death with the Armor of Misery and Archite Glaive for some armor ignoring goodness.

Elites:

4 Incubi w/ Klaives
Venom w/ 2 Splinter Cannons

The Archon goes here. The lack of grenades has honestly never affected me so I'm looking forward to see how well they can do. In my previous games, my opponent's have always dedicated a huge amount of fire power to guaranteeing their deaths making them an excellent distraction. However, when they are able to get into combat EVERYTHING DIES. The trusty Venom hasn't changed; fantastic Smile.

10 Mandrakes

With their decrease in points, 4+ cover save in the open (3+ on the first turn), and Baleblasts, Mandrakes have huge potential. I can imagine them sitting in a ruin for a 2+ cover save and even jumping out to set some poor Dire Avenger's or Fire Warrior's butt on fire. Their reliance on cover and loss of invulnerable save means that they will die horribly to flamer/ignore cover weapons but it also means less fire at my precious skimmers.

Troops:

10 Kabalite Warriors w/ SC
Raider w/ NightShields, DL

My official response to the loss of HWG Wyches. These guys are just awesome; they have tons of shots and their Raider could even peel some hull points if I'm lucky. They'll also have a 4+ cover save without jinking (5+ from the Detachment + Stealth). I plan to keep them back for majority of the game from splinter rifle distance and then maybe coming in for the assault near the end of the game to make optimum use of PfP.

Fast Attack:

5 Scourge w/ 4 HWBs

5 Scourge w/ 4 HWBs

This is where I think most of my anti tank is coming from; Scourges are amazingly awesome now with an effective range of 36 inches on foot and the deep strike special rule for a strong beta strike. My only real question regarding this unit is whether or not they could benefit more from Heat Lances; deep striking in with 4 melta-lances is nothing to scoff at.

6 Reaver Jetbikes w/ 2 Heat Lances

The purpose of this unit is to maneuver around any real threats (flamers) and potentially pop a transport and then assault with their improved HofW. They cost as much as squad of Scourge though, so are they as effective/ should they be kept?

Razorwing Jetfighter w/ DLs, 4 Monosythe Missiles, NightShields

The Razorwing is really just here for some air presence in case I come across a flier when harvesting some fresh slaves, however with 4 large blasts it can eradicate mobs quite efficiently. If I removed some other units I could upgrade this to a VoidRaven?

Heavy Support:

Ravager w/ 3DLs, NightShields

I haven't given up completely on the Ravager; it's still a pretty good anti tank unit even if it has been nerfed quite a bit.

-----------------------------------------------------

So there's my list. I usually play against Mech Space Marines, Infantry Tau, Eldar and SpeedFreak Orks which explains the use of Incubi and Mandrakes. Anyway you could make it better?
Back to top Go down
thedark
Slave
thedark

1500 Point Real Space Raiders Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Point Real Space Raiders   1500 Point Real Space Raiders I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19 2014, 10:39

looks like a list I could have made. but I would not give the archon a agonizer and a soul trap, I would sell the agonizer and give him a power sword / husk blade. You don't want night shield, for 15 pts you only get one point better cover save. The reavers are cool but dies like flies. You more want an extra ravager. The raiders WANT splinter racks.
Back to top Go down

1500 Point Real Space Raiders
Page 1 of 1