THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dual Eldar CAD / DE Realspace Raiders 1850 Competitive

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

Dual Eldar CAD / DE Realspace Raiders 1850 Competitive Empty
PostSubject: Dual Eldar CAD / DE Realspace Raiders 1850 Competitive   Dual Eldar CAD / DE Realspace Raiders 1850 Competitive I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19 2014, 21:19

HQs:
2x Eldar Farseers
1 Lhamaean* (or 1x Archon w/ Parasite's Kiss)
6 Warlocks

Troops:

4x 3 Windrider Jetbikes w/ Shuriken Cannons
2x 5 Kabalite Warriors w/ Sybarite, Power Sword, and Dual Cannon Venom* (Or no Syb/PS)

Fast Attack:
6x 3 Reaver Jetbikes w/Cluster Caltrops

Heavy Support:
4x 3 Vaul's Wrath Support Batteries(Vibro Cannons)
2x 3 Vaul's Wrath Support Batteries(Shadow Weavers)

TOTAL: 1842/1847

*If you're being super-competitive and your local meta will allow it, go with the first build, otherwise, simply drop the sybarites/power swords, and get a basic archon with the parasite's kiss.

How it plays:

Each farseer would take Guide and Prescience automatically, then either take a power rolled when they were taking their primaris', or roll for a third power. Each farseer would be placed in a unit with Vibro cannons, within range of a second vibro-cannon unit. They will ensure that all 4 vibro cannons are guided/prescienced every round. 1 warlock goes with each of the Vaul's wrath support batteries to give them conceal. These batteries form the core of the army. T7 artillery that takes up a fair amount of space(holding own objectives), has good cover/armor saves, and offers a great threat range. You'll want to put the vibro cannons as close to the center of the table as possible, creating the largest zone of control you can muster. These also act as bait.

The windrider jetbikes will start in reserves most of the time and primarily avoid conflict, harassing the enemy with their S6 cannons at any point that it is relatively safe to do so. Aside from that, their main priority will be to stay alive.

The reaver jetbikes will harass the enemy  and move outwards to the flanks, making every attempt to deny LoS and stay in cover. They will jink(3+) any time dangerous shots are fired against them. As long as the enemy continues to chase them, the jetbikes will just run away/avoid and let the artillery beat down on them. If/When the enemy turns it's focus on moving towards the artillery units for CC, this is when the reavers move in from behind the enemy's flanks and attack them in the rear with their rending HoW attacks.

The vibro-cannons serve a dual purpose. First, with prescience/guide, they average out at S9 AP2, and so deal with heavy armor very well. Second, when there aren't particularly juicy vehicle targets for them, they are pinning, and so can majorly slow down the advance of non-vehicle enemies while paving a safe path for reavers to charge their pinned foes.

Early on, the Kabalite warriors are just a token unit taken because of requirements, a tiny bit of dakka, and their ability to unluck a venom. Later in the game, should they survive, they will be a fairly potent, yet unexpected CC unit on the charge, having furious charge and a power weapon. With your opponent focused so hard on taking out the massive T7 artillery field, all the reavers boosting every which way, and your Obsec windriders, it will be very easy for these warriors to be seen as only a minor threat, allowing them to survive long enough to change that.

Comments or suggestions welcome!
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: Dual Eldar CAD / DE Realspace Raiders 1850 Competitive   Dual Eldar CAD / DE Realspace Raiders 1850 Competitive I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20 2014, 01:55

I like D-caanons more than either of the two batteies you chose. Also if going the route of warlocks and farseers you could start daemon summoning ... just saying. And I realy do not see whay you need DE in that list --- you are getting no significant benefis. I you want DE then use an HQ with a WWP and a relentless HQ from Eldar and drop a battery somewhere on the table. Otherwise what do they ad that you cannot get from pure Eldar? Reaver jetbikes are cool - no dopubt - but easily replaced by hawks or spiders or wave serpents ...

Rock.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Dual Eldar CAD / DE Realspace Raiders 1850 Competitive   Dual Eldar CAD / DE Realspace Raiders 1850 Competitive I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20 2014, 03:19

egorey wrote:

Reaver jetbikes are cool - no dopubt - but easily replaced by hawks or spiders or wave serpents ...

I think I'm going to have to disagree here. While certain elements of what they do can be replaced by another unit, they're extremely versatile now, being a threat both against vehicles and against infantry, and able to traverse the entire table in a single turn.

I don't think you can match the versatility of reavers with any single unit in the standard eldar book at a similar pricepoint. The closest you could get would be warlocks with singing spears on jetbikes and they're both more expensive(55 points each compared to 41), and much more limited in the number you can take. Further, I dislike the shorter range on D-cannons. It doesn't have a large enough threat bubble to control the map effectively.

Even if I DID feel like they could be replaced by eldar-only units(which I don't), I'd probably then take DE allies for the cheap assault vehicles. Banshees, scorpions, etc become nasty when they're zooming around in raiders.

Speaking of which, I may go that route for my next list. An actual eldar assault list using DE assault vehicles. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: Dual Eldar CAD / DE Realspace Raiders 1850 Competitive   Dual Eldar CAD / DE Realspace Raiders 1850 Competitive I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20 2014, 14:46

I jsut think that you are not taking advantage of some very sexy combos in that list -

i would be thinking a succubus w/ armour of misery/farseer/spiritseers in a venom --- try for psychic shriek and terrify - very powerful combo. If I'm using warlocks/seers and farseers - well there are lots of nasty things I can do with DE allies - I don't see you taking advantage of any

Rock.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Dual Eldar CAD / DE Realspace Raiders 1850 Competitive   Dual Eldar CAD / DE Realspace Raiders 1850 Competitive I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20 2014, 15:27

egorey wrote:

I jsut think that you are not taking advantage of some very sexy combos in that list -

i would be thinking a succubus w/ armour of misery/farseer/spiritseers in a venom --- try for psychic shriek and terrify - very powerful combo. If I'm using warlocks/seers and farseers - well there are lots of nasty things I can do with DE allies - I don't see you taking advantage of any

Yeah, those are different lists. You know me well enough that you should assume I've tried those, as I have. I personally find the fear/leadership thing more difficult to pull off this edition than last one.

Now, in order to pull it off, you need an HQ with a relic and only have a single 6 inch bubble of -2 leadership. Previously, we could put a -1 leadership bubble on ALL of our vehicles. With that gone, it takes away much of the appeal for lists like that, to me, anyhow. It would make for a one-trick pony, in which people would quickly identify that they need to take out that ONE transport, to stall that ONE unit, and end that ONE threat. If it's a deathstar, and is able to move and survive on it's own merit, even if your opponent throws everything they've got at it for a couple turns, that's one thing. But making the unit you're talking about isn't that. It's vulnerable to being focus targetted, and so, once your opponent realizes what it is, it will likely be entirely uneffective.

That being said, there are other ways that I've experimented with lowering leadership. Taking a small CAD with a character that has the Armor of misery, then a couple/few formations with freakish spectacle(-1 Ld), then also including eldar farseers/spiritseers for psychic shriek sounds nice, but is extremely expensive. By the time you pay for the necessary gimmick units, you don't have enough points left to purchase the stuff you need to actually make an army work, like anti-tank stuff.

I'm not giving up on such lists yet, as I'm a big fan of leadership shenanigans, but I'm still working on coming up with one that I feel is good enough to bother posting here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dual Eldar CAD / DE Realspace Raiders 1850 Competitive   Dual Eldar CAD / DE Realspace Raiders 1850 Competitive I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dual Eldar CAD / DE Realspace Raiders 1850 Competitive
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: