THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What to do with Pain Tokens?

Go down 
+6
Grub
perhow
Devilogical
FoxCDN
The_Burning_Eye
Elzadar
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

What to do with Pain Tokens? Empty
PostSubject: What to do with Pain Tokens?   What to do with Pain Tokens? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20 2014, 14:48

So with the new codex we no longer need to use our pain tokens. So I was wondering, what will you be doing with your pain tokens? Use them as objective markers? As tokens for soultraps? Put them on the shelf together with your Hellions?

The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Pain Tokens?   What to do with Pain Tokens? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20 2014, 14:54

Objective markers seems sensible. they are only a bunch of spears from the raider and venom kits glued into a base after all.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
FoxCDN
Slave
FoxCDN

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Pain Tokens?   What to do with Pain Tokens? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20 2014, 16:31

I've been using mine to remind me if my units have jinked or not.

Join me on:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/DarbysBored
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FireBreathingDuck
Back to top Go down
http://ttps://www.youtube.com/user/DarbysBored
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Pain Tokens?   What to do with Pain Tokens? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20 2014, 18:29

I have lots of them ^_^
So i guess i will use them to mark some stuff (like spirit marks, buffed units etc.) or even use for new PfP rule (i have no idia how by now).

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
perhow
Hellion
perhow

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Pain Tokens?   What to do with Pain Tokens? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21 2014, 23:29

Good question. Mine are made up of bits of bodies from rival factions so don't really look like objectives or jink markers. Maybe I'll them as a pool to show the turn number. . Our secondary objectives. Another modelling project gone to waste in game terms!
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Pain Tokens?   What to do with Pain Tokens? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22 2014, 07:25

That's what I've been using mine for. Keeping track of the effective PfP turn. Not partucularly difficult anyway but I don't want to shelve them!

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Pain Tokens?   What to do with Pain Tokens? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24 2014, 11:52

I'll likely just use one as a combined PfP/Turn tracker. Problem is I didn't make specific tokens per se, but spare bases with green stuff and square holes to fit a dice in, so I could just tick the number up. I'll only ever need one.

Slave
Vorenus

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Pain Tokens?   What to do with Pain Tokens? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26 2014, 12:08

I use my pain tokens exactly as before: to track how many enemy units a squad has wiped out. Sure, there's no rules-based mechanic that requires this, but it's still fun. My squads are all in a competition to see who gets the most kills. Think Legolas and Gimli at Helm's Deep, only with more soul-stealing, agonizing torture, sadomasochism, and cranberries.
Back to top Go down
thedark
Slave
thedark

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Pain Tokens?   What to do with Pain Tokens? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26 2014, 16:49

Really dudes...

Darn the new codex. but seriously games workshop don`t know what they've done with the new codex, made the prizes a little bit cheaper, removed all the fun as pain tokens, and reavers old blade vanes.

So if you can play with the old codex on your club...

Watch the language please. I've edited out the unnecessary swear word - Count Adhemar
Back to top Go down
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Pain Tokens?   What to do with Pain Tokens? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01 2014, 08:18

I found a use for pain tokens! I use it now to take count of how many characters my Archon has killed with a soul trap. Plus to take count of which raiders have jinked and which haven't, because I tend to lose track of that Razz

Last edited by Elzadar on Wed Nov 05 2014, 16:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vorenus
Slave
Vorenus

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Pain Tokens?   What to do with Pain Tokens? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01 2014, 10:03

Good thinking,Elzadar! Hope you don't mind if I borrow your idea.
Back to top Go down
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Pain Tokens?   What to do with Pain Tokens? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03 2014, 15:44

Vorenus wrote:
Good thinking,Elzadar! Hope you don't mind if I borrow your idea.

of course not Wink

Vindicavi
Kabalite Warrior
Vindicavi

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Pain Tokens?   What to do with Pain Tokens? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05 2014, 15:24

I hadn't thought of using them for the soultrap counter, that's a pretty cool idea. I was just going to mark the spot where each of my opponents favourite units/hq die Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Pain Tokens?   What to do with Pain Tokens? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What to do with Pain Tokens?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: