THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement

Go down 
+36
Eldur
mahnshooth
fejjn
Javorra
StokieRich
Elzadar
Marrath
Mngwa
MFive
Tony Spectacular
MurDok
clively
Razorfate
Sei
Idealbroom
barenone
Crazy_Ivan
ShadowcatX
Archon Claus
Caspaar
Bleaksoul Brethren
thesaltedwound
Squidmaster
Grub
shadowseercB
The_Burning_Eye
Yllithian
Tittliewinks22
1++
Count Adhemar
dhrakon
@miral
DingK
Dethdispenser
Dragontree
Gobsmakked
40 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22 2014, 20:45

***Please see page 2 for the finished letter and list of questions to submit to GW, along with the e-mail address for their FAQ team***

We have all had a couple of weeks by now to digest and mull over the new Dark Eldar Codex for 7th edition, and the companion Haemonculus Covens Supplement.  Once again, it is time to start assembling a Dark City FAQ request to submit to GW on behalf of all forum members [ see previous here ]

The first FAQ/Errata for our new codex was released today, with the following contents:

Black Library wrote:
ERRATA
Page 69 - Weapons of Torture
Change the introductory sentence to:
'A model may replace their Melee weapon with one of the following:'

Page 72 - Succubus, Options
Change the first option to:
'May replace close combat weapon or splinter pistol with an archite glaive.'

While this did clear up one issue that generated considerable debate on TDC, the legality of the new Succubus’ weapons loadout, other questions remain.

Please post your questions in this thread and we will maintain a summary here in the OP.

FAQ/Errata questions - Dark Eldar Codex, 7th ed.

Q1 - Does the no scatter rule for the bearer of a WWP and their unit when they are deep striking also include any transport vehicle in which they are embarked?
A - ?

Q2 - Do Splinter Racks affect all splinter weapons in the army, or just the unit inside the vehicle?
A - ?

Q3 - Are you allowed to take the Court of the Archon without an Archon?
A - ?

Q4 - Does a Shadowfield still short out if the wound is negated by Feel No Pain?
A - ?

Q5 - As they are upgrades to Kabalite Warriors and do not have their own Datasheet, do Kabalite Trueborn still count as Kabalite Warriors for the purposes of the Kabalite Raiding Party formation?
A - ?

Q6 - Does the Wyches' dodge save apply only in the fight sub-phase, or in the whole assault phase and thus during overwatch?
A - ?

Q7 - If a model with multiple wounds is killed in a challenge by an instant death effect, such as a strike from a Huskblade, does the bearer of a Soul-trap gain +1S for each wound that the model had?
A - ?

Q8 - If a character model is killed in a challenge by a model equipped with a Soul-trap, and the overspill wounds are applied to character models not involved in the challenge, does the bearer of a Soul-trap gain +1S for each wound inflicted to the character models that were not actively part of the challenge?
A - ?

Q9 - "Only one of each Artifact of Cruelty may be taken per army" (pages 69 & 109).  The Wargear List (page 69) further states "A model may take one of the following [artifacts]:"  Are the relevant Dark Eldar characters limited to one relic each, or one of each of the relics, to a maximum of one per army?
A - ?

FAQ/Errata questions - Haemonculus Covens supplement

Q1 - Is the listed profile for the Orbs of Despair correct at S1 for 25 points?
A - ?

Q2 - Does the -1Ld penalty from Freakish Spectacle stack for multiple detachments with this rule?
A - ?

Q3 - In the Dark Artisans formation, does '1 Talos' and '1 Cronos' mean 1 of each model or one of each unit?
A - ?

FAQ/Errata questions - related Rulebook questions

Q1 - Does Hammer of Wrath hit walkers in the front armour (as per Walker rules), or the armour facing from which the attack originates (as per Hammer of Wrath rules)?
A - ?

Q2 - Does arriving from deep strike count as movement in the movement phase (and therefore does the rule regarding skimmers not being able to end their move over enemy models come into effect during deep strike)?
A - ?

Q3 - If the above is true, does the skimmer still mishap for being placed within 1" of enemy models, or do you take the measurement from the base-hull as described in the rulebook?
A - ?

Q4 - Can you declare tank shock when arriving from deep strike reserve?
A - ?

Q5 - Does a model or unit that begins the game with a single, specific psychic power (eg Eldar Hemlock Wraithfighter) also gain the Primaris power from that discipline via the Psychic Focus rule?
A - ?

Q6 - Can Eldar Jetbikes move 2D6" in the assault phase even if they make a charge move?
A - ?

Q7 - Can you make a bombing run if you are forced to snapfire on that turn, for example if you jinked in the previous player turn?
A - ?

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Mon Jun 05 2017, 18:40; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22 2014, 20:46

Does the WWP no scatter ability confer to the transport of the carrier and unit?

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Dethdispenser
Kabalite Warrior
Dethdispenser

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22 2014, 21:16

Yes. That says under the WWP entry
Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22 2014, 21:19

Do a Vehicles Splinter Racks affect all splinter weapons in the army, not just the unit inside said Vehicle?
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22 2014, 21:29

My question refers to this discussion dethdispenser

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t10440-webway-portal-transporters-and-scatter

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
@miral
Kabalite Warrior
@miral

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22 2014, 22:36

Are you allowed to take the court of the archon without an Archon as mandatory HQ choice?
Back to top Go down
dhrakon
Hellion
dhrakon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22 2014, 22:39

@miral wrote:
Are you allowed to take the court of the archon without an Archon as mandatory HQ choice?
yes, i don't have my codex with me, but the wording in the court is something like

"a list that contains an archon may take a court that does not take up a force org slot."

the court still has its own datasheet in HQ, and no were does it say you have to take a court w/ an archon.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22 2014, 23:10

The question is whether that is intended or not. Same as the issue with splinter racks and WWP scatter. We know what it says, we need GW to confirm if that's what they meant.

1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22 2014, 23:15

Is a model with the Smash special rule that is using a CCW that is AP- still attacking at AP2?

Hellion
dhrakon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22 2014, 23:32

Count Adhemar wrote:
The question is whether that is intended or not. Same as the issue with splinter racks and WWP scatter. We know what it says, we need GW to confirm if that's what they meant.

look at the necron court, and see how they do it. you need an overlord (or model that specifically says they're capable) to take a court
Back to top Go down
Tittliewinks22
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23 2014, 04:02

While not from the codex, this effects our codex in a huge way.  This was also the first 7th edition rulebook FAQ, and it was lackluster.

Does a skimmer arriving by deep strike that lands on friendly/enemy models or impassible terrain have to roll for mishap?
Back to top Go down
Yllithian
Slave
Yllithian

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23 2014, 05:29

Does the Whyches dodge apply to overwatch?
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23 2014, 08:33

Does arriving from deep strike count as movement in the movement phase (and therefore does the rule regarding skimmers not being able to end their move over enemy models come into effect during deep strike)?

If the above is true, does the skimmer still mishap for being placed within 1" of enemy models, or do you take the measurement from the base-hull as described in the rulebook?

Can you declare tank shock when arriving from deep strike reserve?

Does the -1Ld from Freakish Spectacle stack for multiple detachments with this rule?

Can models taking items from the diabolical playthings list take as many as points allow instead of the 1 allowed from the artefacts of cruelty list?

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23 2014, 08:46

1++ wrote:
Is a model with the Smash special rule that is using a CCW that is AP- still attacking at AP2?

Because of the 7th ed. rule book rules, yes it does confer ap2 because it has the smash special rule.

It would be nice to get a confirmation whether occupants in a transport still fire at full ballistic after jink.  I get a lot of complaining how it wouldn't make sense in real life and that is not a RAI and I have to explain how for game balance purposes it actually is RAI and the wording allows it.  People seem to get it but it's annoying still having do go through the explanation for every new opponent.

Last edited by shadowseercB on Thu Oct 23 2014, 08:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23 2014, 09:14

Perhaps not a question but the hellions weapon needs to have two handed removed or they at least need another attack.

A genuine question: Does the shadowfield still short out if you make a FnP save, I.e/no wounds taken technically?

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23 2014, 10:13

Yllithian wrote:
Does the Whyches dodge apply to overwatch?

No. Overwatch happens in the charge sub-phase. Dodge saves only apply in the fight sub-phase.

The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23 2014, 11:28

Does Hammer of Wrath hit walkers in the front armour (due to the walker turning), or the armour facing adjacent to the model?

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23 2014, 11:40

Its worth clarifying whetehr Trueborn truly count as Warriors when taking the Formation.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23 2014, 12:36

Is the Kabalite Stormsurge formation Apocalypse only?

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
Yllithian
Slave
Yllithian

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23 2014, 12:48

Yeah, allready knew the answer actually to the dodge .. I just want it changed so badly. Only through that simple rule change would make them viable again, and unique in the de list as crazed gladitorial combatants weighing risk against reward and still being able to make it. As opposed to now when we all know it's Pink mist festival when they charge a decent opponent.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23 2014, 18:30

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Is the Kabalite Stormsurge formation Apocalypse only?

Yes.  It was released for the book "Apocalypse War Zone: Valedor"
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/05/gw-weekly-releases-xenospalooza.html

There was debate on Dakka about this at one point, too:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/599275.page

Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement 6a941be553c6cf91f43b2685f7983d76_60

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26 2014, 21:10

I think we need to add Betraytheworld's dark artisan question to this, namely:

In the dark artisan formation, does "1 talos, 1 chronos" refer to units or models?

Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20 2014, 02:49

If everyone emailed this list to GW I'm sure we'd see some answers sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20 2014, 09:30

thesaltedwound wrote:
I think we need to add Betraytheworld's dark artisan question to this, namely:

In the dark artisan formation, does "1 talos, 1 chronos" refer to units or models?

It's already in there.

Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02 2014, 07:37

I just added in Q9:

"Only one of each Artifact of Cruelty may be taken per army" (pages 69 & 109). The Wargear List (page 69) further states "A model may take one of the following [artifacts]:" Are the relevant Dark Eldar characters limited to one relic each, or one of each of the relics, to a maximum of one per army?
A - ?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement   Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar FAQ Questions - 7th edition Codex and Haemonculus Covens supplement
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: