THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1200pts vs Vanilla Marines

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
J Mc
Slave
J Mc

1200pts vs Vanilla Marines Empty
PostSubject: 1200pts vs Vanilla Marines   1200pts vs Vanilla Marines I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22 2011, 09:03

Ok so I had a small game vs one of the young lads from our local club on Saturday. He's still learning 40K and had never seen the Dark Eldar in action before so I took a mixed list to show him a few different units.

HQ
Archon - Huskblade, Soul Trap, Combat Drugs, Shadow Field, PGL - 170
Hamonculus - Liquifier Gun, Shattershard - 75

ELITES
4 Incubi - Venom with extra SC - 153

TROOPS
5 Warriors - Blaster, in Venom with extra SC - 125
5 Warriors - Blaster in Venom with extra SC - 125
9 Wyches - Hekatrix with Agoniser, Haywire Grenades in Raider - 198

FAST ATTACK
3 Reavers - Heat Lance - 78

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager - Flickerfield - 115
Razorwing - Flickerfield - 155

His list (not exact)

Captain with Power weapon
5 Scouts with Missile Launcher
10 man Tactical squad with Multimelta, Plasma gun, Powerfist
10 man Tactical with Heavy bolter, Plasma gun, Powerfist in Rhino
5 man Assault squad with Powerfist in Rhino
5 man Assault squad with Powerfist (Jump packs)
Land Speeder with Typhoon Launcher
Dreadnought with Multimelta

I held the Reavers and Razorwing in reserve. He did the same with his Land Speeder and Dreadnought

This was just a friendly game, on a small table though but with a decent amount of scenery. We were playing Kill Points (I knew it would be an uphill battle at this point)

A 1 was rolled for Combat Drugs (this was the first sign of things to come).

I took the first turn and advanced into cover whilst lining up shots on his transports, failing to do anything to them with the Ravager. The Wyches Raider, along with 2 Warrior Venoms advanced on the left flank with the Incubi and another Warrior Venom on the right (it was a narrow table so I was merely negotiating a large piece of central terrain)

In his turn he advanced with transports down my right flank, stunning my Incubi Venom with the Rhino's stormbolter. His missile scout and multimelta failed to do anything.

My turn 2, the Wyches disembarked and sprinted towards his Tactical squad in the open. The Haemonculus stayed in the Raider which moved forward 6 inches and then used the shattershard on his 5 man assault squad killing 1, followed by the liquifier gun killing another. My Incubi Venom was still stunned so the remaining 2 Venoms got into shooting positions hoping for a Rhino to pop. The Ravager didn't fail me and wrecked one Rhino putting the 10 man squad on their feet. They hid behind the wrecked vehicle. My Warrior Venom shot at the Scouts killing all apart from the Scout Sergeant. The Wyches assaulted the 10 man Tactical Squad and killed 3 marines. He killed two Wyches in return (my saves were abysmal) but then failed his LD test and ran. Now I needed to beat his Initiative roll so that they engaged again and failed (rolled a 1 again) so the Wyches were stranded in the open...

In his turn 2 the mobile Rhino carried on down my right flank and he disembarked the Assault squad. The Tactical Squad who had broken from combat fired at the Wyches leaving the Hekatrix and 2 Wyches alive. The remaining 3 Assault Marines then charged the Wyches, suffering 2 losses from the Hekatrix but killing all of them in return (3 Powerfist attacks, 3 hits, 3 wounds, failed 3 invul saves). His Assault marine then consolidated towards the Raider.

My turn 3 the Incubi and Archon disembarked and charged the 10 man squad hiding by the Rhino. The Razorwing had come in and moved down my left flank. I moved my Raider backwards on my left flank to get further from the Assault marine. Venom shooting took down the remaining Scout and all 5 of the disembarked Assault squad. The Ravager fired at the Rhino but failed to penetrate the armour. The Razorwing launched 4 Monoscythes at the Tactical squad that had obliterated the Wyches and killed 2 (again, appalling dice). The Archon and Incubi killed only 3 marines in combat (the Archon failing to wound at all) and lost 4 Incubi in return! At this point I had no idea what was going on with my dice rolling!

His turn 3 and the Land Speeder shows up only to promptly take down my Raider with Krak missiles. The Haemonculus disembarked only to be charged, and floored by the lone Assault Sergeant. The Rhino rammed a Venom, hitting it but failing to cause damage (I failed my dodge of course). In the Archon/Tactical squad combat, the Archon again failed to wound, then took 3 wounds in return from the normal marines, failing his Shadow Field save on the 3rd roll. The powerfist Sergeant then stepped up and ripped his face off.

My turn 4 and the Reavers come in, boosting towards the land speeder. The Ravager took out the Rhino whilst the Venoms started peppering the remaining two tactical squads, but not killing many (dice, again). The Razorwing destroyed the Land Speeder with Lance fire. The lone assault marine went down to a blaster shot.

His turn 4 and he moved a few guys around and fired a lot of bolters at my warrior Venoms, immobilising one. He also cut down the Reavers in one volley (failed cover saves, of course).His Dreadnought arrived but failed to do anything.

My turn 5 and I killed another few Tactical Marines but failed to polish off either squad (3 and 2 left). The Razorwing fired lances at the Dreadnought and destroyed it's multimelta.

His turn 5 and he moved his Dreadnought forwards with the remaining marines (I had a Razowing, Ravager, 2 Warrior squads, 2 Venoms fully operational still). He rolled for another turn and the game ended with me losing on Kill Points.

It was a short, fun game apart from the appalling dice rolling. I was really looking forward to carving up tactical marines with power weapons, couldn't believe the result.

Anyway, hopefully the dice will be nicer to me next time (these are new, poison coloured dice specifically for my DE too!)
Back to top Go down
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

1200pts vs Vanilla Marines Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1200pts vs Vanilla Marines   1200pts vs Vanilla Marines I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2011, 11:14

Good read, bad dice... sh hapends.
Back to top Go down

1200pts vs Vanilla Marines
Page 1 of 1