THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

jinking vehicle and people on board

Go down 
+5
MyNameDidntFit
Thor665
Lord Puberis
Count Adhemar
SOlyer
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SOlyer
Hellion

jinking vehicle and people on board Empty
PostSubject: jinking vehicle and people on board   jinking vehicle and people on board I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24 2014, 22:59

If i jink my raider, can the warriors still fire as normal or are they also forced to snapfire?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: jinking vehicle and people on board   jinking vehicle and people on board I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25 2014, 00:03

They fire as normal.
Back to top Go down
Lord Puberis
Hellion
Lord Puberis

PostSubject: Re: jinking vehicle and people on board   jinking vehicle and people on board I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14 2014, 23:10

I'm sorry to re bring this up, but is there a rule book page reference for this as it's a contentious issue within our group!
Thank you

Jk
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: jinking vehicle and people on board   jinking vehicle and people on board I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14 2014, 23:26

It's hard to provide a reference for something that isn't there. You should ask your group to explain how they think the jink rule works on passengers when the rules don't say that it does?

Quote :
Jink
When a unit with any models with the Jink special rule is selected as a target for a shooting attack, you may declare that it will Jink. The decision must be made before any To Hit rolls have been made. If the unit Jinks, all models in the unit with this special rule gain a 4+ cover save until the start of their next Movement phase, but they can only fire Snap Shots until the end of their next turn.

The vehicle is the unit that is jinking, not the passengers.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: jinking vehicle and people on board   jinking vehicle and people on board I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15 2014, 00:22

There is also no rule indicating passengers and vehicle = 1 unit.
There used to be, but now no longer does that rule exist.

Therefore they are two separate units.
Back to top Go down
MyNameDidntFit
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: jinking vehicle and people on board   jinking vehicle and people on board I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15 2014, 01:24

Even if they were one unit it is MODELS with the Jink rule that gain Cover and must fire Snap Shots.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: jinking vehicle and people on board   jinking vehicle and people on board I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15 2014, 12:57

If they do argue the point, throw this counter at them:
"If they are one unit, and Jink does affect the passengers, do the passengers therefore benefit from a Flickerfield (against No Escape obviously)?"
That's the one I used to clamp down on arguments, and it seemed to work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: jinking vehicle and people on board   jinking vehicle and people on board I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15 2014, 13:15

And also how are they worth more than 1 vp in purge missions if they're not separate units
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: jinking vehicle and people on board   jinking vehicle and people on board I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17 2014, 05:27

The only argument is the comma placement (I know a nitpick grammar thing). Getting rid of the part in between the 2 commas the sentence reads like so;

If the unit Jinks they can only fire Snap Shots until the end of their next turn.

This implies that even if someone doesn't have the jink special rule in a squad that jinked they still have to snap fire and don't get the 4+ cover save.

Back to top Go down
Dra'al Nacht
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: jinking vehicle and people on board   jinking vehicle and people on board I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17 2014, 06:13

Bleaksoul Brethren wrote:
The only argument is the comma placement (I know a nitpick grammar thing). Getting rid of the part in between the 2 commas the sentence reads like so;

If the unit Jinks they can only fire Snap Shots until the end of their next turn.

This implies that even if someone doesn't have the jink special rule in a squad that jinked they still have to snap fire and don't get the 4+ cover save.

Still not a valid argument however, regardless of how grammatically nitpicky you want to be.

The vehicle and the embarked unit are still separate units.
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: jinking vehicle and people on board   jinking vehicle and people on board I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17 2014, 06:55

I agree just be prepared for that argument to be put up by the opposition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: jinking vehicle and people on board   jinking vehicle and people on board I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

jinking vehicle and people on board
Page 1 of 1