THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Shadow Spectres - Exarch power

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
aurynn
Incubi

Shadow Spectres - Exarch power Empty
PostSubject: Shadow Spectres - Exarch power   Shadow Spectres - Exarch power I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26 2014, 20:29

Shadow Spectres exarch has the following rule as an option:

Shadow of Death
All enemy units within 12" of a Shadow Spectres squad that includes an Exarch with this special rule, roll an extra D6 when making Leadership tests and Morale checks, using the two highest rolls to resolve the test. Models with the Fearless special rule are immune to this effect.

The moment I read it I thought OMFG! Torment Launchers, Archangel are LD tests!!! With Armour of Misery...

EDIT: Well now I realized that CWE and DE are mech armies - thus Fearless while on transporters, Orks have Fearless, Necrons have Fearless, CHSM, Daemons, Nids - all fearless. SM have ATSKNF... well it seems that our "terror weapons" are just useless against almost anything. As for Tau, they need to get into RF range... not a win either...
Back to top Go down
MyNameDidntFit
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Spectres - Exarch power   Shadow Spectres - Exarch power I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 11:06

aurynn wrote:
Daemons [..] - all fearless

Not quite true. Daemons 'automatically pass' a specific set of tests that does not qualify them to be Fearless, nor does it include 'Leadership test'.

Unless I've read this wrong?

/Edit: So I checked my books to confirm a few things:

Orks: Not Fearless. Mob Rule confers nothing of the sort.
Necrons: Virtually no Fearless.
Chaos Space Marines: Fearless throughout the book, but not at all covering the army.
Chaos Daemons: Automatically pass Fear, Pinning & Morale tests. Our weapons work as advertised.

Last edited by MyNameDidntFit on Mon Oct 27 2014, 11:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Spectres - Exarch power   Shadow Spectres - Exarch power I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 11:16

Maybe. Truthfully I dont know the dex well. But even this single thing won't change that it prolly is highly situational. :-)
Back to top Go down
MyNameDidntFit
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Spectres - Exarch power   Shadow Spectres - Exarch power I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 11:25

Updated my last post. We're looking at being 'effective' vs:

Tau, Orks, Necrons, Chaos Daemons, CSM and Imperial Guard.

Eldar are open season if you pop a transport.

Against opposing Dark Eldar you have 4 turns to open transports and make use of this before Fearless comes into play (not counting Animus Vitae, Haemis, Urien, etc).

So effectively 7 (counting Eldar + Dark Eldar as .5 and .5) armies are going to be effected by our 'terror' weapons. Might be useful. Check your meta.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Spectres - Exarch power   Shadow Spectres - Exarch power I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 14:35

Gotta weigh in the effect here
from what I remember, SS are kinda subpar in point efficiency (if they are not, please tell me, I've been dying to order a unit, gorgeous models)

For those of you who dont know the underlying math, the 2 dice average goes from 7 to approximately 8.4583

Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Spectres - Exarch power   Shadow Spectres - Exarch power I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 14:45

Well you need to consider the possible Armour of Misery bubble. Possible Terrify from Hemlock or Psyker, Mindshock Pods from Hemlock... the synergy is great! But staying alive would be a problem for them IMHO. This would need to be played extremely well, but can be very, very devastating if you combine Archangel, Torment Launchers and Shriek... tricky to pull though...
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Spectres - Exarch power   Shadow Spectres - Exarch power I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 15:45

Don't forget also that the soulfright option works on a model by model basis, so any Tyranid models not in synapse range can also be affected (the models within synapse range gain the fearless rule, and therefore the unit passes Fear, Pinning, Regroup and Morale tests but the unit does not gain the fearless rule as a whole)

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Spectres - Exarch power   Shadow Spectres - Exarch power I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shadow Spectres - Exarch power
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: