THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Reaver Jetbike Entry

Go down 
+4
Grimcrimm
lessthanjeff
aurynn
Nymraif
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Nymraif
Slave
Nymraif

Reaver Jetbike Entry Empty
PostSubject: Reaver Jetbike Entry   Reaver Jetbike Entry I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 17:46

Now, I don't want to become that conspiracy theorist guy here, but I've noticed something peculiar about the description of the reaver jetbike (in the arcane wargear section, pg 107 in the hardcopy)

Codex: Dark Eldar wrote:
"Models on Reaver jetbikes have the Eldar Jetbike unit type, and have their Armour Save increased to 5+ if it is normally lower."

What strikes me as odd here is the part I bolded, "if it [the model's armour save] is normally lower". Why would this even be mentioned, as the only models that can take reaver jetbikes are solely reavers? Not even arena champions can be upgraded to kabalite or ghostplate armour. So this leads me to believe that other models, likely independent characters, could take reaver jetbikes at some point in this new codex's development life, and they just missed removing that bit of text.

That's pretty much it, not a whole lot we can do with this information, just find it interesting, and possibly hopeful for the wych supplement (whenever that comes) to have IC's who can take jetbikes, or at least a character upon one.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Jetbike Entry   Reaver Jetbike Entry I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 17:50

Lower than 5+ means 6+ or nothing. Thats why it says they have their Armour Save increased to 5+. As Reavers are Wyches with 6+ armour, the description is absolutely fine.
Back to top Go down
lessthanjeff
Sybarite
lessthanjeff

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Jetbike Entry   Reaver Jetbike Entry I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 20:35

I don't think that's what he's saying. I believe he's referring to the fact that they make that specification as if there was an option for other models to get access to them. If the only models that could ever get reaver jetbikes were the reavers themselves, then they could just show the 5+ armor save on their profile and be done with it.

I am also hoping that future, potential kabalite or wych supplements will add more wargear options like jetbikes as well as some formations akin to the ones in the coven book. I'd love to see some fun rules for venoms, ravagers, scourges, and jetfighters.
Back to top Go down
Nymraif
Slave
Nymraif

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Jetbike Entry   Reaver Jetbike Entry I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 21:35

<Jeff, you've got the right idea. It was just a curious addition of unnecessary wording, leading me to speculate that at one point reaver jetbikes were available to characters, characters who may have better than a 5+ save, therefore that extra phrase in the jetbike description.

Nothing really useful with this info, just found it interesting. My bet is that jetbikes were available to archons, succubi, maybe even haemonculi, and once GW decided not to put rules in for things without models, they yanked it.

Can you imagine a haemonculus on a jetbike, or if for some reason we got wracks on jetbike? T5 jetbikers wouldn't be so bad, but I guess, with drugs we can do that already. Anyway, I'm going off-topic here.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Jetbike Entry   Reaver Jetbike Entry I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 22:17

Okay. I get what you mean, but couldnt the same be said about skyboard or any other wargear?
Back to top Go down
Grimcrimm
Kabalite Warrior
Grimcrimm

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Jetbike Entry   Reaver Jetbike Entry I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 23:08

aurynn wrote:
Okay. I get what you mean, but couldnt the same be said about skyboard or any other wargear?

Actually with the removal of baron this would make sense. who needs a better armor save than the succubus. And if the reavers are related to wyches (which they are) at the very least the succubus could learn to ride a bike, and id like to see an archon on a green goblin flyer.
Back to top Go down
Izathel
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Jetbike Entry   Reaver Jetbike Entry I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28 2014, 00:49

I have a feeling that a Wych Cult supplement may get released or maybe just IC dataslates and they want to future-proof the Codex.
Back to top Go down
DEfan
Sybarite
DEfan

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Jetbike Entry   Reaver Jetbike Entry I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28 2014, 07:28

How many other armies have HQs that can't ride a bike, sling on a jumppack/jetpack or grow wings? Missed opportunity here GW!

Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Jetbike Entry   Reaver Jetbike Entry I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28 2014, 08:38

But how many others can take a personal transport...

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
DEfan
Sybarite
DEfan

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Jetbike Entry   Reaver Jetbike Entry I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29 2014, 06:09

Touche. Crons, maybe? The personal transport argument doesn't really matter because an HQ is typically an IC and can ride any dedicated transport anyway. I want a bike like all the other guys. How many souls does an archon have to flay around here? Sheesh!

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Jetbike Entry   Reaver Jetbike Entry I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29 2014, 14:40

Daemons and Space Wolves also have the personal transport option.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Jetbike Entry   Reaver Jetbike Entry I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reaver Jetbike Entry
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-