THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

A Polite Request to GW

Go down 
+2
Squidmaster
Norrin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Norrin
Hellion
Norrin

A Polite Request to GW Empty
PostSubject: A Polite Request to GW   A Polite Request to GW I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29 2014, 03:56

I am sure everyone has had times when they thought 'gosh... why is it that this particular Tau/Edar combo seems to be winning all the tournaments?'
It is a game we play for fun, for the story, for the models.  But it is still a game, and a game that has been around as long as 40K (and FB) has had a chance to learn and improve, become better and more balanced.
Refocus

Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: A Polite Request to GW   A Polite Request to GW I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29 2014, 18:55

Oh for the love of.......

ONLINE PETITIONS DO NOT WORK, especially when sent to private companies who really have no reason to look at it, pay any attantion to it, and can just throw on the pile of similar petitions they;ve had over the years from people who STILL GIVE THEM THEIR MONEY.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Norrin
Hellion
Norrin

PostSubject: Re: A Polite Request to GW   A Polite Request to GW I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29 2014, 18:59

Does it hurt? No? OK then. Carry on.

Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: A Polite Request to GW   A Polite Request to GW I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29 2014, 19:00

Pretty sure I just got spattered by blood from the exploding vein on Squids head Laughing

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: A Polite Request to GW   A Polite Request to GW I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29 2014, 20:29

Srsly? I dont recall one particular list winning anything even close to majority of tournaments...

And I would be willing to bet that a BIIIIG change is coming in a year or two. And all that is happening now might just start making sense...

EDIT: and dont get me started on model prices... I see ppl buying FW stuff and then crying that something from GW is expensive...
Back to top Go down
Demantiae
Sybarite
Demantiae

PostSubject: Re: A Polite Request to GW   A Polite Request to GW I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30 2015, 14:54

aurynn wrote:
EDIT: and dont get me started on model prices... I see ppl buying FW stuff and then crying that something from GW is expensive...

I'd love to see the figures for how many units Forge World shifts, what their stock sizes are. I bet they sell considerably less than GW does, considerably less than most model manufacturers I bet. forge World should be compared to those kickstarter companies you see that produce gorgeous mini's in limited quantity and on a one production run basis. They're the very high end of the mini's market, a market inhabited by collectors who really enjoy the models (probably more so than actually gaming with them) and have the cash to burn on ultra-premium products. You can't compare FW prices to GW because they're entirely different markets.

GW is for everyday play models and their prices are simply too high. GW is constantly struggling to maintain it's size and position in the marketplace, it hasn't felt true growth for years. In fact it's struggled a lot and had to downsize massively to stay competitive. Meanwhile it's rivals grow constantly. So there's no shortfall of money in the tabletop gaming industry (Warmachine, X-wing and many other games are a testament to that) but GW is left scratching it's head as to why it can't grow. Because their prices are too high.

Their lack of player appreciation/inclusion is another big problem they have. I gave up on GW as a company when they started to get stupid with their price rises in the early 2000's. The company changed. I walked away from the game not long after (dissatisfaction had some part in that but so did many other larger factors). But since then I've dipped in and out keeping my eye on things (and recently attempting to revive the hobby) but in probably 15 years I've not bought a single model from GW directly. I've barely bought from indie retailers (and only then when I can get the absolute max discounts). Much of my collection is bought off players giving up on the game and selling their collections on Ebay. This is a problem for GW. Because I can still play their gaming products but I'm not giving them cash directly. And it's hurting them. I've bought a couple IPad army books for fantasy and will buy my codexes there when it comes time to play at the table but that's about it. I'll get my models second hand when I need them. But I've been looking hard at Malifaux in the last years or so. The difference is I'd have no problems buying new and straight from the source. I don't feel Wyrd are exploiting their customers, alienating them and telling them to STFU and buy their miniatures. I haven't personally bought into the whole knock-ff recast thing but I can see why so many have.

In short GW would sell far more models if they lowered the price and started treating their customers like the valuable resource they are. They'd undermine the black market that's hurting them and they'd claw back some the market presence they lost to other games. And importantly they'd retain players and cut down on the levels of second hand models available on Ebay, increasing sales yet further. GW's woes are all their own making and the longer they refuse to listen to their customers the more those customers will just drift away and/or feed the black/grey markets that thrive under GW's short-sighted policies.

For all GW's rhetoric if the game wasn't paramount then the likes of Chapterhouse would never have arisen. If it was only about models the Chinese recasters wouldn't exist. For players it's about the game and having nice models to game with. It's not about having nice models that you might game with.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: A Polite Request to GW   A Polite Request to GW I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30 2015, 15:38

To be fair, FW is in some cases cheaper than GW equivalent for me here in OZ!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Polite Request to GW   A Polite Request to GW I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Polite Request to GW
Page 1 of 1