THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 pts, DE/E non-spam, aiming against tough lists

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
aurynn
Incubi

2000 pts, DE/E non-spam, aiming against tough lists Empty
PostSubject: 2000 pts, DE/E non-spam, aiming against tough lists   2000 pts, DE/E non-spam, aiming against tough lists I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29 2014, 13:00

Hello everyone,

so I finally had to capitulate and accept the truth that from certain level of competitive lists, DE have a hard time staying on top. Therefore I started to devise a list that would use a CWE allied detachment and that would still be in concert with our style of play, while keeping in no-spam area and no-serpents or WKs area. As I dont like the obvious choices.

So this is what I will be aiming to build in near future for games against all sorts of ugliness. The only glaring weakness IMHO will be the IK formation... Even a single IK would pose a problem. But I shall cross this bridge when I come to it. So here it is:

DE CAD (or RsR) still undecided
HQ - Archon, Agoni, SF, WWP, Armour of Misery (goes with Wraith Guard in reserve)
TROOPS - 2x5 Warriors in Venom with 2xSC
ELITE - 2x5 Trueborn w. 2x DL, Raider w. DL (Jink and crew fires on full BS)
FAST ATTACK - 6x Reavers, 2x CC
- 2x Raider w. Torment Launcher (Cover, Transport and TL to go with AoMisery)
HEAVY SUPPORT - 2x Ravager, 3x DL

CWE Allied Detachment
HQ - Farseer, bike, Singing Spear, Spirit Stone (goes with Shining Spears)
NO SLOT - Warlock, bike, Singing Spear (goes with Windriders)
TROOPS - 6x Windriders, 2x SC
ELITE - 5x Wraithguard w. Cannons
FAST ATTACK - 4x Shining Spears + Exarch w. HnR, Monster Hunter
HEAVY SUPPORT - Nightspinner with. Crystal Targeting Matrix

Well I think the roles are pretty obvious. I would mostly start with Ravagers, Raiders, Nightspinner and Trueborn on the board. Rest of the forces will be deployed or reserved based on what I am facing. The units chosen are extremely flexible in this regard and I think i will be able to adapt to any deployment or INI result.

I have 3 fast relic carriers. 20KP. 3xHS. 4xFA. I have Psychic Support (with Shriek to go with AoMisery and possible Invisibility). I have means to deal with MEQ, TEQ, MC, GEQ, Hordes, Mech. Reasonable amount of Poison, mid-str, high-str shooting. And means to dictate the flow of battle. I even have replacement transports.

Some of the units I chose, were according to what I like and not the best or obvious choices - SS, Reavers, WG, Nightspinner, etc.

I would welcome any critique and comments. And of course suggestions on how to make it work better. It will be some time before I get the money to buy all that and given that I will be buying the CWE bikes from Ghost Miniatures, it will take even longer to field. But it was fun devising and by doing this in advance I am hoping to refine my "shopping list" when I am ready to buy.
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts, DE/E non-spam, aiming against tough lists   2000 pts, DE/E non-spam, aiming against tough lists I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2014, 15:09

5 Warriors with 2 Scatter Lasers?

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts, DE/E non-spam, aiming against tough lists   2000 pts, DE/E non-spam, aiming against tough lists I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31 2014, 16:33

What? where? I have Warriors in Venom with Splinter Cannons...
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts, DE/E non-spam, aiming against tough lists   2000 pts, DE/E non-spam, aiming against tough lists I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31 2014, 18:03

I would take those 2 scatter lasers any day

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts, DE/E non-spam, aiming against tough lists   2000 pts, DE/E non-spam, aiming against tough lists I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01 2014, 07:17

Either it is a joke, or I am not getting it I am afraid. :-) Where do I get Warriors with Scatter Lasers?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts, DE/E non-spam, aiming against tough lists   2000 pts, DE/E non-spam, aiming against tough lists I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 pts, DE/E non-spam, aiming against tough lists
Page 1 of 1