THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Jetbikes assault move

Go down 
+7
The_Burning_Eye
Klaivex Charondyr
Laughingcarp
merse24
Anterzhul
Thor665
goofydk
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

Jetbikes assault move - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jetbikes assault move   Jetbikes assault move - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2014, 22:46

Quote :
Also, even if you think it does - it can only matter if the IC is going at the same init step *and* has to move - if either of those aren't fulfilled then even if you think a pile in counts as charging then it still wouldn't effect the ability to pile in units out of coherency.

I dont argue the ability to pile-in.
I argue the sucess of the whole charge as you dont meet one for the mandatory requirements (coherency) listed in the charge move.
And if there is no sucessful charge, there is no pile-in
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Jetbikes assault move   Jetbikes assault move - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31 2014, 02:51

The only thing required for a successful charge is for the initial charger to get into base to base contact. The rest of it is just the charging steps for subsequent models, and has no bearing on the success of the charge.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Jetbikes assault move   Jetbikes assault move - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31 2014, 03:44

Exactly - you only need to be in coherency with a 'model that has already moved'.
The first model to move has no such issue.

Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Jetbikes assault move   Jetbikes assault move - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31 2014, 14:17

Although, I do agree that it's still sloppy writing. It just means that if/when that happens, you cannot move the models until their pile in moves.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Jetbikes assault move   Jetbikes assault move - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31 2014, 15:53

Though I would also point out that it's a pretty unique situation that makes it happen. Quite a few factors need to all happen to even make it a thing.

Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Jetbikes assault move   Jetbikes assault move - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31 2014, 16:42

Sure. It's sort of like how in 6th edition, you could cause other models initiatives to get skipped if you could arrange a situation where on a single initiative that wasn't skipped, no allied and enemy models could reach base to base contact by piling in, thereby ending the combat.

You can still do something similar, but it's a much more specific scenario: With something like reavers that have a pretty heavy initial attack(HoW), you can charge a gunline from it's side. If you kill enough models on your HoW round to create more than a 6" gap between your models and the enemy, then the combat ends and you calculate assault results without the opponent getting to hit back. If they don't fall back, then you'd perform the end of combat pile-in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jetbikes assault move   Jetbikes assault move - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jetbikes assault move
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: