THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
HateCrewCoven
Slave
HateCrewCoven

Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh Empty
PostSubject: Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh   Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2014, 01:53

This is my first post ever as I'm getting back into the game and haven't played or painted since 3rd edition. Also looking to repaint my entire DE army and have finally decided on a theme! I'm going to try and shoot for a Mad Max, post apocalyptic, junky, grungy, and somewhat piratical look. I'm decent with painting and converting models but have somewhat lost my creative touch and can't settle on a scheme or brainstorm any shnazzy conversions. All my models are old school DE, with lots of Raiders, Scourges, Kabalite Warriors, a few Incubi, and a couple Ravagers. I'm eventually going to get into the Covens, and can't wait to get my hands on some Grotesque and Wracks, but till then, I need ideas fellow Archons! Help help help! Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh   Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2014, 15:04

Well grungy works for Dark Eldar as well as does sleek.

Agrax Earthshade everything! That stuff is amazing. Makes an average painter look like a pro and nothing does "grungy" better than some of that wash.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh   Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2014, 15:10

Unorthodoxy wrote:
Well grungy works for Dark Eldar as well as does sleek.

Agrax Earthshade everything!  That stuff is amazing.  Makes an average painter look like a pro and nothing does "grungy" better than some of that wash.

Agrax = My favourite GW product.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh   Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2014, 15:38

Nothing like the old school Devlan mud though Smile that stuff was the bees knees.

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh   Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2014, 16:33

Agrax Earthshade IS Devlan Mud

HateCrewCoven
Slave
HateCrewCoven

PostSubject: Re: Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh   Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2014, 17:08

Awesome guys! I'll definitely be picking up some today. Are there any other colors you might suggest. I'm also new to the new Gamesworkshop paint line. Sadly my paints haven't survived their hibernation as well as my warriors, except for a Tentacle Pink and Midnight Blue (how convenient) so looks like I'll be collecting some new paints. I picked up Oil, Rust, Tallarn Sand, Eldar Flesh, and one darker brown to get started. Which step would you suggest using Agrax Earth on? Any ideas on a scheme? Thanks for the help fellow Archons!
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh   Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2014, 18:49

Vallejo paints are the shizl fro normal painting jobs, especially their Model Air line.

However, if you want an army done a LOT faster: Army Painter has their line of WarPainter paints. Here's the B.A. thing about them: the Primer is a combination Primer and base coat! So you can literally spray the entire army with its base coat color at one time AND...heres the kicker... they make EXACT DUPLICATES of that paint in the bottle form so you can touch it up 100% EXACTLY the right color!

This makes painting an army fast. Entire basecoat goes down. Painters tape to make cool patterns on the tanks or whatever. Spray it all down with the overcolor. BAYAM. Instant camo. Then just detail it at leisure and then wash it all.

Army Painter for the win. LOVE that they make the EXACT color matches so you can mass paint like that.

HateCrewCoven
Slave
HateCrewCoven

PostSubject: Re: Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh   Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2014, 22:56

That's REALLY awesome! I'll check into that also! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh   Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31 2014, 06:53

check em out right quick.

HateCrewCoven
Slave
HateCrewCoven

PostSubject: Re: Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh   Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31 2014, 07:07

The Desert Yellow and the quick shade caught my attention. Seemed like I could pull off this theme with a deserty look and still keep the grungy dark look with the quick shade and/or Agrax Earthshade from GW. Any thoughts or other suggestions? I will happily take any advice or ideas you have to offer!
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh   Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01 2014, 19:13

No that sounds about right to me. If you were on my facebook you could see what I did with it. I need to get better about putting pics where people can actually see them. Lol.

HateCrewCoven
Slave
HateCrewCoven

PostSubject: Re: Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh   Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05 2014, 01:58

Id like to see them before I purchase, just to see how they turned out. Add me, facebook.com/rydera
Back to top Go down
HateCrewCoven
Slave
HateCrewCoven

PostSubject: Re: Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh   Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05 2014, 04:33

My main issue is figuring out what to do about the old school Kabilite Warriors paint wise. Suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh   Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mad Max: Beyond Commorragh
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: