THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Assault-heavy list w/ CWE allies - "Wrath of Ly'khal"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ly'khal the Exiled
Hellion
Ly'khal the Exiled

1850 Assault-heavy list w/ CWE allies - "Wrath of Ly'khal" Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Assault-heavy list w/ CWE allies - "Wrath of Ly'khal"   1850 Assault-heavy list w/ CWE allies - "Wrath of Ly'khal" I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2014, 15:59

Greetings!

I've played a couple of games with the new 'dex and been quite happy in the results. I was participating a tournament the other weekend and really saw for the first time how the "daemon beast-star" worked, and worked in a rather deadly effect in the hands of this obviously very talented player. Inspired from his tactics I combined something with similiar elements and gathered a list that looks like this (note that it's battle-forged list combining realspace raiders -detatchment and an allied -detachment):

Primary Detatchment - Dark Eldar:

HQ

Succubus - Archite glaive, armour of misery.

TROOPS

4x5 Kabalite Warriors - Blaster.
4x Venom - 2x splinter cannon.

ELITES

3 Grotesques.
Raider - Disintegrator cannon, aethersails, night shields.

FAST ATTACK

2x6 Reavers - 2x blasters, 2x cluster caltrops.

2x Beast Packs - 2x Beastmasters, 10x Khymerae.

Allied Detachment - Eldar:

HQ

Farseer - Singing spear, jetbike, runes of witnessing, mantle of the laughing god.

TROOPS

2x5 Dire Avengers
2x Wave Serpent - Scatter laser.

Totally 1847 points

As you see it's a quite aggressive list, combining several, fast assault-based units and some mid-long range fire support units that can keep up with the army.

So Succubus is going to baby-sit the Grots and bully around, striking last of the three assault groups. Their main objective is to bring down the heaviest opponents. Other fore-mentioned assault groups are the both beast packs, tailed & buffed by the Farseer. Their job is to rush through the terrain and circle their foe using their large foot print. Lastly we have the Reavers who crush the enemy armour, assault enemy's flank and then spread (hit&run+dissordered assault).

Serpents clean any ruins from enemy fire support units and act as my main AA (I've seen them work wonders in that area of expertise).

Venoms and Kabalites baby-sit the home base and provide aupport against pretty much anything on the ground (AT with blasters, "soft targets" with venoms' cannons).

That's about it! Any C&C is more than welcome! I'll post a battle report or two when I'll get to test this out!
Back to top Go down
Ly'khal the Exiled
Hellion
Ly'khal the Exiled

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Assault-heavy list w/ CWE allies - "Wrath of Ly'khal"   1850 Assault-heavy list w/ CWE allies - "Wrath of Ly'khal" I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01 2014, 22:00

Anyone had any experience with Farseer using malefic powers? I thought the cursed earth for example would boost the Khymerae and I was planning my Kabal's fluff, which definetely goes with the idea of an cast-out eldar witch connected to daemons (not chaos kind but something even more ancient, still need to tinker it abit before I'll say more). Lets just say that my Archon thinks desperate times need desperate measures Wink
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Assault-heavy list w/ CWE allies - "Wrath of Ly'khal"   1850 Assault-heavy list w/ CWE allies - "Wrath of Ly'khal" I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19 2014, 00:09

I dig it! And I'd love to hear how you fluff it out, already sounds awesome. Nothing wrong with an Archon making use of psykers as long as it isn't in the Dark City, right?
Though my first gut reaction is "where are all the dark lances?"
You've got 8 blasters and two Wave Serpents, none of which add up to a particularly lethal alpha strike. Figure you'll be able to deal with armour-heavy lists with this one?

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Assault-heavy list w/ CWE allies - "Wrath of Ly'khal"   1850 Assault-heavy list w/ CWE allies - "Wrath of Ly'khal" I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19 2014, 00:47

As someone who has recently run a beast-star, I must say that they sort of require a bit more TLC to make them nasty. I'd personally prefer a single group of 12 Khymera, with both Eldrad and another Farseer instead of 2 groups of khymera. The buffs are what make the unit, and I think you need more buffs than a single farseer can provide you.

These are the powers you want to go for, in order of importance:
Invisibility
Hammerhand
Sanctuary
Fortune

If you can manage to get all 4, your beast star will be nigh unstoppable. Put shard of anaris on your farseer and bang out. With all the above buffs active, you have a T4 unit that can only be hit on 6's in melee and at ranged, with 4+ rerollable invuln saves on everyone, and 3+/2+ rerollable invulns on the commanders. Commanders have armorbane/fleshbane, and the rest of the unit is S6 with 4 attacks on the charge. That's 48 S6 attacks on the charge from just the Khymera.

Following the above method also makes you more of a threat against vehicles up to AV12.
Back to top Go down
Ly'khal the Exiled
Hellion
Ly'khal the Exiled

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Assault-heavy list w/ CWE allies - "Wrath of Ly'khal"   1850 Assault-heavy list w/ CWE allies - "Wrath of Ly'khal" I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19 2014, 07:34

Thanks for feedback!

The reason I wasn't even trying to get Fortune etc. was because I wanted to try powers I hadn't try that often and I think the Invisibililty is just plain broken, not fun to play!

The lack of AT wpnry is true, the thing is that you won't see full-mech armies in my local meta. More of blobs, monsters and bikes. That's why I didn't include that many lances, though I wanted to try the AT role on the Reavers. If the game would've been against my bud who recently started to play Astra Militarum, I would've probably switched the Beasts into a Wraithknight..

It's not a Tournament-TAC list but I liked how it performed! We'll see what I will think of next, but as I'm starting to warm up on the coven forces, youll probably see a lot of flesh-monsters (I'll be starting a project log today with som WIP-pics!)
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Assault-heavy list w/ CWE allies - "Wrath of Ly'khal"   1850 Assault-heavy list w/ CWE allies - "Wrath of Ly'khal" I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21 2014, 16:21

Ly'khal the Exiled wrote:
I think the Invisibililty is just plain broken, not fun to play!

Then just go for the hammerhand, sanctuary, fortune combo. It's easier to get anyhow and gives the unit 4++ rerollable saves, with a 2++ and 3++ rerollable on the commanders. It also makes them S6, which is a big deal on khymera, who get 4 attacks on the charge. They will absolutely wreck light vehicles and many MCs, and have multi-assault capability.
Back to top Go down
Ly'khal the Exiled
Hellion
Ly'khal the Exiled

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Assault-heavy list w/ CWE allies - "Wrath of Ly'khal"   1850 Assault-heavy list w/ CWE allies - "Wrath of Ly'khal" I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21 2014, 17:04

The hammerhand actually seems like something I'd be interested to try out, thanks for the tips Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Assault-heavy list w/ CWE allies - "Wrath of Ly'khal"   1850 Assault-heavy list w/ CWE allies - "Wrath of Ly'khal" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Assault-heavy list w/ CWE allies - "Wrath of Ly'khal"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: