THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Archangel Bomb

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Ghoti
Hellion
Mr. Ghoti

Archangel Bomb Empty
PostSubject: Archangel Bomb   Archangel Bomb I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02 2014, 06:49

SO just played my buddy's Tau list he is bringing to a tournament this saturday. my list im bringing is focusing on deepstriking in the archangel of pain and PGL/TGL bearers and scalpel squadron supports.

my bomb raider has 2 archons w/pgl, blasters, WWP archangel and armor of misery, a sybarite with pgl and 7 warriors w/ a blaster, all in a raider with a TGL. 2 scalpel squadrons for the -2 debuff plus -2 from armor plus -2 from archangel makes a test with -6 Ld. I dropped that bomb in the middle of his block or suits and popped the cork.

it killed 2 full riptides w/fnp, 3 misslesides w/4+ invulns, a unit of 5 pathfinders, 2 crisis bodyguards, and a wound on the warlord commander.

WOW. definitely won me the game there, he would definitely have mulched me otherwise. I know the list wont be perfect against power armor armies, and even worse against full mech armies, but hey I like playing for fluff and fun. and whats more dark eldar fluffy (or is it spikey??) that screaming down from the sky releasing fear and torment where we land?
Back to top Go down
ThreefoldSerpent
Slave
ThreefoldSerpent

Archangel Bomb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archangel Bomb   Archangel Bomb I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02 2014, 08:38

you cant have multiple relics on a single character.
Back to top Go down
thaotic
Slave
thaotic

Archangel Bomb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archangel Bomb   Archangel Bomb I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02 2014, 09:33

ThreefoldSerpent wrote:
you cant have multiple relics on a single character.

Mr. Ghoti wrote:
my bomb raider has 2 archons w/pgl, blasters

He said that he had 2 Archons
Back to top Go down
ThreefoldSerpent
Slave
ThreefoldSerpent

Archangel Bomb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archangel Bomb   Archangel Bomb I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02 2014, 11:51

ah. must have missed that. my mistake.
Back to top Go down
Dark Lance
Hellion
Dark Lance

Archangel Bomb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archangel Bomb   Archangel Bomb I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03 2014, 22:51

What is the - 2 debuff for 2 scapel squadrons?  Are you thinking you can multiply Freakish Spectacle x2 or is it something else?  Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Dark Lance
Hellion
Dark Lance

Archangel Bomb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archangel Bomb   Archangel Bomb I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03 2014, 23:22

and to open this up just a little wider. ..  

Do you think the effects of the armor of misery and archangel of pain can be done from inside a wave serpent.  I'm thinking better protection and the range is from the perimeter of the model.  The archangel of pain is in lieu of a shooting attack but not a necessarily a shooting attack.  As I'm just a slave I am asking the question not stating an answer.  

Regardless of the answer to the above question.  If you bring in CWE, then

2 leaders with armor of misery and the archangel of pain. -4
any formation from Haemonculus Convens with 2 PGLs/TGLs, (F spectacle) -1
3 spiritseers from Iyanden (1 HQ position, with 3 rolls for terrify (runes of Battle) -3
and 3 Psychic Shrieks from Telepathy (Primaris Power)

Then
Pychic Phase
3 Psychic Shrieks from Spirtseers at best case (terrify goes off) -6 followed by
Shooting phase
as many TGLs/PGLs you have for separate units at -8

Maybe add a helm of spite to target psychers as well.  I'm thinking this could be a formation as well to spread out the assets.  I'd hate to see 2 squads of missile sides with 24 smart missiles and interceptor annihilate this before anything goes off.  

Very nasty.  Looking forward to hear if anyone is playing this angle.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Ghoti
Hellion
Mr. Ghoti

Archangel Bomb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archangel Bomb   Archangel Bomb I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03 2014, 23:49

i see freakish spectacle stacking due to the wording of "detachment", as compared to Tyranid's shadow in the warp being any psyker within 12" of model with this special rule. the shadow encompasses all models with the rule, the formation only details a detachment.
Back to top Go down
Anterzhul
Kabalite Warrior

Archangel Bomb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archangel Bomb   Archangel Bomb I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04 2014, 16:31

The entire detachment/stacking of freakish spectacle should be FAQ'd imho.

If you are stacking Ld debuffs using spiritseers however,
keep in mind that you can't reduce Ld below 0, so that -8 is a tad wasted against tau Wink
but yeah, Tau are going to hate us for this Smile

Archangel Bomb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archangel Bomb   Archangel Bomb I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Archangel Bomb
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: