THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Are we all doing missiles wrong?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
daviedight
Slave

Are we all doing missiles wrong? Empty
PostSubject: Are we all doing missiles wrong?   Are we all doing missiles wrong? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04 2014, 04:48

Guys, I think I have found something in the rules about shooting, specifically missiles, which strongly suggests that we have no choice but TO SHOOT ALL 4 MONOSCYTHE MISSILES IN THE SAME TURN.

I really hope I am wrong, and that someone can enlighten me, but if you look at p30 of the BRB at the last sentence in the last paragraph, it very clearly states,
"If a model can shoot with more than one weapon in the same phase and it is equipped with two or more identically named weapons, it shoots with all the same named weapons when that weapon is selected"

I hope I have missed something, but I've been over this again and again.....HELP!
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Are we all doing missiles wrong?   Are we all doing missiles wrong? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04 2014, 05:52

As a flyer you can shoot with up to 4 weapons. You may select those 4. If you think that, upon selecting 'Monoscythe Missile' that the given rule would obligate you to pick it for all other needed weapon slots than simply select Dissies/Lances first, and then select Monoscythe to fire two missiles, as you are only allowed to fire two additional weapons at that stage. If you want to fire 3 then select the splinter rifle/s.canon and then missiles. Etc. ect.

I actually consider the next sentence, allowing you to choose on a model per model basis if you do not wish to fire the weapon to easily cover the desire to fire some and not all missiles - but even if you think it doesn't there are ample and easy ways around it.

Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Are we all doing missiles wrong?   Are we all doing missiles wrong? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04 2014, 08:55

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is a rule that only two missiles may be fired per turn.
(or was that removed in 7th.....?)

http://www.escelionfilms.com
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Are we all doing missiles wrong?   Are we all doing missiles wrong? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04 2014, 09:02

Squidmaster wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is a rule that only two missiles may be fired per turn.
(or was that removed in 7th.....?)

Yeah they removed the two missile restriction in the 7th rulebook

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
daviedight
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Are we all doing missiles wrong?   Are we all doing missiles wrong? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04 2014, 12:13

I actually consider the next sentence, allowing you to choose on a model per model basis if you do not wish to fire the weapon to easily cover the desire to fire some and not all missiles - but even if you think it doesn't there are ample and easy ways around it.[/quote]

While I totally agree that the order of weapons choice bypasses this issue to a degree, I don't think that next sentence on the following page gives us a pass. If we choose not to fire any model, then we don't fire the Razorwing at all, right? After all, it's only 1 model.

As for the rule I enquired about, do you think it's fair to say, if we select Monosythe missiles first, then we are held to firing them all?
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: Are we all doing missiles wrong?   Are we all doing missiles wrong? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04 2014, 15:42

What that means is that you're not allowed to shoot, say, one monoscythe missile, then a dark lance, and then another monoscythe missile with the same model (if for some reason you wanted to). It's the same with units: you can't go, 'Five space meringues shoot with their bolters, then the multi-melta, then the melta, and then the other three with their bolters again'.

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Are we all doing missiles wrong?   Are we all doing missiles wrong? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04 2014, 16:00

probably to avoid sniping character type units with higher strength weapons.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Are we all doing missiles wrong?   Are we all doing missiles wrong? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04 2014, 16:44

Exactly.

And as noted, even if you think that's the issue, there are ways around it.

Back to top Go down
daviedight
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Are we all doing missiles wrong?   Are we all doing missiles wrong? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04 2014, 23:47

Okay, thanks for the feedback guys. :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are we all doing missiles wrong?   Are we all doing missiles wrong? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are we all doing missiles wrong?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: