THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Apoc formations

Go down 
+10
abjectus
Sorrowshard
Nomic
Preacher
Ophidian Vane
Rangrok1k
Xelkireth
DrBored
Torpedo Vegas
Todo13
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

Apoc formations Empty
PostSubject: Apoc formations   Apoc formations I_icon_minitimeSun May 22 2011, 00:37

What apoc formations would you like to see for DE?
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

Apoc formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apoc formations   Apoc formations I_icon_minitimeSun May 22 2011, 01:19

I'd like for one of the Spearhead Expansion's 'Spearheads", I think its called 'Skyfall Spearhead" to be in apoc.

Basically, a unit in a Skyfall spearhead has to be a skimmer with passengers, that skimmer Deep Strikes, and the passengers can shoot and assault the turn they arrive.

So something like that en masse with Raiders or Venoms would be kick butt.
Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
DrBored
Hellion

Apoc formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apoc formations   Apoc formations I_icon_minitimeSun May 22 2011, 05:38

Anything that lets us take any of our vehicles in squadrons and gives them extra rules to boot.

Or anything that lets us combine Dark Lance fire to do extra damage.

Or anything that gives us more rules if we get more than 3 pain tokens in a squad.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

Apoc formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apoc formations   Apoc formations I_icon_minitimeSun May 22 2011, 08:28

One of the best ones was in the first Apoc book. For the life of me, I can't remember the name. I blame Sailor Jerry... It was with raiders. I remember that much.
Back to top Go down
Rangrok1k
Hellion

Location : The Spires of upper Commorragh, amongst the Scourges

Apoc formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apoc formations   Apoc formations I_icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 03:55

I would LOVE an update on the Splinter Raid Force formation. I think this is the formation you were thinking of Xelkireth. If you haven't seen it, it allows (I think) 3+ Raiders, 0+ squads of Reaver Jetbikes, and 1 Archon in a Raider to come in from strategic reserves as flyers for a turn. The next turn, they revert back to normal Fast Skimmers. If they updated it to include Venoms, Razorwing Jetfighters and Void Raven Bombers, I would be very happy.

Another Apocalypse Formation that I think needs a boost is the Ravager Titan Hunter Formation. I just love this formation for no real reason Very Happy. Maybe, in addition to the awesome Shadow Beam, upgrade the strength of the Dark Lances to like str 9 or something.

Other than revisions of previous formations, I WANT FLYERS Evil or Very Mad . Maybe a formation that makes the Void Raven Bomber and/or Razorwing Jetfighter into permanent flyers.
Back to top Go down
Ophidian Vane
Slave

Apoc formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apoc formations   Apoc formations I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 04:47

Anything that gives us Anti-Aircraft fire...

and being able to get a hellstorm template wouldn't be bad either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.battleworthy-arts.com
Rangrok1k
Hellion

Apoc formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apoc formations   Apoc formations I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 05:42

Ophidian Vane wrote:

There is a formation of 3 Ravens which are Interceptors. Unfortunately, they are crap when compared to the Eldar's Nightwing xD

Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

Apoc formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apoc formations   Apoc formations I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 05:48

Rangrok1k wrote:
Ophidian Vane wrote:

There is a formation of 3 Ravens which are Interceptors. Unfortunately, they are crap when compared to the Eldar's Nightwing xD

They're crap when compared to a Valkyrie, but it's still a fun unit.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

Apoc formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apoc formations   Apoc formations I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 06:30

I don't any IG players and the one Eldar player constantly broke. I honestly have no ideas where his models come from.
Back to top Go down
Preacher
Kabalite Warrior
Preacher

Apoc formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apoc formations   Apoc formations I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 08:02

Xelkireth wrote:
I don't any IG players and the one Eldar player constantly broke. I honestly have no ideas where his models come from.
He's Eldar, he probably just grows them out of wraithbone...

As for the topic...I do miss the Ravager Titan hunters. They were always useful when the silly monkeigh brought their "god machines" out to play.

A good squadron for Razorwing and Voidravens would be good. However what I'd most like to see for Apoc are some of the larger "slave barges" which are hinted at. I can't see them being too destructive, but having moral effects or offering some more paintoken goodness would be fun. Or larger Pain Engines, obviously not titan size, but Trygon size could be fun. Wink

To rule in hell is only the begining..."

Lady No'ki Vankar, Kabal of the Poisoned Claw
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

Apoc formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apoc formations   Apoc formations I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 08:12

Some formations I'd like to see would be an update to the Splinter Raid, a Razorwing/Voidraven formation, and a Pain Engine formation of some kind (maybe giving them fleet?).

Rangrok1k
Hellion

Apoc formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apoc formations   Apoc formations I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 23:45

Torpedo Vegas wrote:
Rangrok1k wrote:
Ophidian Vane wrote:

They're crap when compared to a Valkyrie, but it's still a fun unit.
Well if you compare it with a Valkyrie then you loose a few of the Eldar Flyer Benefits (for example, the 18" minimum movement over the 36" minimum movement).

The Nightwing is about 150% the cost of the Raven, same Eldar benefits, but gets 2 Bright Lances instead of 1 Twin-Linked Dark Lance and gets 2 Shuriken Cannons which are strength 6 heavy 3 (Which can actually do something to flyers!) instead of the Raven's 1 Old Splinter Cannon which is str 4 heavy 4 (Which probably wont do anything to flyers). Both are Interceptors too, which makes me wonder what is the point of bringing Ravens when the Nightwing beats it in almost all situations (Other than the Nightwing being Eldar and the Raven being Dark Eldar).

Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

Apoc formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apoc formations   Apoc formations I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 23:53

Now that we're talking about it, an updated Raven would be pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Ophidian Vane
Slave

Apoc formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apoc formations   Apoc formations I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24 2011, 10:01

Or they could just say we can use the new fighter and bomber in the codex as flyers in Apoc, and let the fighter use its TL dark lance for AA.
Back to top Go down
http://www.battleworthy-arts.com
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

Apoc formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apoc formations   Apoc formations I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24 2011, 19:16

Pirate. Ship....

Kabalite Warrior

Apoc formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apoc formations   Apoc formations I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24 2011, 21:16

A squadron of venoms formation, a unit of 15 wychs getting out of 3 venoms would look cool. The elysian drop troops had something that let units split up between multiple transports in squadron, don't remember details.
Apoc scale venom spam Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

Apoc formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apoc formations   Apoc formations I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25 2011, 09:00

I would like some Gravtanks, but sadly only "good guys" get those...

Maybe some sort of "big troop carrier" then?
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

Apoc formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apoc formations   Apoc formations I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25 2011, 10:05

I have fingers crossed the twin hulled raider will be a huge troop carrier, and that they make the double decker ravager with 12 darklances I saw a concept sketch of.
Back to top Go down
theblackjackal
Hellion
theblackjackal

Apoc formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apoc formations   Apoc formations I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25 2011, 17:57

I came up with a few formations (and updated one from Apocalypse) that everyone in my local circle think are fair. http://darkhive.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=deldar&action=display&thread=33

Caveat: None of these have been playtested yet.

https://sites.google.com/site/frontier2170
SinisterPlank
Hellion

Apoc formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apoc formations   Apoc formations I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 11:01

I would like to see the possibility to take several raiders with passangers as a single sheet, with the special rule that they all arrive on the same reserves roll, enter as DS, and may move and fire as if they hadn't DS'd. I just like the blitz of a manneuver like that.
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

Apoc formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apoc formations   Apoc formations I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28 2011, 23:21

Not a formation but I will be writing a datasheet for a Kashnarak beast (like in the unofficial Epic pdf) as I have a Troll Forged large pit fiend model which looks like some kind of gigantic Warp Beast.

Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Apoc formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apoc formations   Apoc formations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apoc formations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion