THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

WiP Scourges, from Blood Vestals.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

WiP Scourges, from Blood Vestals. Empty
PostSubject: WiP Scourges, from Blood Vestals.   WiP Scourges, from Blood Vestals. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09 2014, 22:10

I am pleased with the proportions here, and am shamelessly putting them up for commission painting, as my painting is awful!
Raging Heroes Blood Vestal models, the Sci-Fi troops version, with wings from Maxmini.

For three of them I had to chop the wings into two, thread them through the girl's ponytail, and re-glue before mounting; very fiddly!
The fourth needed her hair to be cut and filed off her back, as there was no separate ponytail.

Hope you like where I've got to so far, and I will post further pics when I get them painted!

Colour scheme will be bright red leotards, boots and gloves (no boobs out, it's crass and daft!); silver armour plates, and I've yet to decide on wing schemes; My army is not Dark Kin, it's human pirate, so I haven't decided whether these characters are genetically modified, have wing grafts, or are wearing strap-on wing sets.

I want them to be really bright, I'm not a fan of muted colours and grimdark on the table, largely because of my old tired eyes!

WiP Scourges, from Blood Vestals. P1000812_zps798b93cf

WiP Scourges, from Blood Vestals. P1000823_zps8adbcbb6

WiP Scourges, from Blood Vestals. P1000822_zps75f749ea

WiP Scourges, from Blood Vestals. P1000821_zpsb80a057b

WiP Scourges, from Blood Vestals. P1000820_zpsc5fbcc00
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: WiP Scourges, from Blood Vestals.   WiP Scourges, from Blood Vestals. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09 2014, 23:50

Very cool - I love the Blood Vestals but haven't figured out what to do with mine now that 'more Wyches' is kind of an empty feeling in my soul Very Happy

These do look ace though.

Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: WiP Scourges, from Blood Vestals.   WiP Scourges, from Blood Vestals. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 02:17

They look pretty good!

I've never been able to get over the Blood Vestals' impractical footwear. I don't mind the boobs, but I object to the high heels. Maybe it matters less if they're flying.

Are you going to do anything to give them more Scourge-like weapons?

Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: WiP Scourges, from Blood Vestals.   WiP Scourges, from Blood Vestals. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 16:14

TBH, all my opponents are so used to my all-proxy armies that as long as the models are identifiable, no-one minds that the Devourers on my Clanrat Termagants are spears, that my Gargoyles are actually rats on flying carpets, or that my Scourges' Haywire blasters are obviously pistols!

I don't cleave to GW's designs for guns, so all of my wargear is clearly listed on my army roster, for my opponent's benefit.
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: WiP Scourges, from Blood Vestals.   WiP Scourges, from Blood Vestals. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 16:32

Yes,I always have had `suspension of disbelief` with high heels.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: WiP Scourges, from Blood Vestals.   WiP Scourges, from Blood Vestals. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 16:53

what are you all saying, fighting in 6" stiletto thigh high boots is impractical?

I DON'T BELIEVE IT!
lol!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WiP Scourges, from Blood Vestals.   WiP Scourges, from Blood Vestals. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WiP Scourges, from Blood Vestals.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: The Aphotic Gallery
-
Jump to: