THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

When the burning eye focuses on other projects

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

When the burning eye focuses on other projects Empty
PostSubject: When the burning eye focuses on other projects   When the burning eye focuses on other projects I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 12:55

What can I say, I'm a hobby butterfly - this year has until now been something of a landmark year for me as I've been solely focused on painting up my space marines in the colours of the iron fists (not Iron Hands I should mention!)

However, it was never going to last, particularly once the DE codex was released and I didn't hate it.

so this post is going to present some of my other work as I progress with it.

My first exhibit is some progress on my wraithknight, which I've had for ages and not really commenced painting (I've done a little, but then changed my mind on colour scheme and it's been sat in a box awaiting inspiration ever since).

When the burning eye focuses on other projects 2452259B-06C8-46AB-8BE8-0268869903FE_zpsudiu51ps

The flames need another layer of highlight, but I need to get my hands on the citadel edge paints to do it, and I refuse to pay delivery charges on one pot of paint!

What do you guys think?

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: When the burning eye focuses on other projects   When the burning eye focuses on other projects I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13 2014, 08:40

Looks good so far. I like the colours.

The citadel dry paints are the same colours as the edge highlight paints. All you need to so is water them down, so if there is a local GW near by you could pick up a pot and save on delivery Smile

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: When the burning eye focuses on other projects   When the burning eye focuses on other projects I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13 2014, 09:06

Good idea specllcheck, only problem is I live in the arse end of nowhere, so the nearest stockist requires a special trip out. Still, things aren't too bad, my borthday is coming in a couple of weeks and I'm hoping to get some vouchers, so a pot of paint should help fill any gaps in an order nicely!

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
Caspaar
Kabalite Warrior
Caspaar

PostSubject: Re: When the burning eye focuses on other projects   When the burning eye focuses on other projects I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13 2014, 09:48

First off: Love the colours you chose. Im a sucker for this sort of green (I bought every last scaly green back in the days when they announced it would disappear Smile )

Concerning the watered down dry paints: I have different experience with this. I too, used a watered down version of the hellion green and found that it dried in a very unfortunate manner, with some sort of rough texture. If you only use it for highlighting, it may work, but if you plan to paint larger surfaces I recommend the edge colours

cheers
Caspaar
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: When the burning eye focuses on other projects   When the burning eye focuses on other projects I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13 2014, 09:53

Caspaar wrote:
First off: Love the colours you chose. Im a sucker for this sort of green (I bought every last scaly green back in the days when they announced it would disappear Smile )

Concerning the watered down dry paints: I have different experience with this. I too, used a watered down version of the hellion green and found that it dried in a very unfortunate manner, with some sort of rough texture. If you only use it for highlighting, it may work, but if you plan to paint larger surfaces I recommend the edge colours

cheers
Caspaar

Scaly green was the colour I chose to do Eldar in when i first picked up some of their models, I finished the wave serpent I bought but got no further as they got discontinued. I've tried 4 other schemes since then, but nothing that grabbed me as much as the original one. So glad the kabalite and sybarite greens are in the range now! And as an added bonus, my painting abilities are much improved since those days too!

Thanks for the heads up about watering down the dry paints, I've not used the ones I've got on large areas yet, but I'll bear it in mind!

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: When the burning eye focuses on other projects   When the burning eye focuses on other projects I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22 2015, 09:29

So, next projects on my table are my iron fists space marines - first up a stalker, then vindicator, and two razorbacks. I'm hoping to get the stalker done over the next couple of weeks (away for a few days over the weekend so won't get anything done then).

Then possibly the storm raven as it's on my painting table.

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: When the burning eye focuses on other projects   When the burning eye focuses on other projects I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30 2015, 11:58

So, the Stalker is complete!

When the burning eye focuses on other projects 37AAD058-E205-4CF4-9DCF-567E495FC4E4_zps7rtqd68y

When the burning eye focuses on other projects BC82B1CE-D0AF-409E-8A92-7E1B511DAE49_zps9lnc9r06

When the burning eye focuses on other projects 59195BB3-A33E-4F28-882A-172AAF3D7C81_zps5q1rp1nx

Next up: Razorback 1

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: When the burning eye focuses on other projects   When the burning eye focuses on other projects I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2016, 10:30

Right, having not updated this log in over a year apparently, quite a lot has happened since then.

1. I've sold off a lot of my Iron Fists stuff, including the stalker shown above, cutting that army down to a bike list.

2. I've embarked on another marine army, which will eventually encompass all other marine thematic lists, but I'm starting with the classic gladius strike force (just the one demi company for now!)

3. I've decided to sell my Dark Eldar, see my post in the barter port for more details or check out my blog (link below) for detailed pics.

Here's progress on the new marine list so far, this is a 70% finished tactical squad in a drop pod, with a captain and librarian. I've got another tactical squad in drop pod, thunderfire cannon and more librarians to come, along with some assembling to do on an honour guard squad.

When the burning eye focuses on other projects 0279D2CD-5786-4C0E-ADFB-AFE8A1AA600D_zpsfoggpbao

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When the burning eye focuses on other projects   When the burning eye focuses on other projects I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When the burning eye focuses on other projects
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Distractions
-
Jump to: