THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Actual rules changes in Iyanden supplement?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dmateja
Slave

Actual rules changes in Iyanden supplement? Empty
PostSubject: Actual rules changes in Iyanden supplement?   Actual rules changes in Iyanden supplement? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 22:11

For my army background I am planning on having an Archon that subverts/breaks a Spiritseer and forces him to bring the dead Eldar to assist him in his raids.  It would be Dark Eldar Primary with Eldar wraith allies.  The Iyanden supplement seemed perfect for this but my local store does not have a copy in stock.  Before I order one I just wanted to know if it is worth getting.  I know it has lots of history, fluff, and pretty pictures along with a rule allowing a Wraithlord/knight to be the Warlord.  Is there any other rules in the codex that would make it worth purchasing for my idea?  My warlord is going to be my Archon so the only rule that I know is in the book does not apply to my situation.  If the book will not be useful I would much rather spend the money on another box of wraithguard instead.  Thanks for any input.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Actual rules changes in Iyanden supplement?   Actual rules changes in Iyanden supplement? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 23:16

There's a few things in there yes, different artefact list, different warlord traits, spiritseer equivalent to the warlock council, special psychic power that boosts the wraiths and 3 new missions, plus cities of death and planetstrike stuff.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Actual rules changes in Iyanden supplement?   Actual rules changes in Iyanden supplement? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11 2014, 07:56

It's an expencive book but I have liked playing with it. The Shadow Council has been and will be a big thing in my lists.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
dmateja
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Actual rules changes in Iyanden supplement?   Actual rules changes in Iyanden supplement? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11 2014, 22:42

Thanks for the replies. The artifact list and new psychic powers may be worth it. I will look into it. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Actual rules changes in Iyanden supplement?   Actual rules changes in Iyanden supplement? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 12:05

The Iyanden book is awesome. I bought it as soon as it came out and have played it every game of 7th edition. It has the best warlord traits of any of the codices, the artifacts are fantastic, fairly inexpensive and very useful (The Soulshrive is what the huskblade should be and has reaped untold glory for me in every game) the Shadow Council is great and there are TONS of awesome missions, Eldar expansions for city of death (ever wondered what Eldar landmines did?) and best of all its completely interchangeable with stuff from Codex Eldar. Not to menton that I was surprisingly entertained by the fluff.... if you ever wanted to know about Prince Y'riel you pretty much get a run down of every campaign the Admiral Prince of Iyanden has ever fought in. Very cool stuff.

Kabalite Warrior
MurDok

PostSubject: Re: Actual rules changes in Iyanden supplement?   Actual rules changes in Iyanden supplement? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22 2014, 07:51

Just a forewarning, there is only literally 2 pages of rules for the army supplement. The rest is fluff and Altar of War mission(s), but I would still say the book is totally worth the price. It has a lot of great back ground fluff and what not.

Adeptus Mechanicus - Taghmata Omnissiah & Legio Cybernetica
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Actual rules changes in Iyanden supplement?   Actual rules changes in Iyanden supplement? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Actual rules changes in Iyanden supplement?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: