THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 DE- First List with new dex

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

1850 DE- First List with new dex Empty
PostSubject: 1850 DE- First List with new dex   1850 DE- First List with new dex I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11 2014, 19:55

So I havent tried out the new dex simply because I live 3 hours away from any game store but hoping to make the trek here shortly. The list below is really my theories on how I could run the book. I really like the book and all of the options we now have and viable units. It was tough to cut things out and still get everything I wanted.

I would like to make a tournament baseline list and change it as needed. I know the meta around me and the local tournaments has all the armies including Knights. So I tried to do a TAC list without being too heavily invested one way or the other.

Here we go:

DE Primary

HQ
Archon, Portal, Blaster, Haywire Grenade, Venom- 180
Archon, Portal, Blaster, Haywire Grenade, Venom- 180

Troop
x5 Warriors, Venom- 105
x5 Warriors, Venom- 105
x5 Warriors, Venom- 105

Fast
x5 Scourge, x4 Haywire Blasters- 120
Razorwing Jetfighter, Lances- 140
Razorwing Jetfighter, Lances- 140

Eldar Allies

Autarch, Wings, Fusion Gun- 95
x10 Storm Guardians, x2 Fusion, Serpent w/ Tl-Scatter, Cannon- 220
x10 Storm Guardians, x2 Fusion, Serpent w/ Tl-Scatter, Cannon- 220
Wraithknight- 240

TOTAL 1850

The plan is to Portal in the Guardians and put 3 AT shots at anything needing it. Also, Wave Serpents aren't too bad. Autarch goes with Scourge to add a potential Melta shot if they get close enough. I really have him in there for the Reserve manipulation more than anything. 5 Venoms can pack a nice AI punch. I have some Anti-Air with the Razorwings and Serpents again, aren't too bad. Wraithknight punches anything and is really my only CC threat, but is very good at any job really.

Thoughts? Crits?

Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE- First List with new dex   1850 DE- First List with new dex I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11 2014, 23:37

Well the best thing to do is get to Home Depot. Have them cut you a 6 x 4 board. then have them cut it in half into two Squares. Get a Piano hinge. Pre drill the holes and then screw in the piano hinge. Instantly: a game board.

Last step: Fabric Store. Get some Desert colored Felt (or green, or whatever) that is about 4x8. Drape it across. BAYAM.

Now chop your forces into two pieces and invite people over to try a new game with you. let them win. The game store will no longer be 3 hours away. it will be on your table. and when the game is over, it will slide behind your couch. and you will be merry.

Last step: Presents this year will consiste of two boxes of troop models and an HQ for all the friends you give a rip about. maybe some glue. Paint nights will be at your house.

Happy Holidays!

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE- First List with new dex   1850 DE- First List with new dex I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17 2014, 00:50

If only it were that easy. Home Depot is also 3 hours away and I am the young gun in the town. I live in a farming town and no one would have the time nor the want to learn a game like 40k. Mostly looking for criticisms on the list.

I think with the DSing Serpents and meltas/blaster within I can threaten any armor I need to. The Anti-infantry should be taken care with 5 Venoms, the Razorwings, and all the troops. Anti-Air isn't the best with only 2 Razorwings and 2 Serpents available. I am worried about Knights but I think I present enough targets to give them problems and with pinpoint drops I should be able to drop and kill 1 while working on the other 2.

Anything I should be looking out for?
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE- First List with new dex   1850 DE- First List with new dex I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17 2014, 02:18

I quite like your list.  Not to keen on the storm guardians though.  My suggestion would be to change one of those units fire dragons.  With an archon, autarch and fire dragons you can put some serious hurt on vehicles, meq, MCs and imperial knights can get vaped quite easily.   The other storm guardian unit is fine, but I would still prefer guardian defenders. 20 semi rending shots is scary.  But the guardians are just a preference. I understand the two melta guns can be nice

A solid list.  

P.s.  two razorwings and two serpents give you a pretty dang good AA.  Four units that can threaten flyers is nothing to sneeze at.

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE- First List with new dex   1850 DE- First List with new dex I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 DE- First List with new dex
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: