THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Very Shooty 1750 points

Go down 
+2
Unorthodoxy
mika
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mika
Hellion
mika

Very Shooty 1750 points Empty
PostSubject: Very Shooty 1750 points   Very Shooty 1750 points I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 12:19

Hi!

Here's my idea for a tournament list to go toe to toe with actuall power builds :

Archon - Blaster, Haywire
Venom - 2x SC

Medusae
Venom - 2x SC

Medusae
Venom - 2x SC

5 Trueborn - 4x Blaster
Raider - Lance

5 Trueborn - 4x Blaster
Raider - Lance

4x 5 Kabalites - Blaster, Sybarite with Haywire
4x Raider - Lance

2x 5 Scourges - 4x Haywire

Venom - 2x SC

2x Ravager - 3x Lance

1750 points.

A bit spamy I know, but when you face Impüerial Knights, Serpent Spam, Centurion Stars and 20 Warp Charge army's on a daily basis then you cant go soft and fluffy Wink

So what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Very Shooty 1750 points   Very Shooty 1750 points I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20 2014, 21:31

wow, thats a lot of firepower you have there. STRONG recommendation, ESPECIALLLy with that much anti-tank in the list already: switch those Ravagers to Disintegrator cannons and if you can.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Vaimore
Slave

PostSubject: Long time reader, first time poster. I HAS QUESTION   Very Shooty 1750 points I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20 2014, 23:51

I Just bought my new DE codex, and I was hoping someone could set me straight on something very critical. Within the new book I am unable to locate where the point costs of the weapons are. The codex doesn't even have a proper list of special weapons, heavy weapons or Wych weapons. My lady and I both play W40k and we both failed to locate anywhere that the point values of the weapons were listed. This has me in a bit of a panic since I really wanted to start playing DE with a bloodthirsty/frantic disembowelment style.

Please help me,
Vaimore
Back to top Go down
fredpower
Hellion
fredpower

PostSubject: Re: Very Shooty 1750 points   Very Shooty 1750 points I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21 2014, 00:12

I dont have the physical book but im my pdf the list of weapon points is before the models explanation and what the wepons do after the formation.
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Very Shooty 1750 points   Very Shooty 1750 points I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21 2014, 00:20

Vaimore wrote:
I Just bought my new DE codex, and I was hoping someone could set me straight on something very critical.  Within the new book I am unable to locate where the point costs of the weapons are.  The codex doesn't even have a proper list of special weapons, heavy weapons or Wych weapons.  My lady and I both play W40k and we both failed to locate anywhere that the point values of the weapons were listed.  This has me in a bit of a panic since I really wanted to start playing DE with a bloodthirsty/frantic disembowelment style.

Please help me,
Vaimore

The cost of the weapons is on the master list RIGHT before the unit entries when they are not in the actual unit entry.
the descriptions for what they DO is aftr all the unit entries

Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Very Shooty 1750 points   Very Shooty 1750 points I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21 2014, 02:14

I would suggest that you bring venoms instead of raiders but that is only my personal preference.
Back to top Go down
Vaimore
Slave

PostSubject: Page 69!   Very Shooty 1750 points I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21 2014, 02:58

Thank you for all the help!
Back to top Go down
fioater
Slave
fioater

PostSubject: Re: Very Shooty 1750 points   Very Shooty 1750 points I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21 2014, 05:38

List looks solid, and does have a lot of shooting.

12 lances, 12 blasters and 4 haywire blasters should be plenty of AT for the top tier lists, especially if you have a lot of Knights like you mentioned.

Do you rally need the Sybarites and Haywire 'nades in each Kabalite squad? You have tons of AT, Ld 9 won't save you much more than Ld 8, so the 4 haywire 'nades is essentially costing you another venom.

-Fioater
Back to top Go down
mika
Hellion
mika

PostSubject: Re: Very Shooty 1750 points   Very Shooty 1750 points I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21 2014, 06:39

Hi!

Thanks for all the reply's, didn'T think there will be any after that much time.

Unorthodoxy wrote:
wow, thats a lot of firepower you have there.  STRONG recommendation, ESPECIALLLy with that much anti-tank in the list already:  switch those Ravagers to Disintegrator cannons and if you can.

May I ask why? Ravagers give me the only reliable lance fire in the first round. If I change them to Dissi's then I'll be left with a few single lances in the first round.

Bleaksoul Brethren wrote:

I would suggest that you bring venoms instead of raiders but that is only my personal preference.

There are 4 Venoms in the list already. Thats all I got.

fioater wrote:

List looks solid, and does have a lot of shooting.

12 lances, 12 blasters and 4 haywire blasters should be plenty of AT for the top tier lists, especially if you have a lot of Knights like you mentioned.

Do you rally need the Sybarites and Haywire 'nades in each Kabalite squad? You have tons of AT, Ld 9 won't save you much more than Ld 8, so the 4 haywire 'nades is essentially costing you another venom.

-Fioater

Thanks.
There are actually 8 Haywire Blasters in the lists. Two units of Scourges.
About the Sybarites - I dont know if I need them, they are there just as AT support for the rest. I figure that in the second round if I got anything mobile and shooty left, all units should be able to take down a tank. The haywire grenade helps with that, in a round after the first I should be able to dissembark and throw it at a Tank, and if I throw it I can also assault said tank if it's not death yet which all in all gives me 2 extra At attacks from one Sybarite (dealing with Drop Pods is a great example here, where I dont have to commit my longer range fire to deal with one or two).

It would give me 60 points if I'd drop them which you are right is almost enough for a venom, But actually I do not have anymore space for another venom.
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Very Shooty 1750 points   Very Shooty 1750 points I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21 2014, 21:59

ONCE you open those tanks up, the infantry are dead meat if you have Disintegrator cannons.  Thats why.  Ravagers can even be reserved for this duty.  The RAVAGERS and Raiders are the only place you can take the Disintegrator cannons and they are great weapons with excellent range.  Also excellent for killing anti-air things like Aegis Guns and they are on a tough platform.

Turn 1 shooting is not the be all end all.  You really should watch my batreps!  Scope it:  Link to most recent battle report

All Im suggesting here is that you might be overkilling the anti-tank angle.  Try it with Disintegrators and see if maybe after a few games, you dont find that your anti-tank is adequate.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Very Shooty 1750 points   Very Shooty 1750 points I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Very Shooty 1750 points
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: