THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of Dying Eclipse

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ly'khal the Exiled
Hellion
Ly'khal the Exiled

Kabal of Dying Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of Dying Eclipse   Kabal of Dying Eclipse I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21 2014, 18:00

Hello!

I started to work on the fluff for my re-started dark eldar force, kabal of Dying Eclipse. I'll edit the text here as long as I can either get something new on the paper first, or something critical facts turn out that forces me to tinker my story a bit (that is, if my story argues with any of the background from the codex, novels etc.)

Feel free to comment on my work so far, as if you notice something that doesn't belong there, especially if any parts are found to argue with the original fluff! Also, any cool improvement ideas or hot tips are more than welcome!

Hope you enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kabal of Dying Eclipse

A cast-out band of raiders, some say that the kabal of Dying Eclipse stands as only a shadow of it's former glory. Led by Ly'khal Ilhgorian, Dying Eclipse's infamous archon and a bastard-son of a once known house that ruled a part of the lower Commoragh. Through the destruction of his house's name, through the reasons that condemned them all to live as exiles, never to set foot on the blood-soaked soil of Commoragh, Ly'khal keeps his forces under his command with an iron grip and has ended the rebellions among them before they even began with the edge of his blade.

Over time, the young archon has gathered the amount of equipment, slaves and allies under his flag that he soon prove to be threat that could make even the greater houses of Commoragh tremble. Not that any of the High Commoragh buys this, and none should listen the gossips of the mongrels from the lower parts too carefully. Right?

On the top of the bladed throne in his desolate keep, ”The Immortal Spire”, Ly'khal sits and waits. For what, probably none can say, for ”the Exiled's” motives are shrouded in mystery as tight as are the reasons that made Vect to banish him, rather than execute him. All is known of his intentions is that he has been operating in a certain area, moving almost like following a path, as seeking something.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lykhal Ilhgorian, ”the Exiled”, lord of the Dying Eclipse

Long before it's might was grasped by Ly'khal, the kabal of Dying Sun was housed by the Ilhgorian family, a sinister syndicate of the lower city. Being a bastard to the family's head, Finh'arch, Ly'khal had no right to lead the house and spent his youth in distrust and violence. From all the misery his family members made him endure, young Ly'khal quickly proved to have a talent to plan ahead of everyone else, as he could see things before they even came to unfold. Also his arrogance made him to superb all forms of war beyond measure, his skills soon surpassed only by his father. When he had come to an age which dark eldar often choose their path to follow, Ly'khal had grown into a cunning warrior, as had the fear he had instilled among his so called family.

What was the path that Ly'khal chose, though being non-important in our story, resembled the violent life of his past. Some say he left his family to join a local gang of hellions that terrorized the close districts, as a way to get back to his former kin. Others claim that Finh'arch was so afraid of Ly'khal's growing power that he sold the boy as a slave, to be buried under the Commoragh's endless working camps, away from the eyes of ashamed father. The next time we would hear from the young dark eldar, would be that one day, when a prisoner was dragged, beaten bloody and unconscious, into a hearing in front of Asdrubael Vect himself. What the hearing mattered? Story doesn't tell, for Ly'khal was soon nowhere to be found and Vect, as known, keeps  sure that his secrets remain within the walls of his palace. Rumors say though, that the prisoner brought to the Overlord was none other than Ly'khal Ilhgorian and his whereabouts during his capture.. Well let's say that it was a forbid region to enter, leading to a certain piece of architecture, a place where even Vect feels uneasy... The Khaine's Gate..

The Immortal Spire, Keep of the Exiled

Soon to come!

Cult of the Storming Venom

Soon to come!

Coven of Jaded Woe

Soon to come!
Back to top Go down
Kharras Man-Bane
Hellion
Kharras Man-Bane

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Dying Eclipse   Kabal of Dying Eclipse I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22 2014, 04:46

I love the name Ilhgorian. Just flows right, gutteral and yet elegant.

Hellion
Ly'khal the Exiled

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Dying Eclipse   Kabal of Dying Eclipse I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22 2014, 16:40

Thank you Kharras! I once decided to put some effort on the fluff of my army (which usually just seems to leave on hanging around..)

What about the story as a whole? Buyable?
Back to top Go down
Kharras Man-Bane
Hellion
Kharras Man-Bane

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Dying Eclipse   Kabal of Dying Eclipse I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24 2014, 02:31

A classic tale of an exiled noble bastard gathering forces and taking revenge on the society that cast him out.

Perhaps too classic. Details that differentiate Ilghorian from his peers would add further depth, but given that you haven't even finished the article, its too soon to say.

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Dying Eclipse   Kabal of Dying Eclipse I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of Dying Eclipse
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Kabals Of The Dark City
-
Jump to: