THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 points of Come at Me Wolf Bro (Unbound)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

2000 points of Come at Me Wolf Bro (Unbound) Empty
PostSubject: 2000 points of Come at Me Wolf Bro (Unbound)   2000 points of Come at Me Wolf Bro (Unbound) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24 2014, 17:36

As I posted in the Tactics thread, my regular opponent plays Space Wolves and will be bringing a nasty Dreads in Drop Pods/Flamers/Melta in Drop Pods with at least two squads of TWC.  At first I was really concerned about how to survive and/or evade his heavy hitters.  But then I thought to myself, screw that.  He'll be expecting me to run away from him.  So I thought I'd try running right at him.  With seven Monstrous Creatures:

Dark Artisan:
Haemie w/Scissorhand and Nightmare Doll
Talos w/SC and Ichor Injector
Cronos w/Spirit Probe

Corpsethief Claw:
3 x Talos w/Heat Lance and Chain Flail
2 x Talos w/SC and Ichor Injector

3 x Ravagers w/3xDL

3x 5 Warriors w/Blaster in Venoms w/2 x SC

2 x 5 Scourges w/ HWB

The DA will move up right behind the Corpsethief to give all MC's a 4++ FNP, re-rolling ones.  He's bringing his army to me, so I'm not overly concerned about the relative slowness of the Taloi.  One question I did have was about the tail gun choice on the Talos.  Better to go all HL or all SC, or to mix it up like I've done?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points of Come at Me Wolf Bro (Unbound)   2000 points of Come at Me Wolf Bro (Unbound) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24 2014, 21:07

sweetbacon wrote:
One question I did have was about the tail gun choice on the Talos.  Better to go all HL or all SC, or to mix it up like I've done?
I would say mixing it up is fine - you have the Ravagers and Scourges to hunt anything too shooty/far away. The purpose of the Taloi will be to face stomp stuff in assault anyway, so both weapons are more of incidental tools on the way in regardless. I think it's good to keep the mix that way you have options versus both the thundercav and dreads/pods.
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points of Come at Me Wolf Bro (Unbound)   2000 points of Come at Me Wolf Bro (Unbound) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24 2014, 22:27

Thanks, Thor. At first I was a little concerned about whether three Ravagers and two squads of Scourges would be enough anti-tank, but then I remembered that punching stuff to death repeatedly with Str 7/10 (if I Smash) is my main source of anti-tank...actually punching stuff to death will be my main source of anti-everything with this list. My opponent isn't bringing Grav weapons and as far as I know, Space Wolves don't have lots of Force weapons or loads of Instant Death (do they?), so I think this could be an interesting game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points of Come at Me Wolf Bro (Unbound)   2000 points of Come at Me Wolf Bro (Unbound) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 points of Come at Me Wolf Bro (Unbound)
Page 1 of 1