THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Wraithkind

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sitaavanu
Slave

Kabal of the Wraithkind Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24 2014, 20:07

First things first,

1) Hello and thank you for taking time to read/contribute.
2) http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Kabal_of_the_Wraithkind
3) This is not an army list (yet)
4) I aim to build a themed army

What I would like to ask you guys is this:
What models would you take in a kabal of the wraith kind list from the Dark Eldar and Eldar side?
How would you design the army?

My initial thoughts:
Everything under the archon progression list is fair game (archon, truborn, kabalite, Raiders, Rarzorwing and VoidRavens)
A reference is made to 'shadow-creatures' being released in the city but no idea what these things are (or if they are still apart of the city/been intigrated into the kabal?)
They do talk about the kabal looking like mandrakes. Would love some modeling Ideas on how to make the models look like mandrakes without buying tons of mandrake heads.
How can I make the 'out of phase' aspect tangible on the table top - possibly the Realspace Raider detachment?

Eldar side needs to be wraith heavy (spirit seer, wraithguard/blade, Wraithlord, Wraithknight, Hemlock)
Wraiths are EXPENSIVE (points wise) so this army will need to be an elite army
splash of other things might be acceptable but at max 1 nonwraith unit (largely to fill gaps since the list will be so specific)

Ideally I would like the design of the army to reflect a small Iyaden wraith force on the table turn 1 and the Dark eldar performing a turn 2 alpha strike. But I don't think this is viable for a number of reasons (hopefully someone can prove me wrong). Largely though the lack of target saturation with the Wraithguard and limited ways of getting an army of webway portals will be this ideas downfall for this setup.

I couldn't find any fluff stating that the kabal of the wraithkind ever kidnapped a spiritseer/wraithguard and integrated them into their forces but if there is it would be great if someone could point me towards that I'd be very greatful.

My minds roughdraft says something like:
2 archons with portals (so that they can jump into the fray)
a bunch of kabalites (preferably in boats)

A spiritseer
10~20 Wraithguard/blade
a wraithknight (center piece model)

But even something so simple as this is running in that 1500 point range (with some basic upgrades thrown in) and doesn't really have a 'dark eldar save the day' vibe to me, doesn't represent the out of phase aspects of the kabal etc. It seems like the right models but the wrong mixture, or maybe I am just missing something that will fit really well and you guys could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any/all insight you can offer.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26 2014, 20:40

sitaavanu wrote:
How can I make the 'out of phase' aspect tangible on the table top - possibly the Realspace Raider detachment?
By using night fields? Very Happy
Sorry, couldn't stop me, from doing that.
Try to paint spikes, that already exist on your vehicle, a bit behind them and cover a bit with gloss, maybe?

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27 2014, 08:09

Max out on mandrakes in the elites or at least take a couple of sizeable units. Likewise I'd say put nightshields on all your vehicles to keep with the 'shrouded in darkness' theme and phantasm and torment grenades launchers as they strike me as a kabal that would use terror tactics to the nth degree. In terms of anything else to better represent them on the table top I'm struggling to think of anything
Back to top Go down
gucci2times
Slave
gucci2times

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01 2014, 19:18

I've been working non an iyanden + kotwk army for the better part of six months now. My angle is after the DE helped save iyanden some wraith-units and aspect warriors went off with them.

My theme is all wraiths no guardians and a few aspect warriors, few eldar tanks and jetbikes. Use as many DE bits as I can on my eldar models. I've got a couple lists I'm planning on running soon that I can share with you of you'd like.

Ice just started building up the DE portion but for now everything is helmeted. But I like your idea of mandrake heads and might use that on my trueborn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Wraithkind
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: