THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Need Help to design a 1k pts anti-marine army.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon2589
Hellion
Archon2589

Need Help to design a 1k pts anti-marine army. Empty
PostSubject: Need Help to design a 1k pts anti-marine army.   Need Help to design a 1k pts anti-marine army. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29 2014, 03:32

Hi guys. So I play against a lot of marine players (ultramarines, Death wing) and they tend to use a lot of vehicules (land raider and drop pod) and walkers (dreadnought). So I'm trying to build my army around this kind of adversary. What do you think of the following ? Warning : this list has a lot of haywire.

Archon : Blaster, Armour of Misery, Webway Portal
Total: 125

Warriors x9 : Blaster, Sybarite, Haywire Grenades
Raider : Dark Lance
Total: 162

Warriors x10 : Blaster, Sybarite, Haywire Grenades
Total: 170

Raider
Total: 165

Wrack x5 : Acothyst : Venom Blade + Liquifier, Ossefactor
Venom : Splinter Cannon

Scourges x5 : Haywire Blaster x4
Total: 120

Reavers x5 : Heat Lance
Total : 90

Total: 997
Back to top Go down
SaturdayNightWrist
Hellion
SaturdayNightWrist

PostSubject: Re: Need Help to design a 1k pts anti-marine army.   Need Help to design a 1k pts anti-marine army. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29 2014, 07:30

Drop that heat lance from the reavers and take caltrops (you're reavers will be jinking most the time anyway) and rending hits on 3+ marines are great.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Need Help to design a 1k pts anti-marine army.   Need Help to design a 1k pts anti-marine army. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29 2014, 19:30

Archon2589 wrote:
Archon : Blaster, Armour of Misery, Webway Portal
Total: 125
This is...okay? I don't really get the point of bothering with the army on a unit that is a shooting unit. Just seems like a waste of points for very moderate gain and it's not even like you're comboing it with any trophies or tank shocks, or even some of the daft artifacts. I'd sack it to save points.

Archon2589 wrote:
Warriors x9  : Blaster, Sybarite, Haywire Grenades
Total: 162
I understand the basic concept you're going for with the haywire - but it's not really combo-ing that well with what the rest of the unit is doing. Also, just at a glance, you're burning, what, like 45 points on that tactic? I bet you can find better value for 45 points than a 'might get to use it' upgrade. Heck, turn the bike squad into another Scourge squad and you not only get more haywire into the list, you get more *functional* haywire and it even saves you points.

Archon2589 wrote:
Total: 170

Raider  
I, personally, think Gunboat builds are a poor plan nowadays. Others really swear by them (they are wrong Wink ). That said - if you wish to go gunboat, you might as well get some s.racks on these to make them viable for what you're doing (again, a better value than the Sybs and nades).

Frankly I'd sack 5 Warriors from each squad and find a better use for the points, myself - but that does depend on your access to other vehicles/units I suppose.

Basic advice - Gunboats need splinter racks to even vaguely justify their value.

Archon2589 wrote:
Wrack x5 : Acothyst : Venom Blade + Liquifier, Ossefactor
Venom : Splinter Cannon
I think Wracks are on the low end of unit value now - they are better than Wyches, but worse than Warriors - especially if not taken through the Coven supplement. You could field 5 Warriors w. a Blaster in a Venom for less than this and really have a better overall unit for most purposes (and, again, save points Wink )

Archon2589 wrote:
Scourges x5 : Haywire Blaster x4
Total: 120
Fine.

Archon2589 wrote:
Reavers x5 : Heat Lance
Total : 90
Meh - I agree with the other comments about the bikes - also, as they gain value in multiples of 3, it is silly to stop at 5 and not find the points to bump up to 6 for an extra special weapon selection.
I tend to advocate caltrops though.

My overall advice would be to sack the Sybs, the Armor, and the Bikes and use those points to maybe take a Ravager and some splinter racks - I think that would boost the core army design better.[/quote]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Help to design a 1k pts anti-marine army.   Need Help to design a 1k pts anti-marine army. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need Help to design a 1k pts anti-marine army.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: