THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

vs. Grey Knights

Go down 
+6
Silverglade
SaturdayNightWrist
Bleaksoul Brethren
Count Adhemar
Cerve
Squidmaster
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

vs. Grey Knights Empty
PostSubject: vs. Grey Knights   vs. Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29 2014, 14:11

Hola chaps, looking for advice.
I've a game next week, and the opponent is bringing Grey Knights.
Specifically he's bringing the Librarian + 10 Paladins "Oh I hope they don't get Invisibility" Grey Knights.
So, what is your advice on the best thing to do about this?

At the moment I'm planning to just go for weight of fire, but I'd like SOMETHING up my sleeve.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

vs. Grey Knights Empty
PostSubject: Re: vs. Grey Knights   vs. Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29 2014, 14:32

Win with objectives

...and think about Reavers/Elm
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

vs. Grey Knights Empty
PostSubject: Re: vs. Grey Knights   vs. Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29 2014, 15:28

Squidmaster wrote:
Specifically he's bringing the Librarian + 10 Paladins "Oh I hope they don't get Invisibility" Grey Knights.

At the moment I'm planning to just go for weight of fire, but I'd like SOMETHING up my sleeve.

I'm starting to sound a bit repetitive at the moment but I'd ally in a Culexus Assassin and watch that death star evaporate.

Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

vs. Grey Knights Empty
PostSubject: Re: vs. Grey Knights   vs. Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29 2014, 19:53

Disintegraters on the raiders/ ravagers.
Back to top Go down
SaturdayNightWrist
Hellion
SaturdayNightWrist

vs. Grey Knights Empty
PostSubject: Re: vs. Grey Knights   vs. Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29 2014, 20:11

Being a Grey Knight player myself, I hate strength eight weapons. Insta kills and voiding my apothecary.
I would take dark lance and blasters and just try to keep them at a distance. Psychic will stuff you over regardless of what you take. I would maybe even consider a couple wych squads on foot to tie up the paladins while the rest of your stuff positions itself.
Most likely he will take strike squds to fill the "troops" and first turn deepstike them with incinerators. Run and shoot on incinerators will skrew over any night fighting/cover saves you may have. So be careful with that.
Pretty much first turn deepstiking incinerators will ruin your day.
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

vs. Grey Knights Empty
PostSubject: Re: vs. Grey Knights   vs. Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29 2014, 20:56

well if he is taking paladins, he is sinking a LOT Of points into them.

So volume fire from a distance could be a good tactic.     disintigrators are good vs. grey knights as the AP 2 and volume of fire to rip up.  But since it is paladis, I think Saturday is right, str 8 weapons will be your friend.

Taking allied wraithguard with a spirit seer (to make them troops) has always served me well vs. grey knights.  Str 10 with the potential to instant death his dreadknight is nice.   (plus it would always instakill paladins). And by putting your HQ with WWP in them, you'll be able to pop up where-ever you like.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

vs. Grey Knights Empty
PostSubject: Re: vs. Grey Knights   vs. Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30 2014, 08:00

Hm, scourges with 4 blasters could be usefull. Ravager with dissies, too.

Wych
Cavalier

vs. Grey Knights Empty
PostSubject: Re: vs. Grey Knights   vs. Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30 2014, 15:39

Yeah I had a run in with a very tough Grey Knights list on 2 occasions a couple weeks back. Gotta agree with Silverglade about the Archon with standard Wraithguard- its super nasty. Give him a Blaster, WWP and a Shadowfield (Helm of Spite?) and he become T6 with 2++... squeak a nasty Autarch in their too with a Soulshrive and Fusion gun and you have a very scary unit that can tear it up just about anything. The majorty T6 is super nasty for the Archon with a shadowfield. I used these guys to tear up his Dreadknights which are a huge pain especially with the greatsword as their mobility and insane strength/insta-death can wreck vehicles, multi-wound infantry like Grots, and even scare the pants off a Talos, Chornos, and even Wraithknights (not a pretty sight!) Razz

Allies aside... Razorwings could be very good against those paladins. Two or Three unloading all their missiles onto them could really ruin their day. However if he gets invisibility you could be in trouble.

In that case I'd just try and play keep away, use your mobility to grab objectives and play purely to the mission ignoring his death star.

Slave
ThreefoldSerpent

vs. Grey Knights Empty
PostSubject: Re: vs. Grey Knights   vs. Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01 2014, 07:12

id find a way to add in a culexus assassin or two, some suppliment haemonculi with crucible, and an archon or something with the relic helm. just any way you can figure out to mess them up with their powers, or hurt them due to being psykers. then the usual volume of shots thing.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

vs. Grey Knights Empty
PostSubject: Re: vs. Grey Knights   vs. Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05 2014, 12:00

Count Adhemar wrote:
Squidmaster wrote:

I'm starting to sound a bit repetitive at the moment but I'd ally in a Culexus Assassin and watch that death star evaporate.

We have a winner!

I went for a Culexus, infiltrated into the centre of the board, and he completely shut the Grey Knights down. Draigo and friends still managed to drop and do some damage, but the Culexus managed to keep him firmly in place and not jumping around, and let my pound into the unit.
It took a long time, but eventually the Dark Artisans managed to hurl themselves into combat, and did a fantastic job of eating Draigo (at the cost of the Culexus).
From there it was a long drag of taking down the rest of the unit with all the firepower I could muster, and it would have worked if I had:
1/ remembered to roll for my Razorwing in reserve, and
2/ remembered that the Animus Speculum (Culexus) fires in the PSYCHIC phase.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Aroban
Kabalite Warrior
Aroban

vs. Grey Knights Empty
PostSubject: Re: vs. Grey Knights   vs. Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05 2014, 12:50

Sorry, what is the Culexus Assassin?

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

vs. Grey Knights Empty
PostSubject: Re: vs. Grey Knights   vs. Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05 2014, 12:56

It's the anti-psyker assassin from the Officio Assassinorum dataslate.

Aroban
Kabalite Warrior
Aroban

vs. Grey Knights Empty
PostSubject: Re: vs. Grey Knights   vs. Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05 2014, 13:07

Ok thanks

vs. Grey Knights Empty
PostSubject: Re: vs. Grey Knights   vs. Grey Knights I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

vs. Grey Knights
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: