THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Lone Archon in Venom

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Caspaar
Kabalite Warrior
Caspaar

Lone Archon in Venom Empty
PostSubject: Lone Archon in Venom   Lone Archon in Venom I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29 2014, 17:08

Hey everybody,

I'm planning to expand my Coven with a little Kabalite Force and had the idea of a street gang hellion-esque small Kabalite raiding party. When I thought about my HQ I realised that there's nothing more street gangster than a pimped up Venom for my lone Archon.

I know it's not the most "viable" choice, but if you had to take it, how'd you field it? Blaster and nothing more? Or could you use the Archon as some sort of mellee support character who charges into existing close combats to support your units.

I'm thrilled to hear your ideas or even experiences Smile.

Cheers
Caspaar
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Lone Archon in Venom   Lone Archon in Venom I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29 2014, 18:13

You could do either, really - I'd tend to just say toss a blaster on him and call it a day though as that way if the Venom is shot out from under him early he can still be helpful while footslogging around. Also, Coven builds usually are begging for extra anti-mech tools.

Back to top Go down
agosyb
Hellion
agosyb

PostSubject: Re: Lone Archon in Venom   Lone Archon in Venom I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09 2014, 14:24

I would actually recommend against the lone blaster. That's a lot of points for a single special weapon, and while I don't believe in "points investment versus points return" I think there's more they can do. The archon's big sell is that 2+ invulnerable save that on a good day can really swing a game sometimes. Give him the shadow field and and an agonizer and go to town supporting combats as needed, or just tying up nuisances for a round or two, like devastater squads/havocs, that sort of thing. I wouldn't sweat ap3, the new design convention is to make a 2+ armor save more valuable, and quite frankly if you weren't just lancing those targets to death in the first place you were being a little reckless haha.
Back to top Go down
Caspaar
Kabalite Warrior
Caspaar

PostSubject: Re: Lone Archon in Venom   Lone Archon in Venom I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09 2014, 15:02

Thanks for the replies! I think I will proxy-try both versions. I tend towards the combat Archon, though. I simply like it when my main dude can dish out some damage Smile

Cheers
Caspaar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lone Archon in Venom   Lone Archon in Venom I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lone Archon in Venom
Page 1 of 1