THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Reavers, close combat, dont get the charge. Worth it?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kahnartiste
Slave
Kahnartiste

Reavers, close combat, dont get the charge. Worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Reavers, close combat, dont get the charge. Worth it?   Reavers, close combat, dont get the charge. Worth it? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03 2014, 22:19

So I got to play with my 9 new reavers and I dont know how to feel about em honestly. On the one hand, I got +1 strength combat drugs, which was very nice. Also, i killed my opponets tiggy the ultrasmurf, and they technically lasted until turn 6 before dying. As far as tactics went I reserved and they came on board turn two, had 3 CC, an arena champion with no wargear (didnt have the points in the small game we did). With 9 rending S6 HoW, + 4 S4 normal HoW, Tiggy took 0 wounds. He did have prescience, forewarning or whatever, and some other rerolly/4+ invuln divination power active though so I sorta understand. I did finally kill him with weight of normal close combat attacks that combat (he only had 1 wound left and was bound to fail). Basically, when they charge they are godly, but when they got charged by 2 combat tacticals in his assault phase they just couldnt do anything and died horribly, even with hit and run. Would running an agonizer help enough to make it worth it?
Back to top Go down
Anterzhul
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, close combat, dont get the charge. Worth it?   Reavers, close combat, dont get the charge. Worth it? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04 2014, 14:47

The main issue I can see with bringing an agoniser is that you are paying A LOT of points for little return (The champ doesn't have an absurd amount of attacks like an archon/succubus, nor does he have survivability, yet he does pay premium for that agoniser)

Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, close combat, dont get the charge. Worth it?   Reavers, close combat, dont get the charge. Worth it? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04 2014, 15:01

An agoniser would help, yes. As Anterzhul intimated though, without a lot of attacks then it's a costly weapon to take for a minor uplift in damage output.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, close combat, dont get the charge. Worth it?   Reavers, close combat, dont get the charge. Worth it? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04 2014, 15:11

Agonizer is too expensive for a simple champion, to me.

The plan with Reavers is to don't waste them in a CaC wich expose them to death. Hit and Run is there for the purpose, pay attection at enemy's countercharge! Smile

They are great, and a bit more resiliance than other DE choice, but still a glass cannon, expecially in CC
Back to top Go down
Kahnartiste
Slave
Kahnartiste

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, close combat, dont get the charge. Worth it?   Reavers, close combat, dont get the charge. Worth it? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04 2014, 19:01

Thanks guys. I think the issue for me was mostly my inexperience (it was my first game of warhammer) with rules and positioning. I also kept rolling 6s for my hit and run XD I think I'll try taking 2 HL on the bikes instead of te aggy. Since I'm not going to use a cc weapon is the champ even worth it just for the LD bump ?
Back to top Go down
honethedroll
Hellion
honethedroll

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, close combat, dont get the charge. Worth it?   Reavers, close combat, dont get the charge. Worth it? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04 2014, 22:27

Because of how fast bikes run away, if you're running a big unit like that in a low point game, I'd say it's worth it. It's so easy to get run off the board early on. You don't want to lose 200 points just because you failed the check.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, close combat, dont get the charge. Worth it?   Reavers, close combat, dont get the charge. Worth it? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reavers, close combat, dont get the charge. Worth it?
Page 1 of 1